Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

1 hour ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Patriot for sure. I could watch 10 seasons of that I bet. 

Anybody watched Widow? Didn't get great reviews, but I don't need great to enjoy a show like that, so I figure it's worth a shot. 

Widow wasn’t bad. It’s not on the list of top original programming, but it kept my interest.

Free Meek is well done, fascinating story. Actually the story may be too bizarre to really drive home any deep message about the criminal justice system as a whole. But they keep it suspenseful, and I usually hate re-enactments but in this show they are just little snippets that help tell the story.

Just watched The Giant Killer about the smallest guy ever let in the military a 4’9 guy that was a platoon leader and tunnel rat in Vietnam  turned homeless guy in Miami and his tragic end.   Really interesting,  pay attention to when they find his passport in his storage locker??  Good documentary for sure.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

4th and Loud....  a documentary about the LA Kiss arena team (ala hard knocks arena league) owned by Gene Simmons  and Paul Stanley and partners.  You have never seen two people who know less about football own a team in your life....   This shit is good for the lol’s for sure.   Brett Bouchey the other partner and managing partner knows nothing about football but is calling for peoples heads every week.  I know it’s a few years old but this shit show is entertaining cause everyone running the show knows nothing about football..   They have Gene and Paul meeting with the underachieving kicker giving him advice on not cheating with a dancer that he is, it’s so comical, it’s funny as hell. 

Edited by Hook1997

On 8/10/2019 at 10:30 PM, Neonmoon said:

Scariest movie I ever saw. 

concur entirely.  I just spent a few minutes reading about the movie and seeing the phrase liberatis tutemet ex infera literally sent chills up my spine.  I love the whole premise of the movie, the construction of the gravity drive, and the sheer friggin terror of the whole affair.  And to have pulled it all off in that twilight period between advanced special effects and full-blown CGI meltdown--standing ovation, slow clap, 100% in for this series if it gets made

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first two episodes of Carnival Row. It really hasn't picked up any steam yet. Maybe it will. I like the premise, but I hope the story doesn't get lost in the message they are trying to send. It has excellent visuals and all that, but I'm not sure it has the story to bring it all together. I'll probably finish the first season, though because I like the premise. It kinda gives me a feeling like Hell on Wheels did where it takes a bit to generate that momentum.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Watched the first two episodes of Carnival Row. It really hasn't picked up any steam yet. Maybe it will. I like the premise, but I hope the story doesn't get lost in the message they are trying to send. It has excellent visuals and all that, but I'm not sure it has the story to bring it all together. I'll probably finish the first season, though because I like the premise. It kinda gives me a feeling like Hell on Wheels did where it takes a bit to generate that momentum.

This is where I am after 3 episodes. I have liked it, but it’s not one of the series where I have to keep watching the next episode and the next episode until I end up finished after a day or two.

22 hours ago, Brew said:

This is where I am after 3 episodes. I have liked it, but it’s not one of the series where I have to keep watching the next episode and the next episode until I end up finished after a day or two.

Yeah agree. I'll watch the second season, but I really think they could have made this a must watch. It's alright, but could have been really good. 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, Brew said:

Liking it, but not loving it.  I'll finish it when it occurs to me to watch it.  Not compelled enough to binge.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, Bama Chick said:

Just watched the new show “Carnival Row”.

Really enjoyed it. It’s already renewed for a season two. It looks like a massive production so hopefully it won’t take too long before it comes back.

We got to see Vignette's boobs last night in episode 3.....which was nice.

Wife and I weren't too big of fans of Fleabag Season 1.  It was fine, but not for us.  I heard great things about Season 2, but was skeptical based on Season 1. 

Really glad we gave it a shot.  What a phenomenal season of television.  So well written and acted.  Highly recommend, even if Season 1 didn't work for you either.  

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Really good. I've always wanted to buy some land in the country and I think this may have convinced the wife.

I'd like to see it for the great transformation of the land. But a lot of reviews raise a fair point that the absence of any discussion of budgets and expenses makes it seem a bit contrived and privileged.  

Late Night. I'm not a Mindy Kaling fan but she was great alongside Emma Thompson. Excellent casting with John Lithgow, Reid Scott (Dan from Veep), Amy Ryan and Max Casella. Plenty of cameos, too. Highly recommend, much better than I expected.

6 hours ago, Zombie said:

I'd like to see it for the great transformation of the land. But a lot of reviews raise a fair point that the absence of any discussion of budgets and expenses makes it seem a bit contrived and privileged.  

I wouldn't disagree.  There is one mention of money about 20 mins in and that's it.

They tackle plenty of hardship issues with regard to setting up their ecosystem* but never touch on the financial aspect. 

*And that's really what it is.  They restored the ecosystem on 200 acres.  That's the part i enjoyed the most. Figuring out how to bring life back and then how to work with it

The cinematography is wonderful.

8 hours ago, Stringer said:

Wife and I weren't too big of fans of Fleabag Season 1.  It was fine, but not for us.  I heard great things about Season 2, but was skeptical based on Season 1. 

Really glad we gave it a shot.  What a phenomenal season of television.  So well written and acted.  Highly recommend, even if Season 1 didn't work for you either.  

It was really fantastic.  We were the same as you but now I'm excited for S3

12 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Oh so everything someone does has to be able to be replicated by the poors?

I said the reviews made a fair point about no discussion of the costs involved. You respond that I said "everything...has to be replicated by the poors". Did you go to Texas?