2019 NCAA Final Four in Minneapolis

What a terrible fucking environment. I hate that college basketball now has these Final 4s at huge ass football stadiums. Even the view and depth perception on TV is weird. So many players have came out and said the depth perception when shooting in this huge stadiums is bad. Basketball is meant to played in cozy arenas. Like they do all year long.

Who would pay money to sit way the fuck back from a 94ft court?
I agree. Greed at its finest. Have they done away with football stadiums for regional finals at least? US bank stadium didnt host any games last year and usually that's an indicator of future final four sites. This year I think they were in all basketball arenas.

The site lines for a shooter shouldnt be fucked with for the biggest game in the sport, especially playing all season in natural basketball settings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I agree. Greed at its finest. Have they done away with football stadiums for regional finals at least? US bank stadium didnt host any games last year and usually that's an indicator of future final four sites. This year I think they were in all basketball arenas.

The site lines for a shooter shouldnt be fucked with for the biggest game in the sport, especially playing all season in natural basketball settings.

Coach Dale said it’s still just 10 feet from the rim to the floor.

We even  measured to the free-frow line. 15’  just like in Hick’ry.

• Like 2

I went to the last Final Four in a normal arena in Charlotte in '94.  After that when the NCAA went to stadiums for the FF at least they cut the stadium in 1/2 or maybe 2/3 to make it a a somewhat decent (just barely) configuration.  Then eventually they decided to open up the entire stadium for the game and the whole thing officially became fucked.  I got talked into going to the 2011 Final in Reliant and we had "lower" level seats but we may as well have been in Sealy watching the thing.   Simply terrible. 

That grad transfer rule change proposal is exactly as stupid and terrible as you'd expect from the NCAA. Totally fuck up the one rule they have that offers the athlete some control while simultaneously offering a huge fucking carrot for graduating from college. You know, like those fuckers at the NCAA claim they care about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The rims always seem tighter with less give too. Probably because they are using goals that aren’t in use like at a regular basketball arena.

• immamac featured and pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic