Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Honesty is honesty. If that’s what the staff is selling, and that’s what they deliver to you during your time here, don’t be surprised if they are honest to nfl scouts. 

Flip side is if honesty is your stock and trade, you had better be honest because the hypocrisy will take your ass down. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Can someone actually post the damn tweet before we start speculating on what it means?

I'm sorry I didn't get a screen grab, but it said something along the lines of "Be careful who you're committing to.

Edited by LarTXHorn

his tweet could've meant anything - timing wasn't great but he tweeted:

"be careful who you commit to its sweet now till you get there"

lets not forget Charles was actively recruiting Dorbah on twitter .. he wasnt taking a shot but it could be used that way .. he probably realized it after the fact and deleted it

Edited by Froghorn717
  • Like 3

Just now, Froghorn717 said:

his tweet couldve meant anything - timing wasnt great but he tweeted:

"be careful who you commit to its sweet now till you get there"

lets not forget Charles was actively recruiting Dorbah on twitter .. think it was much adu about nothing just poorly worded vague and poor timing 

He followed it up saying "I dont follow college recruiting this has nothing to do with that" or something like that

He was probably talking about his 2 year commitment to Directv, then he found out $39 was only a teaser rate for the first 6 months and free Cinemax was only for 3 months.  Now he's pissed, rightfully so, and wants to fuck Directv in its goatass.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Coaching staff supposedly telling scouts his work ethic was inconsistent..

Texas Staff should be honest with scouts about players per this Sports Illustrated article.... 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/28/draft-alabama-nick-saban-nfl-scouts-best-programs 

"College teams may think that hiding flaws makes all their players more desirable, but Nagy explained that this made it impossible for scouts to identify the players that they should be standing up on the table for when their teams were looking at late-round picks or free agents. “When you’re getting the company line on every single guy, you don’t know who that [great] guy is,” Nagy says. “They were hurting the kids who did all the right things.”

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know people aren’t gonna get overly excited, in part because Dorbah’s been in the (not money) bag for so long and in part because Surly gonna Surly, but Dorbah is an elite edge rusher and we’ve struggled to land guys like him many years. 

His biggest hurdle will be gaining weight and holding up in the run game to the level Ossai does, but I think he can easily get to 240-245 and from there, it will all be effort and technique for him. Dorbah is so freakishly explosive and flexible. He can bend the edge better than anyone on the roster currently and could easily become a double digit sack guy for multiple years on this team.  

This is a big fucking get at a position of need. 

Ok daddy98. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Clint Brewster (national guy) CB'd Fuonji to Okie Lite.

I assume thats one we are trying to 'keep warm'?

What does a realistic finish at WR in 2020 look like?

I know we're still in on Johnny Wilson though Oregon is the perceived favorite.

Q Johnson doesn't appear to communicate.

Mookie Cooper just committed to Ohio St, but that will likely change by tomorrow.

Troy Omeire's committed to aggy,

What about Hester / Achane / Shelton?

Who else are we actively recruiting - and how many WR are we expected to take in this class? 

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I assume thats one we are trying to 'keep warm'?

What does a realistic finish at WR in 2020 look like?

I know we're still in on Johnny Wilson though Oregon is the perceived favorite.

Q Johnson doesn't appear to communicate.

Mookie Cooper just committed to Ohio St, but that will likely change by tomorrow.

Troy Omeire's committed to aggy,

What about Hester / Achane / Shelton?

Who else are we actively recruiting - and how many WR are we expected to take in this class? 

Sounds like Wilson, QJ and Achane are the ones that definitely can call up and commit today (not counting guys committed elsewhere)

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fud said:

It’s not subs who are sometimes positive and sometimes negative, it’s a couple of idiots who post about it non-stop and destroy every thread

I believe one of the posters over there causing problems posts here under the handle of SydneyCarton.

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

The McRee reaction is likely tied to his Lake Travisness. Add in the fact that he was a mortal lock to UT and people don't get excited, despite his talent. 

He's an excellent get and has a ton of upside but the trepidation will remain with any of the Lake Travis/Westlake kids for a while. 

I don't know about others, but for me, I just have a hard time getting pumped about someone who can't sign until February of 2021. I'm glad Texas landed him and that we've got a few good ones lined up for 2021 already, though.

• Haha 1