Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

2 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

And what the fuck is the ‘most inclusive camera’ supposed to mean?

The camera, like the phone, is not mass produced technology. It's your friend who loves to take pictures of you and realizes just how special you are. It's not plastic. It's a living smart thing that cares about you and knows your ins and outs.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Shes always been an annoying cunt

Wow. In character, she's brilliant in my opinion. 

First time I saw her was when someone sent me this:

I think she brings nice energy to the phone commercial which isn't great but compared to Verizon Has Done It Again and a thousand other commercials that make sugary grabs at my heartstrings or explain things such as dignity or tell me that I'm a fighter who gives his all into anything I do (I deserve this medication for psoriasis!!), it's way above average to me.

Different strokes, I guess. She is kind of dull as an interviewee.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kind of like the new one I saw this last weekend (I think it is an Apple commercial) where the brother is knocking the snowmen over in his yard and the little sister goes out and saves the last one and puts it in the freezer until the next winter. She then returns it to the yard where it immediately gets run over by a prick(aren't they all) on a bicycle. 

Edited by Steamboat1874

33 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Kind of like the new one I saw this last weekend (I think it is an Apple commercial) where the brother is knocking the snowmen over in his yard and the little sister goes out and saves the last one and puts it in the freezer until the next winter. She then returns it to the yard where it immediately gets run over by a prick(aren't they all) on a bicycle. 

If they had stopped right there, it would have been one of the greatest commercials ever.  Stupidly, they had to show the family coming to together to build a new one.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:18 AM, Scary Stranger said:

If they had stopped right there, it would have been one of the greatest commercials ever.  Stupidly, they had to show the family coming to together to build a new one.

The wailing in the beginning that's part of the song is really irritating and making me hate this one. 

Anybody else see an insidious not-so-subliminal message in the stupid “the tiger and the buffalo” facebook ad? First of all, the tiger is in the process of killing the buffalo (doesn’t look like a buffalo to me at all but whatever) and then when he’s being watched by the woke mob, he starts petting the prey. Right. Then they start playing this idiotic song and all four woke idiots start hypnotically dancing to it. Basically what facebook is saying is: we are a predator but we’re gonna pretend that we’re not, and we’ll pull the wool over your eyes with our content.

Fuck facebook.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Anybody else see an insidious not-so-subliminal message in the stupid “the tiger and the buffalo” facebook ad? First of all, the tiger is in the process of killing the buffalo (doesn’t look like a buffalo to me at all but whatever) and then when he’s being watched by the woke mob, he starts petting the prey. Right. Then they start playing this idiotic song and all four woke idiots start hypnotically dancing to it. Basically what facebook is saying is: we are a predator but we’re gonna pretend that we’re not, and we’ll pull the wool over your eyes with our content.

Fuck facebook.

Yeah it’s weird as fuck. Also fuck facebook. In the face 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Fuck facebook.

Its a water buffalo. Have you got a towel? I hit one with my car

Edited by Longhornstampede
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, XYZ said:

Fuck facebook.

It's one of the worst commercials I've ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:
18 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:
Any and all perfume/cologne ads.  Just saw one with Julia Roberts' dumb face.

... and Johnny Depp playing guitar... in the desert... with wolves.

Johnny Depp is about 10 years past his expiration date. He needs to pay Hunter a visit.

Edited by RPM

Just now, mr. sunshine said:

Before these commercials I didn’t know middle aged losers who wear eye shadow and stupid hats were anyone’s target demographic to shill cologne to. Finally there’s a scent for me

I'm a Hai Karate man.

• Hook 'Em 2

Does anyone else think that the assistant in the Kyler Murray ad is digitally placed and reduced in size in order to make Kyler Murray look larger? The lighting on him looks off compared to everyone else and the tablet looks the right size relative to his body, but would be tiny compared to Murray.

If Murray is 5'10", then that means the assistant is 5'4", tops. But instead, his entire body is shrunk down.

spacer.png

On 12/6/2021 at 7:29 PM, ztejas said:

Watching MNF with my dad.

"Why does anyone think Kate McKinnon is appealing in these ads?"

she's gotten increasingly more psychotic.

also, i can't tell if the walking around poorly in heels thing is a put on, but it clearly looks like she has no ideas how to walk in heels.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:29 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Need help from the peanut gallery to settle a household disagreement. 

In the Amazon/Alexa commercial with the older African-American couple slow dancing to "I Only Have Eyes For You" where the man tells Alexa to play their favorite song again, does the woman have dementia such that she only recognizes her husband when her memory is triggered by the song? Or is it just two old people dancing to the same song all afternoon? 

Definitely the old woman has Alzheimer’s.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/13/2021 at 5:19 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Does anyone else think that the assistant in the Kyler Murray ad is digitally placed and reduced in size in order to make Kyler Murray look larger? The lighting on him looks off compared to everyone else and the tablet looks the right size relative to his body, but would be tiny compared to Murray.

Edited by Lhorn

On 12/8/2021 at 10:18 AM, Scary Stranger said:

If they had stopped right there, it would have been one of the greatest commercials ever. 

What in the actual fuck? If my kid came in the house and started tossing shit out of my freezer and put a snowman in there, I'm not gonna just sit at the table and act powerless. I'm throwing the snowman outside and telling her to pick up the fucking mess she made. Just imagining having to deal with some dirty snowman in my freezer for a fucking year has me raging. Fuck that kid and fuck parents that act like a "friend" instead of a parent.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2021 at 4:43 PM, hayden_horn said:

she's gotten increasingly more psychotic.

also, i can't tell if the walking around poorly in heels thing is a put on, but it clearly looks like she has no ideas how to walk in heels.

Well, she's a man. 

Edited by Deej

What in the actual fuck? If my kid came in the house and started tossing shit out of my freezer and put a snowman in there, I'm not gonna just sit at the table and act powerless. I'm throwing the snowman outside and telling her to pick up the fucking mess she made. Just imagining having to deal with some dirty snowman in my freezer for a fucking year has me raging. Fuck that kid and fuck parents that act like a "friend" instead of a parent.

All of that is true. But the fact that she babies this thing and loves it and then it is immediately destroys just cracks me up.

1 minute ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

These new jerkoffs are a clear downgrade from the original knuckleheads. 

intro-1602960226.jpg

Those guys were great. I also like the soccer moms just fine. 

There are a bunch of other dumbasses plaguing their ads that need to go away, unfortunately. 

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

Those guys were great. I also like the soccer moms just fine. 

There are a bunch of other dumbasses plaguing their ads that need to go away, unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Unlike the current Deliverance cast members these guys were entertaining. At worst guilty of failing to give a reach around

Whatever became of the snarky milf from the early Sonic add? 

On 12/18/2021 at 11:00 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

A hearty "Fuck you" to whoever came up with the idea for the Carnival Cruise commercials with opera singers. 

How is not a whole page dedicated to these commercials?!?!

Wife almost had me convinced to go until I saw this commercial, oh… every commercial break during these bowl games. Carnival can go fuck themselves. Hard pass. 

• Hook 'Em 1