Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

14 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Think I’ve seen 3 commercials where a hot chick is relieved to not receive a marriage proposal from a homely dude below her station. Most recently a very rude brunette in the TMobile commercial.

Taylor Misiak.  You're welcome:

i8jvq00w8vr51.jpg?auto=webp&s=754de7fc63

195841-taylor-misiak.jpg

230871567_580158413014063_92151909634679

DZPWqZRVwAAyPYo.jpg

We're also supposed to believe that she's Dave's girlfriend in, uh...Dave.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

WTF are you talking about? What squad?

Wasn't the post I quoted from the "sauce for every squad" BWW commercial? 

My point was that I'm tired of the overuse of the word "squad" in advertising to refer to any group of friends engaged in an activity, not any sort of political reference. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

100 years from now, the remnants of humanity living in caves will wonder why we didnt stop Thomas J Henry while we had the chance.

Funny you say that. Just the other day I was thinking that if they announced that an asteroid is headed towards Earth and it will hit in six months and kill everything on it, and there’s nothing we can do to stop it, the first thing I would do, THE FIRST THING, would be to find that motherfucker.

• Like 1

Now that I’m thinking about it, General Motors seems to have a rich history of making annoying commercials.

Yep. Remember the stupid everyone dragging their tailgates around from a few years ago? Not only are they awful, but they get played all the time.

Firehouse Subs says they donate money to first responders, and thus they have a new motto that says "Enjoy More Subs. Save More Lives." in the ad they literally say, "our subs save lives." GTFOH. besides, what says "i'm saving a life" like stuffing your gullet with a cured meats, an entire foot of bread, and high calorie sauces full of HFCS?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

100 years from now, the remnants of humanity living in caves will wonder why we didnt stop Thomas J Henry while we had the chance.

I literally just saw a fucking bullboard this asshole put up on 183 that claimed he had just won a 1.25 BILLION settlement. 

if true thats getting close to Joe Jamail fucking territory

We have an Animal problem.
Hate to hate on Muppets, but that has to be the dumbest one yet.

I have to disagree as I posted earlier in the thread. As someone that grew up with the Muppet Show, I absolutely love it. The scene when she is in the kitchen makes me laugh every time. To each his own.

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have to disagree as I posted earlier in the thread. As someone that grew up with the Muppet Show, I absolutely love it. The scene when she is in the kitchen makes me laugh every time. To each his own.

I concur.  It makes me laugh because at one point he sounds Bobcat "Goldthwait_esqe,"

Any car commercial, whether Cadillac, Lincoln, or any other, that shows the driver of their cars taking their hands off the steering wheel just to show that the car can steer itself irritates the shit out of me.  Not only is this reinforcing inherently unsafe behavior, but if someone is too lazy or disinterested in driving to keep their fucking hands on the wheel and pay attention to the task of driving their car, maybe they shouldn't be driving.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Any car commercial, whether Cadillac, Lincoln, or any other, that shows the driver of their cars taking their hands off the steering wheel just to show that the car can steer itself irritates the shit out of me.  Not only is this reinforcing inherently unsafe behavior, but if someone is too lazy or disinterested in driving to keep their fucking hands on the wheel and pay attention to the task of driving their car, maybe they shouldn't be driving.

reminds of the NON-Tesla  commercial from 3 or so years ago where the driver is literally so distracted that the car keeps having to get the car back between the lanes, stopping him from changing lanes because another car is there and braking because the driver is zoned out

at the time I was stunned because it basically was telling everyone no need to pay attention to shit while driving, the car is basically a Tesla- lite (bullshit) and the car is gonna save you from your stupidity.   again, this wasnt a tesla commercial, it was like a Mazda, or VW or some shit.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

There was a Nissan commercial a while back where a Rogue went rogue and autonomously prevented an inattentive driver from running over a child on the sidewalk within the first 10 feet of her journey. 

Nissan: the perfect car for people who can't even pay attention long enough to pull out of the driveway!