Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

On 10/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, Blotto said:

Eating at the bar at pluckers tonight when two spots open to my left. Shit was crowded and there was two couples behind me looking to sit down. There was also a group getting ready to leave on my right, so I told the group behind me that I would move down so they could all sit together. They were thrilled with my sacrifice and offered to buy me a drink, but I had just reloaded with another big beer, so I told them dont worry about it. 

Half hour later, I ordered another big beer and when the group noticed, they were pissed that it was on my tab. I was bullshitting with the guy next to me, and I told him "look, it you want to take a beer off my tab, I'm not gonna fight over it."  When they were closing out, the bartender asked if they were picking up my tab, and I told the dude "not my tab, just one beer.'

15 minutes later I ask to close out, and find out they switched my tab over without telling me.  Free $40 tab just for scooting my ass down two bar stools. That pleased the ever living shit out of me.

But did you still tip the bartender?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mdmost said:

This Marie Kondo tidying up your shit stuff is amazing. Folding my clothes into small sizes to make them stand up in my drawer shouldn't be this pleasing. A lot of the crap in our house that we've amassed fits the definition of trivial things. Getting rid of all of it unless it still gives us joy is very enjoyable. It's ridiculous how much crap we hold onto.

Makes you think twice about buying “things” doesn’t it?  

I’ve done three full purges in the last year due to divorce and have at least two more - garage (already partially done once), and the attic and it feels so good.  Every other square inch of my house is clean and purged. Incidentally my ex bordered on hoarding though she just stuffed her shit in the excessive storage spots we have so it didn’t show.  Things like fabric, dishes, napkins, sheets, old pillows, dead batteries, used light bulbs.  Found a draw full of nothing but old fashioned wooden clothes pins, and on and on.  I ended up with 60 full black garden trash bags - the big ones - and tons of things I just piled on before I stopped keeping count.  When we would try to clean together she would freak out and I couldn’t understand.  I would ask have you used this in the last three years and the answer was always no.  I would say it’s time to chunk it and the answer was always no.  If I pressed I would get the I’ll rake it to goodwill and then it just stayed there.  I honestly can’t imagine being in the same spot ever again. Thankfully.

Sounds like my mother. My mom would clean out butter and Cool Whip tubs and hold onto them. There's a lower cabinet full of them. She has about 50 pans, 20 mixing bowls, and cups & glasses to give drinks to an army of 50 men. And yes, she has enough batteries to survive the armageddon/zombie apocalypse. 

I remember my dad talking about cleaning out my grandfather's house after he passed. My grandfather hoarded all sorts of stuff. My dad hauled off 3 giant garbage dumpsters full of stuff out of my grandfather's house. Of course, he was sad that his father passed but he was really enjoying getting rid of all the crap he had seen his father amassing over multiple decades. Some day, that's going to be my brother and me when we have to deal with my mom's house.

• Like 1

My wife owns her own professional organizing business. She has been preaching the gospel of Kondo for almost as long as Kondo herself has been, so none of this is new in the Walden household. We are kind of amused, actually, when people post about it on social media, and ask Mrs. Walden if it's cutting into her profits at all -- there are a lot of people who are inspired by Kondo's show. But there are more than enough out there who have to have professional assistance to make anything come of that inspiration.

Not sure where i heard it but it's stuck with me on clutter... limit/remove as many horizontal surfaces in your house. Sounds silly but damn if it doesn't make sense, the more shelves/tables etc the more places to just throw shit down on
So... My wife already knows about this chick... And my wife has been getting rid of shit while I'm out of town. I don't know if she's thanking the stuff...

Whatever. I have too much nothing.

I keep saying that one day, ask of my stiff will fit in one bag... Not sure what size bag... He'll it might be a metaphor. But one bag.

Makes you think twice about buying “things” doesn’t it?  

I’ve done three full purges in the last year due to divorce and have at least two more - garage (already partially done once), and the attic and it feels so good.  Every other square inch of my house is clean and purged. Incidentally my ex bordered on hoarding though she just stuffed her shit in the excessive storage spots we have so it didn’t show.  Things like fabric, dishes, napkins, sheets, old pillows, dead batteries, used light bulbs.  Found a draw full of nothing but old fashioned wooden clothes pins, and on and on.  I ended up with 60 full black garden trash bags - the big ones - and tons of things I just piled on before I stopped keeping count.  When we would try to clean together she would freak out and I couldn’t understand.  I would ask have you used this in the last three years and the answer was always no.  I would say it’s time to chunk it and the answer was always no.  If I pressed I would get the I’ll rake it to goodwill and then it just stayed there.  I honestly can’t imagine being in the same spot ever again. Thankfully.
Did She grow up poor? I can relate. I keep shit in never need. I've had a non running motorcycle in my garage for 10 years. Ive had one since... Customized. Rode... Sold... 5x the value of the one on the garage.... I need the space. I'd be better off putting it on the curb... But can't.

Sounds like my mother. My mom would clean out butter and Cool Whip tubs and hold onto them. There's a lower cabinet full of them. She has about 50 pans, 20 mixing bowls, and cups & glasses to give drinks to an army of 50 men. And yes, she has enough batteries to survive the armageddon/zombie apocalypse. 
I remember my dad talking about cleaning out my grandfather's house after he passed. My grandfather hoarded all sorts of stuff. My dad hauled off 3 giant garbage dumpsters full of stuff out of my grandfather's house. Of course, he was sad that his father passed but he was really enjoying getting rid of all the crap he had seen his father amassing over multiple decades. Some day, that's going to be my brother and me when we have to deal with my mom's house.
Lol. My grandmother will keep used ziploc bags.

I laugh... But I've done it, just not as much.

So... My wife already knows about this chick... And my wife has been getting rid of shit while I'm out of town. I don't know if she's thanking the stuff...

Whatever. I have too much nothing.

I keep saying that one day, ask of my stiff will fit in one bag... Not sure what size bag... He'll it might be a metaphor. But one bag.
Damn... My phone. Otto, fn hates me.

33 minutes ago, Snacks said:
4 hours ago, Underdog said:
It’s why I stopped collecting and got rid of about 99% of my sports memorabilia,  can’t take it with me and jr didn’t really want it.  

I have a signed Earl jersey... Not framed. Just in a ziploc. I've had it it for a couple years. Fuck you.

Earl Campbell?  The Sausage King?  That Earl Campbell?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Isn't a successful sports agent with morals an oxymoron?

Idk. Molly Fletcher is a badass and seems like a pretty decent gal. 

Aside from that - there are a lot of good ones out there. Maybe not the big-name, uber-successful cutthroat guys but especially for former athletes I know a lot of reps/agents that are super nice and easy to deal with. 

There are also a bunch that fucking suck. 

I LOVE getting rid of shit.  My wife isn’t a hoarder by any stretch but she is messy as fuck and has low standards for what she’s willing to let take up space.  Nothing brings me more pleasure than throwing something away or taking something to goodwill knowing I will never have to see it again.  I told my wife if we did the Marie Kondo shit I would be sitting naked in an empty house with only my wedding ring and guitar, since those are the only material possessions I own that I actually gaf about.

The other day on my way home from work a construction crew had knocked out power to a few intersections and the signals were completely off, not even all red flash. It pleased me though that everyone I saw handled it properly and it wasn't just a complete clusterfuck. 

I'm so bad about keeping shit. That I bought a house to flip in our neighborhood, and the old man that died had a bunch of unopened and slightly used yard chemicals, medical supplies, and cleaning supplies. Mrs. CHIEF told me I couldn't bring any of it home, we had plenty already and no place to store it. On the day they were coming to pick up the dumpster, I probably threw away $1000+ of supplies, and at least $500 worth of perfume and cologne. 

I grew up always being told to be thrifty, resourceful, and to not be wasteful. I advertised it all for free, and still had only one taker, and he took only the stuff that he could use. I think it is a curse. I will never buy another house that I have to throw away perfectly good items. I don't care how much money I can make on the house, the misery that it caused cannot be measured monetarily.

CHIEF

• Like 1

After reading the other trivial thread, and all the bitching and moaning about various chicken places, I realized that one of the things that pleases me most in the world is the smell of cooking chicken outside any chicken restaurant. I mean, literally, any of them, even the ones I don't actually like. Fried, grilled, roasted, whatever. The smell of cooking chicken puts a smile on my face every damned time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

After reading the other trivial thread, and all the bitching and moaning about various chicken places, I realized that one of the things that pleases me most in the world is the smell of cooking chicken outside any chicken restaurant. I mean, literally, any of them, even the ones I don't actually like. Fried, grilled, roasted, whatever. The smell of cooking chicken puts a smile on my face every damned time.

I work out at lunch in a gym that is behind a Chicken Express. I haven't eaten at CE in at least 9 years, but good lord, the smell when I come out of the gym makes it incredibly tempting.

So they have taken the cookie that is the worst for you heath wise and outdone themselves.

I will be going to the store tomorrow.

I hate the filling. Do they sell the cookie without the filing? I’d buy that. I usually open up the cookie and scrape out the filing.
  • Like 1