Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

11 hours ago, DougO said:

Like the Sonic commercials, especially the one with the fat couple eating bacon burgers and making fun of each other for being fat slobs eating bacon and making strange noises.

That’s just a black version of the wife and me. 

• Haha 1

they are going to have to put Lily to pasture like Progressive has recently done with Flo.    Let her be in a few commercials so shes still officially the spokeswoman,  but tone down her role significantly,  which means she no longer makes the money she made as a full time spokeswoman and either she quits. or you get her down to 1 or 2 bits a year. 

you could also call it the Shaka Smart treatment

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

they are going to have to put Lily to pasture like Progressive has recently done with Flo.    Let her be in a few commercials so shes still officially the spokeswoman,  but tone down her role significantly,  which means she no longer makes the money she made as a full time spokeswoman and either she quits. or you get her down to 1 or 2 bits a year. 

It looks like they are already phasing her out and introducing a new version. I've seen a couple of recent ones that look like modern Lily after fat camp, but still looking rough. The writing was on the wall when they were recycling 20 year old Lily re-edited CGI versions. Her contract must be running out.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’d love to know the behind the scenes on Flo and the development of the character and ecosystem. I love those spots and how they have new layers; Flo visiting her sister is funny in the latest one.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I mean... Christian Laettner, yes. Sue Bird. Eh. 

3 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, ztejas said:
I mean... Christian Laettner, yes. Sue Bird. Eh. 

I assumed she probably had something to do with UConn women's basketball, but didn't care enough to Google it.

you 2 are clearly the problem with why no one on the planet gives a fuck about womens athletics.    your penance is to watch the Buick all audio no video commercials reminding you that NO ONE FUCKING WATCHES THEIR SHIT, for 3 straight days.

then you will learn your lesson give these clearly exceptional women their due. 

38 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you 2 are clearly the problem with why no one on the planet gives a fuck about womens athletics.    your penance is to watch the Buick all audio no video commercials reminding you that NO ONE FUCKING WATCHES THEIR SHIT, for 3 straight days.

then you will learn your lesson give these clearly exceptional women their due. 

The only thing I’ve learned from these commercials is that they still make Buicks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

But only 3% of viewers.

Right, they're already getting a disproportionate amount of coverage. Hell the wnba would have gone bankrupt a month into their first season if the NBA didn't 'subsidize ' it...are the wnba players grateful? Nope, they demand higher salaries....

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The commercial says they get 10% of the coverage...thats because of something called "ratings"

I wonder if Buick pays the same amount for a commercial on the men's and women's tournament?  If not, they're part of the "problem."

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Fuck you cousin Greg is amazing

I want the iteration of that actor that plays in that commercial to never return again. I'm sure he's a stand up guy outside of being cast in atrocious uber eats marketing campaigns. 

On 3/26/2022 at 2:08 AM, ztejas said:

I want the iteration of that actor that plays in that commercial to never return again. I'm sure he's a stand up guy outside of being cast in atrocious uber eats marketing campaigns. 

Succession. Check it out if you haven't. Show may not be for you but Cousin Greg is a beacon of light. 

On 3/20/2022 at 10:20 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

they are going to have to put Lily to pasture like Progressive has recently done with Flo.    

Um, Lilly spending too much time in the pasture grazing seems to be the real problem.

Also, why does Sarah Levy have her living room drapes open to the street while sleeping at 4am?  Who does that?  Converted to Dutch Calvinism?

Edited by clapclapclap
Maybe Lilly ate too much 4am french toast?