Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

Any hope the Super Bowl ads aren't going to be God-awful?  As a Cowboy fan, I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that the Super Bowl is for the ads; however, they seem to get worse every year.  /get off my lawn!  It'd be nice if we could, at least, get past the preachiness of the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

New Geico commercial, not particularly stupid nor memorable for any reason, but I kept trying to figure out where I've seen that dude...

default-large.jpg

Hide contents

Krazy 8

FJkvNRFXwAQXxna?format=jpg&name=large

Wow, an interracial couple in a TV ad. That’s never been done before.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Wow, an interracial couple in a TV ad. That’s never been done before.

I keep seeing ads where interracial couples have kids that are all over the place. There's an ATT ad where the parents are white and black and the kids look Mexican. There's another ad where the parents are white and black and the daughter is totally white and the son is mixed. 

I wish they'd start fucking with us and have like 2 black parents with 3 ginger kids. Or an Indian couple and their kids look Chinese. Like stuff that wouldn't make sense even if you were thinking "oh well maybe they adopted". 

• Haha 2

On 2/8/2022 at 2:58 PM, Hate said:

The Chevy commercial with the guy almost rear ending a taco truck while they talk about what's for dinner...in what world does the woman not immediately start yelling at her husband for almost killing them? 

Have you noticed how she says she had sushi the day before, yet says she doesn't like seafood when he suggests it?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

I keep seeing ads where interracial couples have kids that are all over the place. There's an ATT ad where the parents are white and black and the kids look Mexican. There's another ad where the parents are white and black and the daughter is totally white and the son is mixed. 

I wish they'd start fucking with us and have like 2 black parents with 3 ginger kids. Or an Indian couple and their kids look Chinese. Like stuff that wouldn't make sense even if you were thinking "oh well maybe they adopted". 

Lol.  There's one where it's a gay black dude and a gay white dude.  Their kids are mixed.  Either the couple or the ad agency really overplotted this.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, NorthLoop said:

Jagermeister commercial with Post Malone. I guess I'm just shocked that Jagermeister is still in business. 

They played that literally every commercial break during the hockey game I was watching the other night.  I was ready to kill that fat stupid-looking mofo by the end of the 2nd period.

The salesforce ad with Matthew checks all the woke boxes: being “green”, interracial couple, and black woman with big hair.

Ever since Derka posted that collage of screenshots of black women with the big hair, I now notice them in pretty much every ad.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you didn't enjoy the "Larry's Lattes" season, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Larry hasn’t been funny since he divorced Cheryl. She was such a perfect foil to him. Now she’s just another version of Susie, and he’s an old fuck living with fucking JB Smoove. Larry’s Lattes was a bad story arc, almost as bad as the Maria Sophia arc.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the "oh no. oh no. oh no no no." song was already my least favorite/most hated song ever, and now they've gone and put it in an ad that airs during every single commercial break if the tourney. fucking great. 😡 

Another annoying tiktok song that got taken by commercials

48 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The ATT commercials with Matt Stafford and Coach K with suddenly slender again Lilly aren't tricking me. Some sort of sorcery going on there. You don't ever see both peoples faces in the same shot

Yep, 60 pounds lighter and 20 years younger Lily, and lots of backs of heads of doubles.

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yet another commercial that portrays its customers as complete morons.  I don't get that?

Like the Sonic commercials, especially the one with the fat couple eating bacon burgers and making fun of each other for being fat slobs eating bacon and making strange noises.

• Hook 'Em 2