Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

3 hours ago, Droopy said:

How is not a whole page dedicated to these commercials?!?!

Wife almost had me convinced to go until I saw this commercial, oh… every commercial break during these bowl games. Carnival can go fuck themselves. Hard pass. 

At least they didn't call back Kathie Lee Gifford.

Is it just me, or is the demographic of female, one-armed rock climbers a bit over-represented in commercials these days?  And speaking of Erin Andrews, that Lexus commercial she does, "She's rich...she rich, rich" irritates me.  I don't care how hot she may be, that ad makes her sound like a moron.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

just saw an ad for some new sitcom that's going to be coming to NBC where they quoted a reviewer as saying, "this could be the next 'The Office' or 'Superstore'". huh? that's like saying, "This could be the next Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy." so which is it? 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

just saw an ad for some new sitcom that's going to be coming to NBC where they quoted a reviewer as saying, "this could be the next 'The Office' or 'Superstore'". huh? that's like saying, "This could be the next Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy." so which is it? 

As soon as I heard that commercial I thought "that show will fail immediately". Never in the history of TV has a show that was called "the next" anything ever amounted to more than a pile of dogshit. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

As soon as I heard that commercial I thought "that show will fail immediately". Never in the history of TV has a show that was called "the next" anything ever amounted to more than a pile of dogshit. 

True. They should market every new show as the next pile of dogshit, then maybe they will be hits.

the Lincoln Aviator commercial is starting to become annoying.    The song they are playing is 60+ years old

I get that she's a jazz icon, but there are much better clasic jazz songs that could be played. 

maybe its because her songs are now in the public domain they can play it with no royalties. 

Now that Discover has thankfully scaled back on the airing of the cash back cash match commercial I need to find a new focus for my range. Kate McKinnon is running really strong. Why does she walk like that? Someone posted up thread about her not being able to walk in heels. I think that's a bit, that part of the ad has her in heels on fake ice. But the rest of the commercial she walks like a sasquatch. Why does she swing her arms like that? Strong Patterson-Gimlin vibes. I mean what in the actual fuck? Who walks like that?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Now that Discover has thankfully scaled back on the airing of the cash back cash match commercial I need to find a new focus for my range. Kate McKinnon is running really strong. Why does she walk like that? Someone posted up thread about her not being able to walk in heels. I think that's a bit, that part of the ad has her in heels on fake ice. But the rest of the commercial she walks like a sasquatch. Why does she swing her arms like that? Strong Patterson-Gimlin vibes. I mean what in the actual fuck? Who walks like that?

Yeah, she is kinda hunched over and has her feet wide apart, waving all around. It's like she's channeling John Madden.

Edited by DougO