Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

From George Washington’s first in 1789 to President Trump’s in 2018, Thanksgiving proclamations have been declared by U.S. presidents 164 times. They’ve been proclaimed during times of want as well as times of plenty, during financial crisis as well as economic prosperity, and in times of both war, peace, malaise, and hope. Yet by 2017, this tradition was at risk of disregarding its original purpose — until reclaimed by President Trump.

Presidential Thanksgiving proclamations have always kept God at the center. A change occurred, however, with the first Thanksgiving proclamation from Barack Obama in 2009 — “God” was only mentioned once while quoting Washington. From 2010 to 2015, God received only a few passing references. Obama stressed the cultural contributions of Native Americans, typically concluding by asking Americans to be thankful, not to God, but to each other.

In Obama’s Thanksgiving proclamation in 2016, God was absent entirely. Obama’s changes went against the sentiment of almost all Thanksgiving proclamations that had come before him.

opinion 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-restored-references-to-god-in-presidential-thanksgiving-proclamations-after-obama-abandoned-them

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

From George Washington’s first in 1789 to President Trump’s in 2018, Thanksgiving proclamations have been declared by U.S. presidents 164 times. They’ve been proclaimed during times of want as well as times of plenty, during financial crisis as well as economic prosperity, and in times of both war, peace, malaise, and hope. Yet by 2017, this tradition was at risk of disregarding its original purpose — until reclaimed by President Trump.

Presidential Thanksgiving proclamations have always kept God at the center. A change occurred, however, with the first Thanksgiving proclamation from Barack Obama in 2009 — “God” was only mentioned once while quoting Washington. From 2010 to 2015, God received only a few passing references. Obama stressed the cultural contributions of Native Americans, typically concluding by asking Americans to be thankful, not to God, but to each other.

In Obama’s Thanksgiving proclamation in 2016, God was absent entirely. Obama’s changes went against the sentiment of almost all Thanksgiving proclamations that had come before him.

opinion 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-restored-references-to-god-in-presidential-thanksgiving-proclamations-after-obama-abandoned-them

Do you really care about this? Like REALLY care? I'm sure someone does. I bet they can't they explain to me why I should.

50 minutes ago, zork said:

Good.  God has no place in the federal government.  He absolutely belongs in folk’s private lives as they sit fit but the United States government should not have any religious affiliation.  Period.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, zork said:

Good.  God has no place in the federal government.  He absolutely belongs in folk’s private lives as they sit fit but the United States government should not have any religious affiliation.  Period.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

The evangelicals are a perfect reason why religion needs to stay out of government. They are fucking idiots that represent the worst of religion 

• Like 6

Trump is the most Godless President in my lifetime. Just because you hang with people like Falwell and mention things like thank goodness we can finally say Merry Christmas again, doesn’t make you a man of God. Your actions and how you treat people, your giving of charity and your words of kindness show what kind of person you are. 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

2 hours ago, Mapache said:

The evangelicals are a perfect reason why religion needs to stay out of government. They are fucking idiots that represent the worst of religion 

quote-religious-factions-will-go-on-impo

db25150a8b6026e9beb4ee986c1c0ccf.jpg

• Like 7

Back to Donald Trump we go. As many of you probably know by now, the President made an unannounced visit to Afghanistan on Thanksgiving Day where he greeted the troops, gave a speech with the President of Afghanistan, Ashraf Ghani; and had a little meal, where he did not get to partake of the turkey.

And you'll be hearing about that in the coming days and weeks. I've just come from serving Thanksgiving dinner to some of you -- I recognize already, some of you in the audience. And -- with General Milley and the folks. And we had a good time. I then got down -- I sat down. I had a gorgeous piece of turkey. And I was all set to go, and I had some of the mashed potatoes and I had a bite of mashed potatoes. And I never got to the turkey, because General Milley said, "Come on over, sir. Let's take some pictures." I never got to my turkey. It's the first time in Thanksgiving that I've never had anything called turkey. But that's okay. But it looked awfully good, I have to tell you that. I should have started with that, instead of the mashed potatoes. I made a mistake. But I hope everyone enjoyed the fantastic meal. It certainly did look good. And hopefully everyone can get some well-deserved rest this holiday.

If the military made their mashed potatoes like I do with two sticks of butter and a cup of cream (but alas they don't) then there would be no need for the speech because he would have had an artery blockage. They missed their chance. Sad.

Just like the ammo that was shorted, the President is sure to mention how the military had no planes, trains and automobiles. But they are going to get some super secret submarines. Wait? Was that supposed to be a secret? Oops!

You are indeed that. You know, when I took office -- if you can believe it, almost three years ago -- we were very depleted. Our military was depleted, in terms of equipment. You see, right? They were all shaking their heads. That's right. We have all those brand-new planes and brand-new helicopters and brand-new ships being built now. Brand-new, incredible submarines. Probably the most powerful submarines -- probably the most powerful weapon in the world, is what we're building, in the form of submarines. Nobody's -- nothing is even close. But we have things that nobody has seen, nobody has heard about. And we'll keep it that way. But we've spent $2.5 trillion -- very close to that number.

And in the middle of his speech, Trump has issues a challenge in a situation where he knows the answer ahead of time, but talk about singling out anyone who would protest/outlier among the crowd. Innocent statement, but coming from Trump, I swear, my brain substitutes "anybody here disagree with supporting my base in the great civil war when the coup by the godless liberal human scum happens?" ) Only halfway joking here.

This evening, I also want to express the profound and heartfelt gratitude of the entire American nation for our amazing military families, because they really do make you what you are, when you think of it. Anybody here disagree with that?

Raise your hand, please. Nobody has the courage to raise your hand. You have a lot of courage, but not that kind of courage, right? No, but it's true. The families -- they make you great. The extraordinary commitment and the sacrifice of your loved ones make it possible for all of our families to live in safety and to live in peace.

He also singles out General Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Poor Milley. His affliction is that he is smart and an 'academic.' Must be terrible to suffer so.

He's a tough cookie and he's smart." You know, he went to Princeton. I said, "I don't know. I didn't know he was an academic." And he went to Columbia. I'm not sure: Was that a good thing or a bad? I don't know. Did I like it or not? I was, sort of -- but that's pretty good. That means he's an academic.

That means he's a smart cookie. And he is a smart -- and he's a tough one. General Mark Milley. Thank you, General. He's an academic. I can't believe it. He's a great gentleman. Commander of the Resolute Support and U.S. Forces Afghanistan, General Scotty Miller. He's done an incredible job. Thank you, Scotty.

Ah well, nevertheless. I hope the troops enjoyed his visit.

VVV

"Before writing the Cartel trilogy and establishing residence on the New York Times best-seller list, Don Winslow was a private investigator. He really does have friends in federal law enforcement. He’s a smart guy, and he knows his stuff. Furthermore, that tweet has been up for almost two months, and Lindsey Graham—who is almost certainly aware of it, tagged as he is by a blue-check account—has made no move to have it stricken from the record. Why not? Unlike the bogus-lawsuit-loving Devin Nunes, who is suing a pretend cow, Graham is a good attorney, and thus familiar with the concept of discovery. He also understands that it ain’t libel if it’s the truth."

35 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

VVV

"Before writing the Cartel trilogy and establishing residence on the New York Times best-seller list, Don Winslow was a private investigator. He really does have friends in federal law enforcement. He’s a smart guy, and he knows his stuff. Furthermore, that tweet has been up for almost two months, and Lindsey Graham—who is almost certainly aware of it, tagged as he is by a blue-check account—has made no move to have it stricken from the record. Why not? Unlike the bogus-lawsuit-loving Devin Nunes, who is suing a pretend cow, Graham is a good attorney, and thus familiar with the concept of discovery. He also understands that it ain’t libel if it’s the truth."

Blackmale material on Graham?

• Like 2

SIAP, but this guy....

'Trigger a liberal Thanksgiving': Trump Jr. calls on supporters to videotape table debates

Donald Trump Jr. called on his supporters to send in photos and videos of their “triggered” liberal relatives at the Thanksgiving table.

“Trigger a liberal thanksgiving!” the president’s son wrote. “Have some fun & talk politics at the thanksgiving table. Best pic/vid of something/someone triggered maybe w/ my book, wins a signed copy of Triggered & a MAGA hat… Tag me in [Instagram] pics & I’ll choose by Sunday. Have fun!”

In a separate Instagram post, Donald Trump Jr. seemed to suggest picking fights during Thanksgiving and into the Christmas season, suggesting his supporters bring their girlfriend’s “liberal parents” Trump wine and MAGA Christmas tree ornaments.

However, a poll conducted by Business Insider shows President Trump is the second least desired topic to be discussed at the dinner table, with religion being the least desired and the 2020 Democratic presidential primary coming in third.

Thttps://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/28/donald-trump-jr-calls-trigger-liberal-thanksgiving/opics like personal finances and relationship status were more desirable to talk about.

4 hours ago, triplehorn said:

VVV

Underage boys are about the only threat that moves the needle on the outrage dial these days.

Another corridor of corruption gets some light shed on it.    TIes some things together.

The Swampiest Swamp in the History of Swamps

It turns out that the connections between President Donald Trump and Turkey are even stranger than we thought.

Consider the recent histories of two powerful Washington lobbying groups: Mercury and Ballard.

Brian Ballard is a heavyweight lobbyist who was featured Politico’s Playbook Power list in 2018, dubbed as “The Most Powerful Lobbyist in Trump’s Washington,” for his influence over the administration. He had been a major fundraiser for the Trump campaign and chairman of Trump’s campaign in Florida.

The government of Qatar is one of Ballard’s clients, and so was the government of Turkey until last month. Turkey alone paid roughly $2 million to Ballard’s firm over the last two years. The relationship between Turkey and Ballard ended after Turkey’s state-run bank Halkbank (which at the time had also been Ballard’s client) was indicted in federal court for evading U.S. sanctions against Iran.

The sanctions-evasion scheme had been spearheaded by Reza Zarrab, a Turkey-based gold trader who was born in Iran. Zarrab, of course, was later represented by Rudy Giuliani, the President’s personal attorney.

The connections between Trump, Ballard, and Turkey go beyond Giuliani, though. In January, Brian Ballard hired Pam Bondi to be a member of his lobbying group.

You may remember Bondi because in 2016, she was briefly in the national news. In 2014, as the sitting attorney general in Florida, Bondi’s office had been investigating complaints against “Trump University.” Bondi personally solicited a campaign donation from Donald Trump. He wrote her PAC a check for $25,000. And a few days later—presto!—Bondi’s office announced that they were no longer pursuing the investigation against Trump University.

The entire affair was so corrupt-looking that ethics complaints were filed against Bondi with the Florida Commission on Ethics, the Florida Elections Commission, and the Florida Bar.

Fast forward to January 2019. After joining Ballard Partners, Bondi registered as a foreign agent for Qatar. And just last week, she left her lobbying position to join the White House as a member of Trump’s impeachment defense team.

The other firm of note is Mercury Public Affairs, which is one of the three lobbying firms Paul Manafort used to boost the image of Russia. Two of Mercury’s other clients are the governments of Qatar and Turkey. Mercury’s managing director is Bryan Lanza, who joined Mercury in 2017. Before that, he was an adviser to Trump’s transition team. Before that, he worked for the Trump campaign.

And before that, he worked for Trump’s deputy campaign manager, David Bossie, when they were both at Citizens United SuperPAC.

Lanza is currently also a registered agent for the state-sponsored Turkish American Business Council (TAIK), a party involved in the aforementioned indictment with close with Erdogan. TAIK also has close ties with Jared Kushner, who runs America’s “backdoor” channel to the Turkish government.

“Drain the swamp.” lol

https://thebulwark.com/the-swampiest-swamp-in-the-history-of-swamps/?amp

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Trump : I barely knew the guy !!

You know he’s lying because he opened his mouth and words came out. He does not know how to tell the truth. He lives in a bizarro world of his own making because he’s way over his head and that’s how he stays in control. 

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

trump campaign saying the trump rocky picture wasn’t doctored. Donny jr agreeing. 
sure Jan gif
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-campaign-disputes-picture-president-rocky-doctored-1474789?amp=1

is this world even real ?

They are trolling, and they think it's funny, because the media doesn't know how to respond to such a fucking stupidly blatant lie.

Remember, Donny Jr is the guy who wants everybody to fuck up their holidays and pick fights with relatives, because, and it's just a guess, his holiday dinners with family probably get heated.

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are trolling, and they think it's funny, because the media doesn't know how to respond to such a fucking stupidly blatant lie.

Remember, Donny Jr is the guy who wants everybody to fuck up their holidays and pick fights with relatives, because, and it's just a guess, his holiday dinners with family probably get heated.

They are trolling but I guarantee there is a small percentage of his base that will convince themselves it could be true. That’s how broken these people are. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Before writing the Cartel trilogy and establishing residence on the New York Times best-seller list, Don Winslow was a private investigator. He really does have friends in federal law enforcement. He’s a smart guy, and he knows his stuff. Furthermore, that tweet has been up for almost two months, and Lindsey Graham—who is almost certainly aware of it, tagged as he is by a blue-check account—has made no move to have it stricken from the record. Why not? Unlike the bogus-lawsuit-loving Devin Nunes, who is suing a pretend cow, Graham is a good attorney, and thus familiar with the concept of discovery. He also understands that it ain’t libel if it’s the truth."

This is very very dumb 

• Like 1