Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

25 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Why does she walk like that? Someone posted up thread about her not being able to walk in heels. I think that's a bit,

I think it was supposed to be a projection of power. Didn't work. Just looks awkward.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:44 PM, blacklab said:

so nerdwallet is implying you need to get a new credit card to buy a team jersey? All other cards maxed out or something?

If you're an adult buying a jersey, it's safe to assume that your life ain't going too well.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, Baboontyme said:

Now that Discover has thankfully scaled back on the airing of the cash back cash match commercial I need to find a new focus for my range. Kate McKinnon is running really strong. Why does she walk like that? Someone posted up thread about her not being able to walk in heels. I think that's a bit, that part of the ad has her in heels on fake ice. But the rest of the commercial she walks like a sasquatch. Why does she swing her arms like that? Strong Patterson-Gimlin vibes. I mean what in the actual fuck? Who walks like that?

She walks like she just sharted and she's trying like hell to keep the shit from getting all over her ass/vag. 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:38 PM, Mo Horn said:

Just found out this weekend that Halle Berry plays the queen in the Caesar's commercials. Doesn't make them any better, but she is one hot woman. 

That's some pretty severe commercial FAIL if you can't even make Halle Berry look like obvious Halle Berry.

On 1/1/2022 at 12:10 PM, Scary Stranger said:

Who thought Gronk would be a good spokesperson?

as a veteran and (former) USAA customer; I actually get a kick out of those.

"What's your member number?'

"87"

"Not going to cut it here, Robert.( paraphrased.)

Edited by slorch

On 1/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, Baboontyme said:

Now that Discover has thankfully scaled back on the airing of the cash back cash match commercial I need to find a new focus for my range. Kate McKinnon is running really strong. Why does she walk like that? Someone posted up thread about her not being able to walk in heels. I think that's a bit, that part of the ad has her in heels on fake ice. But the rest of the commercial she walks like a sasquatch. Why does she swing her arms like that? Strong Patterson-Gimlin vibes. I mean what in the actual fuck? Who walks like that?

Thanks for putting me back into a Patterson-Gimlin film wormhole, asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1

This dude acting like he is sharing the secret of life about dipping his Taco Bell pisses me off to the highest of pisstivity.  Taco Bell has been on a roll.   I've hated the last 3 commercials that get played on seemingly endless loops

• Hook 'Em 2

This thing makes me all kinds of stabby.  Is this what it takes for kids to pay attention to a work of art--beats and a dance number? It's visual and at one point one of the kids isn't even looking at the thing but listening to some wayward loop in his head. At this rate, we're going to have to hire choreographers to teach K-12 and beyond.  Students will need an electronica immersion routine for basic math.  Society is toast.  

41 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I know I'm not the only one who laughingly scoffs at how stupid the stunt is with the Rain-x wipers getting defrosted in giant ice blocks by open flames. Yet can't help but marvel at how awesome it is and think to myself I fucking need those wipers. 

I haven't seen this commercial, but I have always been impressed enough with Rain-X products that I recommend them at every opportunity. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Yup, which would have tied the game, not given the Oilers a lead.

I know, I know; it most likely would not have changed the outcome of the game, those Steeler teams were so good, but dammit man...he was in.  That Steeler D completely shut down Earl, taking away our one advantage, so the outcome of the game was probably a foregone conclusion, but...shit.  😡

2 hours ago, 83Horn said:

I know, I know; it most likely would not have changed the outcome of the game, those Steeler teams were so good, but dammit man...he was in.  That Steeler D completely shut down Earl, taking away our one advantage, so the outcome of the game was probably a foregone conclusion, but...shit.  😡

I didn’t hate those Oilers teams. I didn’t want them to win against the Steelers but, I certainly respected them. I was a little boy at that game and the Renfro play was at a diagonal from my point of view.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:41 PM, d2o said:

This dude acting like he is sharing the secret of life about dipping his Taco Bell pisses me off to the highest of pisstivity.  Taco Bell has been on a roll.   I've hated the last 3 commercials that get played on seemingly endless loops

And the chick being an asshole who makes no sense. I hate them both.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

On 1/10/2022 at 8:02 PM, Cap33 said:

And the chick being an asshole who makes no sense. I hate them both.

This is what I came to post. Her reasoning for stealing his food makes no sense whatsoever. It’s not clever or cute. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah TB really needs to find a new ad agency because their last few offerings are REALLY bad and they are being played nonstop during the games this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/15/2022 at 6:31 PM, Billy Pilgrim said:

This is what I came to post. Her reasoning for stealing his food makes no sense whatsoever. It’s not clever or cute. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah TB really needs to find a new ad agency because their last few offerings are REALLY bad and they are being played nonstop during the games this weekend.

It's like we missed the first part of their conversation. Not that we *missed* it, but why does she think he's the one who wants to share food? He takes his own chip and shows off his sweet dipping sauce mixing skills. And then she's just as asshole who takes his food. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Cap33 said:

It's like we missed the first part of their conversation. Not that we *missed* it, but why does she think he's the one who wants to share food? He takes his own chip and shows off his sweet dipping sauce mixing skills. And then she's just as asshole who takes his food. 

She trades her chips for his Crunchwrap and then as it ends she grabbing at the chips again, total cunt move.  

• Hook 'Em 1