Jump to content
Viper

ShaggyTexas Handover

Recommended Posts

On 11/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, mdmost said:

Why would he ban you? You're 2 times the content the place has had lately. 

Looks like he finally got the power turned back on in the trailer:

You have been banned for the following reason:
cocksucker delight

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

 

I feel complete now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UT message boards have an interesting history. From Hornsfans losing out on millions, shaggybevo being forced to drop Bevo, to the court case that flipped shaggtexas to a one-person audience. I can’t wait to see what happens with surly. No way this ends well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UT message boards have an interesting history. From Hornsfans losing out on millions, shaggybevo being forced to drop Bevo, to the court case that flipped shaggtexas to a one-person audience. I can’t wait to see what happens with surly. No way this ends well. 

DOOMED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hornfans near-miss with dumb money is probably the definitive moment of Longhorns forum culture. Inside every schismatic post-360-splinter Longhorn internet community is a yearning bitterness. Shaggy (at our peak, anyway) was simply the heart of darkness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hornfans near-miss with dumb money is probably the definitive moment of Longhorns forum culture. Inside every schismatic post-360-splinter Longhorn internet community is a yearning bitterness. Shaggy (at our peak, anyway) was simply the heart of darkness.

any chance you can flesh the story out a little?  hornfans was before my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hornfans near-miss with dumb money is probably the definitive moment of Longhorns forum culture. Inside every schismatic post-360-splinter Longhorn internet community is a yearning bitterness. Shaggy (at our peak, anyway) was simply the heart of darkness.

I'd like to think peak shaggy was the first couple years when it was only made up of the worst scum and villainy to leave/be banned from hornfans. We had a lot of venting to do, there were some insane happy hours, tailgate parties, BBQ cook offs, etc. I met most of the posters I am still friends with to this day during that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 7:51 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

UT message boards have an interesting history. From Hornsfans losing out on millions, shaggybevo being forced to drop Bevo, to the court case that flipped shaggtexas to a one-person audience. I can’t wait to see what happens with surly. No way this ends well. 

Don’t forget Longhornfanzone starring Bob Wheeler.....

Does anyone remember big12.net?  It was big around 1999 and they had a forum for every team.  It was a lot of fun to talk shit to fans from every team.

Edited by Horn Dogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Don’t forget Longhornfanzone starring Bob Wheeler.....

Does anyone remember big12.net?  It was big around 1999 and they had a forum for every team.  It was a lot of fun to talk shit to fans from every team.

What happened to Bob? Retire from the immense profits from his book and embezzled $ from the bus?  I actually hung with the guy a few times at his tailgate.  He wasn't a bad guy to hang with. 

LOL the book is still on Amazon but the comments are the best part. 

Forged of a Hotter Fire: Lessons from Life and Little League https://www.amazon.com/dp/0595290779/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nhj6DbSZST03M

Edited by tjhooker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

What happened to Bob? Retire from the immense profits from his book and embezzled $ from the bus?  I actually hung with the guy a few times at his tailgate.  He wasn't a bad guy to hang with. 

I don’t know what happened to him.  Apparently he resurfaced on the Shag for a little bit, but I couldn’t figure out which poster he was. His tailgates kicked ass.  I was a broke college student and he let us jump in and drink a lot of his beer.  One time after we whipped aggys ass in 2001, Cory Redding’s and Sloan Thomas’s parents showed up at the tailgate for some post-game beers.  I was pretty hammered and I was telling Sloan Thomas’s Mom how much ass he kicked in the 3rd quarter.  She said “why don’t you tell him that, he just showed up.”  Sure enough Sloan was walking up to the LFZ tailgate so I got to thank him for being a badass and sticking it to aggy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

I don’t know what happened to him.  Apparently he resurfaced on the Shag for a little bit, but I couldn’t figure out which poster he was. His tailgates kicked ass.  I was a broke college student and he let us jump in and drink a lot of his beer.  One time after we whipped aggys ass in 2001, Cory Redding’s and Sloan Thomas’s parents showed up at the tailgate for some post-game beers.  I was pretty hammered and I was telling Sloan Thomas’s Mom how much ass he kicked in the 3rd quarter.  She said “why don’t you tell him that, he just showed up.”  Sure enough Sloan was walking up to the LFZ tailgate so I got to thank him for being a badass and sticking it to aggy.  

We definitely probably have met.  I either was at his tailgate or at mine right next to it in that lot on trinity and mlk which is long gone now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tjhooker said:

LOL the book is still on Amazon but the comments are the best part. 

Forged of a Hotter Fire: Lessons from Life and Little League https://www.amazon.com/dp/0595290779/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nhj6DbSZST03M

Thank you soooo much for this. I needed a laugh today.

My favorite comment so far:

December 18, 2014

 
This book is a terrible, shameless masturbatory act of the most heinous kind of self-aggrandizement. If you read this book you will catch a disease. I think. I have not read this book. I award it no stars. I actually think somebody owes me financial compensation for having seen the cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tjhooker said:

We definitely probably have met.  I either was at his tailgate or at mine right next to it in that lot on trinity and mlk which is long gone now. 

We probably did.  Those were the days!  That was back when he was driving that white F350 and running around with Blondie. (He’s probably still driving that damn old truck)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

We probably did.  Those were the days!  That was back when he was driving that white F350 and running around with Blondie. (He’s probably still driving that damn old truck)

It was a big truck.  had some dents but sweet ranch truck.  he'd leave that dog tied up to it during the game.  it was a nice spot to tailgate.  didn't need portapottys.  just used the creek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

It was a big truck.  had some dents but sweet ranch truck.  he'd leave that dog tied up to it during the game.  it was a nice spot to tailgate.  didn't need portapottys.  just used the creek.

Ha ha, yeah, I helped keep that creek flowing several times.  We’re you at that spring game tailgate where Bob and a few of the other guys walked over to the UT Women’s tennis match and got kicked out for being drunk and loud?  That was some funny shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Ha ha, yeah, I helped keep that creek flowing several times.  We’re you at that spring game tailgate where Bob and a few of the other guys walked over to the UT Women’s tennis match and got kicked out for being drunk and loud?  That was some funny shit.

Maybe...  I couldn't believe they had tennis matches during games.  I also may have had connections to the tennis program.  It's all a hazy mystery.  It was Bob and 1 of my buddies that were causing issues there.  It was funny as hell.  They deserve drunk fans there because no one shows up.  They should've been honored!

Edited by tjhooker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 11:27 PM, tjhooker said:

yep, may have involved a girl I was seriously dating at the time.

Pics?

Edited by Horn Dogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Anyone been over to the Shag lately?

 

WHO'S ASKING?  YOU SOME KIND OF MOLE OR SOMETHING?!?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Anyone been over to the Shag lately?


Holy crap, this is awesome.  I forgot that the Shag had become ShaggyTexas after it was ShaggyBevo, so I typed Shaggybevo in my browser. You're never going to guess what came up.  An Indonesian job-seeking site.  Looks like CDC might want to get the lawyers because these guys are BLATANTLY using the University of Texas' by God Holy ordained mascot to troll for job seekers.  To wit:

 

Quote

Mencari pekerjaan bukanlah hal yang mudah. Anda pun juga harus kuat mental selama mencarinya dan mempersiapkan diri untuk ditolak di mana pun Anda melamar pekerjaannya. Anda yang mencari pekerjaan di Semarang, sama halnya Anda tidak boleh putus semangat. Anda dapat menggunakan media lainnya untuk mencari informasi lowongan kerja Semarang yang Anda minati.

Loker Semarang

Baik secara online mau pun offline, tentunya perusahaan-perusahaan Semarang membuka kesempatan untuk Anda yang ingin bekerja di sana. Namun, tinggal bagaimana Anda dapat memperoleh informasi lowongan kerja di Kota Lumpia tersebut. Lalu, cara apa saja yang dapat Anda lakukan untuk mendapatkan berbagai informasi lowongan kerja di kota tersebut?


My Indonesian is a bit rusty, but I believe that translates into:

"Finding a job is not easy. You also have to be mentally strong while looking for it and prepare to be rejected wherever you apply for a job. You are looking for a job in Semarang, just as you should not be discouraged. You can use other media to find information on Semarang job vacancies that interest you.

Semarang Locker

Both online and offline, of course Semarang companies open opportunities for those of you who want to work there. However, just how you can get job information in the City of Lumpia. Then, what ways can you do to get a variety of job vacancy information in the city?"




https://www.shaggybevo.com/





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s zero doubt he’s a Qtard. He can’t tie his own shoes yet thinks he’s on a team of govt lead Internet warriors that’s going to save the world from the people that laugh at him daily for being so gullible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, futureman said:

any chance you can flesh the story out a little?  hornfans was before my time.

This is to the best of my knowledge, that shit was a long time ago, in a galaxy far  away:

The early 2000s was when anything on the internet was booming, ad revenue was good, websites were being sold for millions and billions. (Mark Cuban style).  Hornfans had two owners and eventually they got sick of each other and the Agnors(?) Bought out the other dude (was that wheeler?) for a large amount that I don't know.  I have no idea if there were ever any outside offers to buy the site, or how much they turned down over the years, but now it's pretty much worthless because any guy with GoDaddy account has their blessing to start their own message board. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



, but now it's pretty much worthless because any guy with GoDaddy account has their blessing to start their own message board.


I was on HF as well, started around 00 or 01.

One of those "maybe I shouldn't have done that moments" for them.

And futureman, that place was over-moderated just like texags is now.

I got a week timeout for offering somebody less than what they were asking for rose bowl tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I discovered the Shag around '10 I think. Really don't remember. The old board I hung out on tuned into CR on it's worst day. Did a search for a Texas message board and Google said check out these guys. Never looked back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RPM said:

I discovered the Shag around '10 I think. Really don't remember. The old board I hung out on tuned into CR on it's worst day. Did a search for a Texas message board and Google said check out these guys. Never looked back.

I think I ended up on Shag when Mack went through his first round of major coaching changes. Portapotty Girl and Craps MILF sealed the deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is somewhat astounding how dead TOS is.  I mean, I knew it would be, but I thought there would be a handful, like at HF, that stuck around out of ignorance if nothing else.

Of course, HF offered a less surly/shaggy user experience, so there's that.  TOS is probably more full of vitriol now than it ever was when we were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

I was on HF as well, started around 00 or 01.

 

One of those "maybe I shouldn't have done that moments" for them.

 

And futureman, that place was over-moderated just like texags is now.

 

I got a week timeout for offering somebody less than what they were asking for rose bowl tickets.

 

 

God damn I lost count of the times I was temp banned for arguing with dipshits like Chrisapplewhite and old 360 assholes like EyesofTx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think I ended up on Shag when Mack went through his first round of major coaching changes. Portapotty Girl and Craps MILF sealed the deal. 

I’ll say the very BEST thing about the Shag and Bob is that the fucking Katywhale never thought it would happen.

 

“Feel free to start your own site”

 

Ok, fatty.

 

 

The second best thing about the Shag is that Belmont hated it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to frequent a different type of forum often on Tapa that was related to my job at the time. I was looking for something that was Tapa friendly for Longhorn sports. This was the first choice so I joined. Hung low for a month or so to avoid the crowdsource bans that often come when new members get too cocky too fast. Now I rarely go back to my old haunts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...