Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From spurstalk, hmmm:

This was from the Inside Texas commitment article written on WR Quentin Johnston.

"The staff needed one of each receiver position: a boundary, a slot, and an explosive athlete to the field. Now they just need the first two and there may be an exciting development on that front."

Is QJ likely to be the X or Z wide receiver??

7 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba looks strikingly similar to Jordan Whittington in his highlights, except better in his route running.  I'm really hoping there's something developing between him and Texas

Is he quicker than fast? Does not look very fast.

7 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Don't have any of that off the top of my head, but I do remember his SPARQ score was elite.  Eyeballing it he looks at least as fast as Whittington ... But someone else will post his camp measurable I'm sure

Just read 4.59 at opening finals, looks about right. He does not look to have elite speed on hudl but has good hands. 

25 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Some smoke around Josh White and IT or TFB referenced Orlando being all over Flowe still. They don’t feel like that door has completely closed.

White seems like a flip candidate depending on the LSU game.  It's a bit eye rolling to hinge a recruitment on one game but enough people have said that game is pivotal to White so I believe it.  Flowe is not happening unless a phenomenal season AND brinks trucks are involved 

White seems like a flip candidate depending on the LSU game.  It's a bit eye rolling to hinge a recruitment on one game but enough people have said that game is pivotal to White so I believe it.  Flowe is not happening unless a phenomenal season AND brinks trucks are involved 

I was specifically corrected after alluding to the latter the other day. I don’t think he comes here either, but he could be squeaky clean.

19 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

White was a bad beat. Gbenda level athleticism in a better frame. He would have been perfect in Texas' scheme. 

Texas gets Katrina'd again. 

40 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Let's go ahead and get Flowe, Ringo, Collins, Jordan, Smith-Njigba, *Eaton, then maybe throw in a couple like D Sellers, LVBS or Guillory for good measure. That'd be great

I'm sure I'm missing someone

Flip demas.  You missed that one

I know it don't make a shit, but I'm curious.... In the 247 team rankings, Georgia is 5 and we are 6. Yet we have more total recruits than Georgia (17 to their 16) and a higher average (93.34 to their 93.28). Can anyone explain why/how Georgia is ranked higher?

7 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

I know it don't make a shit, but I'm curious.... In the 247 team rankings, Georgia is 5 and we are 6. Yet we have more total recruits than Georgia (17 to their 16) and a higher average (93.34 to their 93.28). Can anyone explain why/how Georgia is ranked higher?

The algorithm favors the more top-end players

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

There’s diminishing returns in the algorithm if you stack a position, and other similar manipulations to try to account for a balanced vs unbalanced class, or a very top heavy class. 

It’s not just the sum of the individual player ratings. 

• Like 3

There’s diminishing returns in the algorithm if you stack a position, and other similar manipulations to try to account for a balanced vs unbalanced class, or a very top heavy class. 
It’s not just the sum of the individual player ratings. 
Aah makes sense. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

what people said above.

Edited by Dummy