usmc0331horn

NFL Fans going goon not going away

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Nothing like a Super Bowl celebratory parade to bring out camaraderie, togetherness, fellowship and all that.   

Football season may be over but thankfully related displays of goonery are not.  

Southies.  Lovely bunch. 

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Wasn't there a full-scale race war during one of the Dallas Cowboy parades?

The 1993 one was that way.  The Dallas Police figured it out after that one.

23 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Nothing like a Super Bowl celebratory parade to bring out camaraderie, togetherness, fellowship and all that.   

Could you imagine how stupid you would feel to have a life-threatening or disabling injury or miss work/lose your job because of a fight at a super bowl parade?

At least you would feel better than if you were hurt fighting other home fans at a Dolphins/Bills/Jets game, but come on.

23 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

why is Odell in boston fighting these kids?

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

DescriptionBookmark this section

Video footage from the KXAS-TV/NBC station in Fort Worth, Texas, to accompany a news story about Cowboys fan Daniel Yoder who accidentally caught fire in Texas Stadium during a game where the team went on to defeat the Minnesota Vikings to move on to Super Bowl XII. The story aired at 5:30 P.M.

Physical DescriptionBookmark this section

1 videocassette (Umatic) (46 sec.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.

Creation InformationBookmark this section

KXAS-TV (Television station : Fort Worth, Tex.) January 1, 1978.

ContextBookmark this section

This video is part of the collection entitled: KXAS-NBC 5 News Collection and was provided by UNT Libraries Special Collections to Digital Library, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 186 times , with 15 in the last month . More information about this video can be viewed below.

Vol. 6, No. 4 - ‎Magazine
It was no laughing matter when Dallas ad-man Daniel Yoder's snowman suit ... its plaque read "Commissioned by Daniel P. Yoder 'Fan Him Out' Club " and bore ...

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was at that game, and it was so cold I thought about lighting myself on fire.  People were throwing blankets towards him for people to put him out.  This happened across the stadium from me and all of a sudden there was this big flame, I had no idea it was a person at the time.  

A side note, on the way home freezing rain began to fall.  The DFW area had a monster ice storm.  The next day Houston and Notre Dame played in the Cotton Bowl, and the rest is history.

In these dog days of offseason, might I interest you gentlemen in some offerings from the NHL?

On 6/6/2019 at 10:28 PM, TexasMan said:

In these dog days of offseason, might I interest you gentlemen in some offerings from the NHL?

Any douche / man over 30 years of age wearing a jersey deserves to be rubbed out, sooner rather than later. 

38 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

always helps to have the high ground 

Obi Wan had the high ground.

My Father and I were at that 77 playoff game and it was so cold that we had drank the thermos of hot chocolate prior to KO.

We were about 6 rows up and 3-4 seats over from the “Snowman” that got caught on fire.
As a young guy, I’d noticed him earlier, but took it as a weird fan. It was his bootleg-alcohol that he’d spilled upon himself that was the cause, then lighting a cigarette did him in!

When I got home, I’d asked my mom if they mentioned the snowman on fire, because we saw it all! All she mentioned was they talked about a commotion in the end zone stands - which was where we were!

4 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Cop just tells everyone to "get out." lol.  I guess you can't arrest everyone.

Too much effort to arrest about 15 people.