Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Keep in mind that if a job for his mom was the only thing they did, it is likely not a violation.

A) It's not. I actually hadn't heard about the job thing until it popped up on this board a couple days ago. No clue if it's true.

B) And if the job was given with the intent of getting him to play for UGA it would be a violation.

10 minutes ago, Rick Fuckin’ Dalton said:

I’m sure people would say Alabama but I don’t think they are because of their success. IMO Georgia is paying for players for sure, I know some people at UGA that have told me that. Clemson might be paying for a few players but that’s probably about to change since they’ve been so consistent over the past 4 seasons. OU isn’t paying for players, we (Texas) aren’t. But that’s just my 2 cents 

My 2 cents: lurk longer. Helps you identify sarcasm and avoid land mines. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 2

Just now, Rick Fuckin’ Dalton said:

I’m a 95 baby, I didn’t start watching Texas football until 2008

Fair enough. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2558015

and: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/428918-most-ncaa-infractions-the-record-no-team-wants-to-hold

OU checks in at a solid number 5. 

53 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

If we paid recruits we wouldn't have lost out on Trey Sanders, Ringo, etc. This current staff just doesn't play dirty (yet). Mack Brown certainly did, however. That being said, I don't think this staff can hold out much longer without jumping in. Losing some of those blue chips has made a hell of a dent in our plans. Ringo was practically a silent here before that coach we curb stomped last January intervened. 

Mack was pretty clean. He removed boosters from the locker rooms, etc. If kids got paid back then, it wasn’t being done with his consent. I know guys who spent time in his program and then moved to the SEC. Night and day difference. 

If we take Hester, I hope he turns out to be one of those guys that comes in and surprises on the big stage like the RRS.   Maybe he will play with a chip on his shoulder v. ou and osu.  Maybe not. But if he can't perform with our stable of receivers he won't see the field anyway.  I'm not usually a trust the staff cheerleader but at this point I don't have any reason not to I guess.

The only thing more annoying than complaining about other schools paying players is the inevitable post that follows telling everyone to stop acting like aggy and stop blaming bagmen when we lose a recruit. 

Also: newbie trolls. 

44 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

I forget who it was, but one of Mack's guys once he made it to the NFL or something openly admitted to getting paid.

Other than that, there were apparently many different stories of how that staff/administration would do it. A common one is they'd take recruits for a night out in Austin during their OV, tell them to go to the bathroom. In there, they'd apparently find some cash, and when they came back whoever was hosting them from staff would tell them things along the lines of "there's more where that came from". I'm not saying Mack's staff paid a ton of guys because I don't know that as fact, but we did pay a substantial amount.

You're a dumbass. That's not the kind of money anybody is talking about. A few hundred dollars didn't buy anyone back then, and it sure as hell doesn't now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

I forget who it was, but one of Mack's guys once he made it to the NFL or something openly admitted to getting paid.

Other than that, there were apparently many different stories of how that staff/administration would do it. A common one is they'd take recruits for a night out in Austin during their OV, tell them to go to the bathroom. In there, they'd apparently find some cash, and when they came back whoever was hosting them from staff would tell them things along the lines of "there's more where that came from". I'm not saying Mack's staff paid a ton of guys because I don't know that as fact, but we did pay a substantial amount.

That is not even close to how it works. Nice imagination though. There is also zero staff/administration involvement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

He's already set up an OV with UCLA according to OSU reporters. I'm not worried about them at all really, but what I am worried about is that a certain Top 3 school of his will seize the opportunity to get him to take the bus over afterwards for a UV. Getting Bijan Friday is great because it means we'll lead for him, but he's unfortunately not going to be one of the recruits that you can stop recruiting after he's committed.

I don’t think Bijan is the flipping type once he’s publicly committed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

excited billy madison GIF

• Like 3

I will confirm that the womenz in Athens are of very high quality, campus is beautiful, party scene is fun.  But it’s still not Texas.  They signed like six 5 stars in one cycle... they didn’t go there bc UGA is a blue blood.  They went there bc Kirby Smart is openly buying recruits and doing it at a level that would make Nick Saban blush.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I will confirm that the womenz in Athens are of very high quality, campus is beautiful, party scene is fun.  But it’s still not Texas.  They signed like six 5 stars in one cycle... they didn’t go there bc UGA is a blue blood.  They went there bc Kirby Smart is openly buying recruits and doing it at a level that would make Nick Saban blush.  

Agreed 100% ^

Edited by Rick Fuckin’ Dalton
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, closetojumplng said:

i agree with u the pawgs come in unlimited numbers at uga......any 18 year old kid would choose a buffet of pawgs over the current ut co eds

At least steal the correct avatar for this handle