Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

52 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Have a coke and smile dude.  Clearly this your first time flying.  You must be really excited.

if you ever actually had the money to fly on a plane you’d know what a pain in the ass it is to jam your carry-on under the seat in front of you.

• Fuck You 2

View his film. It is legit.

He’s got a good first step, but a majority of his film is beating up on a 3A school in BFE. Arkansas football doesn’t produce the best talent in the world. Would like to see more when he plays Pulaski Academy and teams of higher quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

I made sure to fill him in on all the hatred he attracts from Surly. /s

e: The man couldn’t even get priority boarding. Texas needs to step it up.

Priority boarding is for closers.  

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

He’s got a good first step, but a majority of his film is beating up on a 3A school in BFE. Arkansas football doesn’t produce the best talent in the world. Would like to see more when he plays Pulaski Academy and teams of higher quality.

Yeah, he can't help it if his competition sucks. But, what you can see on film is that he is an excellent athlete, he is aggressive, he doesn't give up on plays and he is big.

2 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I think the strategy for Jake smith should simply be-name the last time the Trojans had a good white wide receiver. I'm waiting...

Juju Smith schuster, Nelson agholor, marqise Lee, Robert woods. 

Edited by utfan87

6 minutes ago, utfan87 said:
2 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I think the strategy for Jake smith should simply be-name the last time the Trojans had a good white wide receiver. I'm waiting...

Juju Smith schuster last year.

I think you may have missed a key term in the premise. 

I really thought I had been on top of the shhh's but I guess not
Commits since 3/31: 
DeGabriel Floyd 3/31
Kenyatta Watson 5/1 (shhh 4/4)
Brayden Liebrock 5/8 (shhh 5/7)
I had assumed the 3/31 shhh was Floyd, but I guess not. Wonder who it is and why they're sitting on it so long then. 
Totally honest, I'm not too wigged out by not having a bunch of commits in May..

It's a loooooooong ass time until even NSD1, and the kind of recruits we're going after will be hammered on by all the big dogs until they sign. Sometimes the excitement and newness wears off for the early commits and they start looking to get that adrenaline rush again late summer or during the season...that leads some of them becoming like Candi. We don't want Candi, do we?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Hell,  if he had to dump while on the plane they probably would have to divert. 

The air marshal on the flight would have to radio into the nearest control tower that a biological dirty bomb had been dropped on the plane.

• Like 1

E.J. Holland: Who's next? A look at five commit candidates

Texas added its sixth commitment in the 2019 class on Tuesday. So who's next? Here is a look at five recruits the Longhorns could reel in soon.

WR Jake Smith - Smith narrowed down his lengthy offer list to just two finalists — Texas and USC. The Longhorns have already hosted Smith twice this offseason and will get him back for an official visit soon. While many believe USC will be his likely landing spot, there is confidence around Austin.

TE Jared Wiley - Wiley originally said he wanted to wait for more offers. However, the three-star prospect hasn't seen many come his way this spring. Wiley has made several visits to Austin this offseason, and the buzz is a decision could come in the near future, especially now that Bayden Liebrock is in. 

OL Tyler Johnson - One of UT's top overall recruits this cycle, Johnson is extremely high on the Longhorns, which hold 100 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions. While he said he wants to wait to make a decision, Texas is the favorite and made a huge impression on his recent official visit. 

DE/OLB NaNa Osafo-Mensah - Osafo-Mensah is set to make his decision on May 19 and is down to Notre Dame and Texas. Notre Dame appears to have the lead even after Texas hosted him for an OV. However, the Longhorns will work hard on him over the next week and a half. 

CB Marcus Banks - Banks was originally supposed to make his decision in March. However, he decided to push back his decision timeline. Banks plans to officially visit Texas this summer, and the Longhorns are regaining steam in his recruitment.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

DcxMN-zU8AAIpm9.jpg

Someone with that tweet machine gadget should tell Karen her kids look like the D list gene pool they were bred from, her dog has  old vag butter on its chin and Jimbo had no problem with Jameis swiping sea food in hopes his QB would smell like his slut wife when he tossed his salad.

4 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I spent longer than I'd like to admit trying to figure out what "be-name" means. That's what I get for giving people too much credit.

• Like 1

2017 opening LA

Adimora, Chris
GRAD YR: 19
POS: DB
HIGH SCHOOL-STATE: Mayfair - CA
HT: 5-11
WT: 181
40Y: 4.71
SH: 4.45
PB: 33.5
VJ: 32.0
RATING: 80.46

For comparison 

2018 opening LA

6'1.5"

Edited by utfan87

1 hour ago, utfan87 said:

2017 opening LA

Adimora, Chris
GRAD YR: 19
POS: DB
HIGH SCHOOL-STATE: Mayfair - CA
HT: 5-11
WT: 181
40Y: 4.71
SH: 4.45
PB: 33.5
VJ: 32.0
RATING: 80.46

For comparison 

2018 opening LA

6'1.5"

So he matched or improved in every category except for VERTICAL. 

There, he lost 0.3 inches, but made up for it by growing 2 1/2 inches and his arms probably grew a tad bit too.

I approve.

3 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Someone with that tweet machine gadget should tell Karen her kids look like the D list gene pool they were bred from, her dog has  old vag butter on its chin and Jimbo had no problem with Jameis swiping sea food in hopes his QB would smell like his slut wife when he tossed his salad.

I am kind of surprised that crazy bitch doesn’t have Candi stashed in a deep hole, yelling at her to put the lotion in the fucking basket. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1