Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Is there a betting pool on what time tonight the White House will release some damning document in the misty gloom of a holiday weekend eve?  Maybe 11pm EST which would be 8 out west? Or will they take no chances and release the pee tape or something at 3am EST after everybody has gone to bed?

Also, if Trump could evoke any sympathy at all, the above boxer tweet would be genuinely sad. Depending upon how the next 16 years go, it will be interesting to see if the Imperial Archives declare the image genuine or if history classes in the remaining republic hold it up as further evidence of the would-be dictator's derangement.

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I don’t know what fantasy world you’re living in, there is no center of the party.  It’s dead.  The party orbits around Trump and the maga base.  Full stop.

agreed.  My mistake.  Should have said conservatives.  People different from the enlightened left.

Edited by Iceman

9 hours ago, Goredho said:

I have at different times taken solace in the fact that even Germany after Hitler was able to recover and become a strong western democracy.

But then I remember that it was possible because there was a democratic superpower to help ensure it.

If the US crumbles, we won't be so lucky.

Other countries killed most of their nazis for them though. We're not going to be so lucky. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Other countries killed most of their nazis for them though. We're not going to be so lucky. 

My strategy is to increase the flow of opioids, corn-syrup loaded food, and fast food.  The bulk of the MAGAs will take care of themselves that way.

We should be sympathetic to them.  They make it effectively impossible.  Because the reason their lives suck isn't because they are uneducated, their industries have been plundered and downsized by the billionaire class, or anything like that.  Nope.  It's because a dude named Jorge came here to hang sheetrock, and because Minnesota elected a mooslem to serve in Congress.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My strategy is to increase the flow of opioids, corn-syrup loaded food, and fast food.  The bulk of the MAGAs will take care of themselves that way.

We should be sympathetic to them.  They make it effectively impossible.  Because the reason their lives suck isn't because they are uneducated, their industries have been plundered and downsized by the billionaire class, or anything like that.  Nope.  It's because a dude named Jorge came here to hang sheetrock, and because Minnesota elected a mooslem to serve in Congress.

I'd like to see the voter preference for opioid users.  If it is what I suspect, I'm feeling a little optimistic about the 2020 election again.

70,237 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States in 2017. The age-adjusted rate of overdose deaths increased significantly by 9.6% from 2016 (19.8 per 100,000) to 2017 (21.7 per 100,000). Opioids—mainly synthetic opioids (other than methadone)—are currently the main driver of drug overdose deaths. Opioids were involved in 47,600 overdose deaths in 2017 (67.8% of all drug overdose deaths).

In 2017, the states with the highest rates of death due to drug overdose were West Virginia (57.8 per 100,000), Ohio (46.3 per 100,000), Pennsylvania (44.3 per 100,000), the District of Columbia (44.0 per 100,000), and Kentucky (37.2 per 100,000).1

-- Jonathan Swift, kinda.

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No it isn’t. And you saying so is a demonstration of why “conservative” doesn’t mean anything anymore: you’re* fine with structural debt expansion and shitting on the dignity of the president’s role as head of state, and you think idle threats of armed violence are the same as idle talk about leaving the country.

* and to be clear, I mean you personally. You personally are fine with it and yet you imagine that you are in some way conservative.

-What is the deal here with ascribing thoughts or points here to people that didn’t say them? Y’all are some fucking mind readers. I’m fine with structural debt expansion? Where did i say that? 

All I did earlier was point out that senior Bernie advisor is big MMT proponent. I think the size of the deficit, as is, under Trump, is not healthy for the country. 

-As far as dignity of the position of President, I guess it doesn’t bother me all that much. Trump puts it all out there. Past Presidents pursued terrible policies or behaved in an undignified fashion in private, but put on good face in public. If that makes people feel better, great.  

-I think the “You won’t take our guns” meathead posting is a harder form of virtue signaling, much like Susan Sarandon threatening for the 7th time to leave the country. Maybe I’m wrong. We’ll have to follow up with Aubrey Huff, retired baseball player in 2025 after AOC is inaugurated to find out.

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Rocky 8.  The one where he is scared to fight Drago and instead plays golf and joins the Klan.  

Someone needs to photoshop a picture of Trump's head atop Rocky's body when he's getting the shit kicked out of him by Ivan Drago. Maybe put Putin’s head on Drago if it's too subtle for the Deplorables otherwise. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 9:00 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Plenty of them may not remember their childhoods at this point.

I'm thinking they remember their childhoods better than yesterday.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:03 AM, David Dennison said:

Which proves just how stupid the United States Constitution is when it comes to selecting the president.

So that means Trump and his enablers are right in not adhering to the Constitution...except when it works for them, re: 2nd Amendment, EC? 

17 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Future president Robert Redford

He's too old obviously to patch together a coherent thought. 

13 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I saw bits of that game at work. Good Lord what a fiasco.

Brisket people give you a bunch of mess for more/less having a Jeremiah from the OT view of things. I think you are spot-on because you recognize the mindset of the populace in our country.

It is sad that we have embraced demonizing minorities. The Mexicans and other brownskins are the Jews for those hell-bent on hatred. Hell Dotard is laying the groundwork to hate Jews in this country as well. Anyone who thinks this is a joke really needs a foot in their backside. This is not good and even if good ultimately fails you need to at least stand up and let your voice be heard.

This has been going on here for quite a while:

41apOdqxRfL._SY442_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

csb:  An elderly neighbor gifted me a large book collection back in the 70s.  One of these was in the collection.  Just found out it's worth $450.  Glad I didn't throw it out. 

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Love Manhattan.  And any of you who worry too much need to look at what the country’s metro areas look like.  There’s definitely hope, brothers.  

Rural deplorables will absolutely not win this fight.  And of course there’s good people on both sides (in this case), but we all know where the majority of Dotard’s trashy base hails from.  Fuck them and their shithole towns.  

They made their own nests shitholes by running to the new walmart and bypassing the stores of their neighbors, who were by the way paying for the tax subsidy their little town gave Walmart.   And they kept voting for Rs who gave them lip service but had no intention of supporting them vs the large corporations that were pulling their livelihoods away from them and shipping them overseas.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

It is not limited to this state. Guns are easier to buy a sense of power while being disenfranchised from society. It’s cheaper than paying them more if you are the elite and it takes the focus off the real problems of expanding inequality.

Let’s take that scenario where there are 10 gold coins on the table, a banker, an immigrant and an American are sitting there. The banker takes 7 coins. Tells the worker the immigrant is coming to take his 3 coins, then offers to sell him a gun for 2 coins.

And with the last gold coin, he bought drugs from the immigrant opioids from big pharma.

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then let's go all-in on their dreamworld.  Zero gov't healthcare.  No medicare, no medicaid.  That move alone will eliminate a huge swath of Trumpkins.  I say we give them what they ask for.

I'm in.    Maybe then enough R enablers will be gone and we can have a real shot at viable healthcare reform. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

It is absolutely fringe.

If gunowners and traditional "right wingers" were on the offensive;  you'd fucking notice.  You're hearing loudmouth blowhards rattle their sabers.

Nope not anymore.  And it's not hyperbolic.  You can play dumb and try to be cool and dismiss it, but the mainstream Republicans, which is now all trumpkins think it is perfectly normal and acceptable to threaten violence against the evil on the other side of the aisle. 

Responsible conservatives are now the fringe buddy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Nope not anymore.  And it's not hyperbolic.  You can play dumb and try to be cool and dismiss it, but the mainstream Republicans, which is now all trumpkins think it is perfectly normal and acceptable to threaten violence against the evil on the other side of the aisle. 

Responsible conservatives are now the fringe buddy.

Sounds reasonable...(rolleyes)

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

agreed.  My mistake.  Should have said conservatives.  People different from the enlightened left.

I'm conservative.  At least by traditional standards over the last 40 years.  By current MAGA and religious right wing nuts I'm considered a libtard.

• Like 4

No, no....you’re thinking of the New Amendment.  

you see, any attempt at interpreting the constitution to adapt to modern day norms is illegal/unconstitutional.  Except for the second amendment which was clearly meant to evolve into rights to buy assault rifles for school carry.  

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know what part of Oklahoma you grew up in, but I grew up in a small Missouri college town, and because of the university, I existed in what turned out to be a bubble of rational, moderate thought.  It was only after I left and viewed the entire area and populace from afar that I realized how "deplorable" many people in that part of the country actually are.  I didn't hang out with racists and ignorant rednecks -- I knew they were there, but in my world they were well out-numbered.  I just didn't realize that my world was the exception, not the rule.

I have no problem characterizing the majority of flyover country as being stocked with deplorables.  Are there good people there?  Absolutely.  They're the minority.

You see when I grew up, people kept these thoughts buried deep.  They had them and most people felt guilty about them.  The middle class had it relatively good back in the 80’s. 

Things have changed - a lot.  I was born in Lubbock and grew up in Moore, OK.  Thanksgiving and Christmas were spent at our grandparents in Amarillo.  Grandpa was a brown skinned, broken English hustler.  Toughest bastard you ever met. And we experienced pretty much zero racism.  Visiting those same areas now - as I said above...shit has changed.  

Not sure how my family does it. I’d never live outside a major metropolis again.  People tend to be more educated / cultured (yogurt?).  And I’m not talking books.  

Jimmy what town?   Springfield?

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1