This Team Sucks

Kevin O’Shea

Soft both mentally and physically.  I want to see this shit burned to the ground because these coaches and most of these players don't seem to care so why would I ?

Hope this team looses them all this year and OU puts a hundred on the Mensa.  F that tool.

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

My kids are in seventh grade. They were born 3 weeks after Vince Young walked into the end zone on 4th down.  

To them it’s really weird that I drive to Austin six times, waste half a day of fair time,  and spend a shit ton of money each year on a team that goes just above or just below .500.  

It’s all they have ever seen. 

Yup.  My newborn son was with me as I jumped up and down and hugged total strangers when Vince crossed that goal line.  Every year since every birthday and Christmas he asks for Texas gear and apparel.  He started eighth grade this year and all he wanted was a new Texas backpack.  Earlier today, just after the game he tells me he is embarrassed to go to school on Tues with that new backpack, and I had nothing to say.  Almost a high schooler and he has no memory of a successful Texas team.   Sadness doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dixie Normous said:

There’s been a cultural shift. I’m not just pulling it out of my ass. My dad went in the late 70’s, brother went in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and I graduated last year. I don’t want my sisters going to a school that’s not supportive of their upbringing and cultural values. The place went soft and everyone walks around like they hung the moon from the day they arrive on campus. The only hard workers come from backgrounds where they couldn’t care less about athletics. The support from current students is not there and that will have exponentially greater effects in the coming years. We’ve turned into Michigan. The “we’re Texas” mentality is horse shit and does the university no favors.

We’re not developing football players because most of them show up without the required work ethic to be elite. They got their UT scholarship and they live it up in Austin. Those guys in Norman aren’t having that problem.

Maybe you should've gone to OU then. Luckily you can still point your sisters in that direction.

I think you're confusing athletics success with academic and institutional success. 

• Like 1

Maybe you should've gone to OU then. Luckily you can still point your sisters in that direction.
I think you're confusing athletics success with academic and institutional success. 

It’s not even about the athletics with me. It’s about the culture of the whole university. It’s gone to shit. I’m not gonna turn this into a political debate but that’s where I’m coming from. I’m out.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Dixie Normous said:

It’s not even about the athletics with me. It’s about the culture of the whole university. It’s gone to shit. I’m not gonna turn this into a political debate but that’s where I’m coming from. I’m out.

Well I was just there a few years ago and I did not see what you are talking about. Do you hang out on campus much? How are you some sort of expert on the culture of the whole university?

I do not not get the political stuff either. Whatever you might think about politics around UT, plenty of other Universities have similar stuff. Even OU. So I still think you are projecting a little bit. Besides we have been shitty at football before, was that because of politics that then changed when the team started winning?

Edited by Valmy77

Hey, look!  We made USAToday's list of the weeks "biggest losers" in CFB!  Who says Tom hasn't brought consistency to the program?  This guy even says so...

Texas is back, in a way, since the Texas of this decade is the sort of program that loses to Maryland. Whether Herman, Charlie Strong or the latter years of the Mack Brown era, the Longhorns are defined by massive expectations and underwhelming results.

... snd you know what?  He's goddamned ritght (not that that's a particularly insightful observation, but it's absolutely fucking true.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2018/09/01/texas-losing-maryland-second-time-should-surprise/1176731002/

32 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

As a michigan fan I wish I could tell you it got better but it doesnt. You just fall further into the suck! Go Blue Fire Harbaugh 

I laughed loud when I read this, because i thought about Juicy and all his bullshit on JimmyBoy.  Whatever happened to him?  As a Michigan alum I think you're right... it might never get batter.  The funny thing is that Michigan and Texas are #'s 1 and 2 all time in CFB wins and can't fucking break .500 without a massive sweat now.

12 hours ago, Dixie Normous said:

There’s been a cultural shift. I’m not just pulling it out of my ass. My dad went in the late 70’s, brother went in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and I graduated last year. I don’t want my sisters going to a school that’s not supportive of their upbringing and cultural values. The place went soft and everyone walks around like they hung the moon from the day they arrive on campus. The only hard workers come from backgrounds where they couldn’t care less about athletics. The support from current students is not there and that will have exponentially greater effects in the coming years. We’ve turned into Michigan. The “we’re Texas” mentality is horse shit and does the university no favors.

We’re not developing football players because most of them show up without the required work ethic to be elite. They got their UT scholarship and they live it up in Austin. Those guys in Norman aren’t having that problem.

You sound like an Aggie. 

• Like 1

I am ashamed someone as braindead as you went to my school. Surely you couldn't have graduated though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I went there from 2009 until 2014 and I have no idea what you are talking about. I worked my ass off. Wait...you are not talking about the school here...
You are making academic decisions based on the football team? That is insane.
Seriously with that "not the cultural values of my family" crap thought he meant UT is too liberal or something until I realized he meant our football team is lazy therefore our math department is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Why the fuck are we trying to run Buechele's offense with Ehlinger?

Why did we try to go vanilla YET AGAIN on a team that FUCKIN BEAT US BEFORE doing this fuckin shit

Tom is holding back the super secret good plays until the toilet bowl game.   That’s the Mensa level thinking that Joe Fan can’t understand.

14 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

We do suck. We don’t need to be sore losers but it’s obvious we are still the same team we’ve watched for the last seven seasons 

We arent the same team. We are worse than last year. Sure, we might win this game if we still had Dickson, or if we kept playing Ingram, or gave Buechele some snaps, but that wouldnt even make us mediocre. A Maryland shouldn't be within 3 TDs of Texas. 

One positive is that the D was stout when needed at the end. They gave the ball right back to Sam 3 times and the O turned it over every time. 2 of them on complete shit passes. Ehlinger ain't the answer. Even on his completions, he overthrew and threw behind receivers.

Are people really going to colleges based on football teams ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OU broke enrollment records after their 2000 MNC. To this day the worst of their fan base will ask OSU grads why they couldn’t get into OU (admission standards are almost the same, neither has large rejection rate). They truly don’t understand why anyone would go to a school with a weaker football team and seem to think football=educational prestige.

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

OU broke enrollment records after their 2000 MNC. To this day the worst of their fan base will ask OSU grads why they couldn’t get into OU (admission standards are almost the same, neither has large rejection rate). They truly don’t understand why anyone would go to a school with a weaker football team and seem to think football=educational prestige.

No no no. That's not their reasoning at all. What they absolutely cannot understand is why someone would want to go to little ol Stillwater, with much fewer family members around, when they could be in the OKC metro area with many more of their family to fuck.

13 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

My kids are in seventh grade. They were born 3 weeks after Vince Young walked into the end zone on 4th down.  

To them it’s really weird that I drive to Austin six times, waste half a day of fair time,  and spend a shit ton of money each year on a team that goes just above or just below .500.  

It’s all they have ever seen. 

My daughter was born 9 months after that game.  She turns 11 very soon.  Same thing for her, she thinks of Texas as a Swimming and Volleyball school.  She's swam at the Texas Swim center and has seen all the banners and Olympic medalists. At least soccer was in the playoffs last year too.  

Edited by TexasEd

13 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Besides I don't think Maryland has some sort dramatically different political culture on campus that enabled them to win.

Maryland is also in a large overpriced liberal city with a lot of hipster crap to do.  Campus culture has nothing to do with it.  Coaching culture may have something to do with it though.  MD came to play.  We didn't.  Our team rarely plays with any fire, and with the exception of a few games, they've played soft since the end of Mack's tenure.  Now that we are on coach number 3 and AD number 3(maybe?), we need to find out who the common links are between late stage Mack and Herman, and fire or distance all of them from the program. Neither Strong nor Herman were known for soft programs prior to coming to UT, so there has to be something else going on.  Some of it may have to do with big donors like McCombs that screw around in operations too much.

6 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

We arent the same team. We are worse than last year. Sure, we might win this game if we still had Dickson, or if we kept playing Ingram, or gave Buechele some snaps, but that wouldnt even make us mediocre. A Maryland shouldn't be within 3 TDs of Texas. 

One positive is that the D was stout when needed at the end. They gave the ball right back to Sam 3 times and the O turned it over every time. 2 of them on complete shit passes. Ehlinger ain't the answer. Even on his completions, he overthrew and threw behind receivers.

he almost completely blew the first TD. it was a great catch by duvernay.  the one throw to CJ was great but he's not accurate, especially throwing to receivers on the move.

Edited by dcar00

22 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Fuck this team.

I understand the typical reactionary "Fire all the coaches" threads, but threads like this one really take the cake.  Fuck this team?  Fuck you dude.  You can fuck right off and go buy a fucking Alabama jersey you disloyal fair-weather faggot.

Edited by TriStone
OP licks cocks by choice
  • Fuck You 1

I was left with the impression that Texas is just sort of okay.  The game looked like two .500-ish teams clawing it out (which is what I suspect it will be at season's end).  I know we've supposedly had pretty good to great recruiting most years recently... but honestly not sure I see that.  On offense, who is the guy that defenses go "oh shit we can't let HIM get loose?"  Duvernay?  Humphrey?  Anybody?  Our WRs have size but honestly look slow to me; at least they play slow.  Running back may have some promise, though if Beck continues to cycle through 4 of them a game, and if ANY of them are Kyle Porter, the ceiling is not that high.  I don't think we have a real play-making QB.  The defense has some new faces and I expected them to struggle at the outset some--though all the penalties are really concerning; that is something about Herman's regime (and Charlie's before him) that I did not expect.

In short, I forget exactly how DKR phrased it but "we're as average as everyday wash."  IMHO, anyway.