Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

On 5/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I knew this would be the reaction the moment I saw the Spanish challenge.  Beto is going to get the Spanish speaking vote anyway.  All he is doing by the challenge is alienating the super racists.  

It isn't a big blue tent unless you have room for super racists. 

And Guapo.

On 5/2/2018 at 7:43 AM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Cruz is a debate champion. 

The substance of the debate won't matter. Cruz will still look like an asshole and Beto will still come of as a guy the guys would want to have a beer with, and the women would want to fuck after having a beer with him.

2 hours ago, RayDog said:

The substance of the debate won't matter. Cruz will still look like an asshole and Beto will still come of as a guy the guys would want to have a beer with, and the women would want to fuck after having a beer with him.

There are going to be moderate Republicans who vote for Beto because Ted Cruz is an unlikeable asshole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

There are going to be moderate Republicans who vote for Beto because Ted Cruz is an unlikeable asshole.

And the vast majority of independents  including the 3% who voted for Johnson in 2016.

O'Rourke's floor is 47% based on the 2016 presidential  vote before factoring in that Beto is far more likable than Hillary and Cruz won't have the support Trump had in 2016.

Beto has a shot because even though many Texans don't like the dems pretty much everyone personally likes Beto, and also because even though many Texans like the repubs, not a single person on the planet likes Ted  Cruz, including his parents, kids, trumpkins, Trump haters, millennials, Generation X, ghosts, cat owners, ventriloquists, truthers, birthers and people from Mexia. 

• Like 3

Going to have to get a better than average turnout for Beto to win. I'm afraid the hardcore Tea Party/R or Die redneck votes might just outnumber the common sense vote if it's a normal turnout.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

Going to have to get a better than average turnout for Beto to win. I'm afraid the hardcore Tea Party/R or Die redneck votes might just outnumber the common sense vote if it's a normal turnout.

Dems are running +8% nationally at the moment. If that happens in Texas it will be more than enough to put Beto over the top.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:43 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

in academic debates.  Not in political debates.  He's a condescending, unlikable prick with the world's most punchable face.

Trump's a total retard and he had cruz for lunch at the debates.  

Cruz is unlikable as fuck, has flop sweat fits and eats boogers while ranting. Beto comes across as a decent guy with high ambitions. If he has any debate skills at all he will crush Cruz even if he doesn't win on points. Think Kennedy/Nixon. 

I've always leaned pretty left, but have only voted in the last two presidential election cycles. Can't wait to make this my first mid-term! Thank you Cruz and Trump, you have motivated a lazy millenial in myself to not only participate in the electoral process, but to also venture into the cloak room and pay pretty close attention to current events. 

Good on you bro! And don’t let this fade. The last 20 or so years there have been a shocking number of races decided by razor thin margins. Our votes really do matter.
  • Like 1

Went to Gainesville for Mother's Day and saw a lot of Beto signs in yards.  Gainesville/Cooke County is very, very red and Christian Conservative, so just seeing 1 sign was crazy.

Probably means nothing, but for him to have supporters there is interesting. 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:22 PM, RayDog said:

Dems are running +8% nationally at the moment. If that happens in Texas it will be more than enough to put Beto over the top.

Not sure what poll that is, but there seems to be a pretty big gap in Texas between the feelings of:

A)  adults of voting age, and

B)  likely voters  -- especially likely ***midterm*** voters

If turnout is embarrassingly low, as it usually is in a Texas mid-term, Beto has little or no chance.  

Edited by Paul Wesley

On 5/1/2018 at 6:43 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. 

We've been hearing about this high-IQ, constitution-loving, oratory genius for the past decade.  But in 2016, Cruz couldn't separate himself intellectually when put on a stage with mental featherweights like Trump, Perry, aww-shucks idiot Huckabee, and mumbling Ben Carson.  

I can't recall a single point that Cruz scored based on intelligent reasoning, and he delivered his self-righteous blather with a big spitball glistening on his lower lip.  He later showed us how "principled" he was by staffing Trump's phone banks after Trump insulted Cruz's wife on numerous occasions and also accused his father of participating in a plot to kill an American president.  

It kind of pisses me off when I still hear people talk about Cruz being  either a debate champion or a principled conservative.  He is neither. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It is hard to do well in a political debate when you have no discernible values or beliefs.  The only thing Ted Cruz cares about is Ted Cruz getting more power.

And machine gun bacon. Every mornin', ole Ted is out at the range getting breakfast ready for his family like a goddamn Texan should. That fucking pussy Beto probably fixes bacon in the kitchen like Hillary.

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Ladies and gay mafia,

Is Beto really that good looking?

Let's just say I'm 100% sure that Beto's DNA test would come back as human.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

With Cambridge Analytica under serious investigation I wonder when Cruz will be implicated and how badly. At a minimum he employed foreign workers in key decision making rolls in his presidential campaign in violation of law.

12 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

What is so fucked up about Ted Cruz’s face? I haven’t been able to identify it yet. Is it his nose? It’s too narrow and long? Or his lips look weird? What is it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. Nose, ears, weak chin and a goiter. He's a total package. 

Edited by Pods
  • Like 1