Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

There was a rumor that Ringo gave a silent but that’s not what my buddie who is a scout for the team just told me. He said there was no official silent (gave him shit about that term) but that it was a huge weekend and that he would be shocked if we don’t land Chris Thompson which sounds about the same as a silent to me. 

******** FAKE INSIDER COMMENT SHIELD **********

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I've always been skeptical of El Mahico's info

Fuck me. It's Mahico? Isn't that one of Ketchum's 30 alt accounts? I thought that was one of them that was outed when he drunkily replied while logged in as Mahico on daiquiri night.  Am I mixing up my alts? 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Fuck me. It's Mahico? Isn't that one of Ketchum's 30 alt accounts? I thought that was one of them that was outed when he drunkily replied while logged in as Mahico on daiquiri night.  Am I mixing up my alts? 

I dont think you are. It's like a fucking dartboard and all you have to do is just hit the field. I suppose I was giving to much credit assuming it was LotusHorn and not just Ketch dressed up in his wife's pajamas and posting from his sidekick. 

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

Mahico isn’t a Ketch sock. I’ve conversed with him pretty extensively about stuff in Hawaii. Plus, he’s shown videos of himself anyway and other folks have met up with him in Hawaii.

3 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

Mahico isn’t a Ketch sock. I’ve conversed with him pretty extensively about stuff in Hawaii. Plus, he’s shown videos of himself anyway and other folks have met up with him in Hawaii.

Hmm Hawaii seems to be the constant here. Maybe he’s a James Bond villain 

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

Mahico wasn’t a sock back in the day at least. He knew Akina and had good info. Not sure what he would know now. So ketch might have stolen his account if he moved on with akina.

I just know over the last several years he's posted info at times I knew to be false, so I'm skeptical about his info. Take that how you will. 

Mahico has always been full of 100% grade A bullshit.  Even if he knew Akina personally, what makes anyone think that Duane would feed him legit info so he can run and tell the world about it on the internet?  He is a total mouthbreather that talks just to hear the sound of his own voice.   

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

So since this seems like it's going to be a year with a bunch of head-to-head battles with aggy in-state, I took a look at the in-state top 30 and decided to see how things stand with each recruit atm.  I'll also add a couple of other guys that we may both be in on.  Feel free to add on or correct anything I may have messed up on with a recruit.

#1  Zach Evans - Probably comes down to Texas/aggy.  Has visited Texas more and blown off aggy several times.  Brother seems to be pro Texas.  Will go all the way to NSD2.

#2  Jase McClellan - OUsucks commit

#3 Demond Demas - Aggy commit, but will go down to the end.  Has visited Texas a bunch.  

#4 Dwight McGlothern - Supposed aggy lean with some influence from "Uncle Ro".  Twitter is very pro Texas lately.  Probably have to say aggy atm.

#5 RJ Mickens - Aggy legacy.  Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Has some picks to tOSU.

#6 Ja'Quinden Jackson - Seems like Texas's to lose.  Haven't seen him associated with aggy any.

#7 Branard Wright - Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Seems SEC bound ( LSU, Bama', aggy ).

#8 Lorando Johnson - Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Has an aggy offer but aggy mod Sayles says he has no interest in them.

#9 Drew Sanders - OUsucks commit.  No Texas offer.

#10 Chad Lindberg - Heavy Texas lean.  Doesn't seem like aggy is really in this one.

#11 Troy Omeire - Supposed aggy lean ( has 100% CB picks ).  Has visited Texas several times recently and likes what the big WR's are doing in our offense.

#12 Seth McGowen - Haven't really heard much with him and aggy.

#13 EJ Smith - Doesn't have a Texas offer.

#14 Malik Hornsby - Supposedly gave aggy a silent after the Clemson moral victory.  Has since backed off and will make the SEC rounds.  Texas has it's QB who is just as good minus the entourage and Uncle's.

#15 Chris Thompson - Will be a big battle with aggy.  He's been Fong'd to aggy after the Clemson moral victory.  Recently visited Texas and things may be turning in this recruitment.

#16 Hudson Card - Texas commit

#17 Darius Snow - Haven't seen him mentioned with aggy.  Texas or OOS.

#18 Logan Parr - Texas commit

#19 Bryson Washington - Texas looks good.  Haven't really seen him mentioned with aggy.

#20 Marvin Mims - I honestly know nothing with this kid. 

#21 - Alec Bryant - Wants a Texas offer.  Still TBD.  No aggy offer ( I don't think? ).

#22 - Courtland Ford - LSU commit.

#23 - Jaylon Jones - One of the biggest battles with aggy we'll have this cycle.  Supposed aggy lean after the Clemson moral victory, this recruitment has shifted towards Texas, including a Wiltfong pick to Texas.  Was at aggy for LSU game though.

#24 DJ Graham - Another recruitment I really know nothing about.

#25 James Sylvester - Heavy aggy lean, but loves Texas and would be a change in his recruitment if we offer.  Still TBD.

#26 - Vernon Broughton - Looks like we are in a good spot here.  Has visited a couple of times.  Was at aggy for the LSU game though.  Must get IMO.

#27 Akinola Ogunbiyi - Aggy commit.  Not sure how much we are pressing.

#28 Collin Sullivan - Doesn't look like either is a factor here.

#29 Prince Dorbah - Texas looks good here and he doesn't hold an aggy offer.

#30 Damien George - Not sure how much of a priority he is for aggy with 4 OL commits.  Also not sure where he stands on the Texas board.

Other recruits of note:

Jaylen Garth - Looks good for Texas, should be able to land him.  He was at the LSU game.

Alfred Collins - Was Fong'd to aggy after the Clemson moral victory, but has since been offered by Texas and seems like ours to lose.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So since this seems like it's going to be a year with a bunch of head-to-head battles with aggy in-state, I took a look at the in-state top 30 and decided to see how things stand with each recruit atm.  I'll also add a couple of other guys that we may both be in on.  Feel free to add on or correct anything I may have messed up on with a recruit.

#1  Zach Evans - Probably comes down to Texas/aggy.  Has visited Texas more and blown off aggy several times.  Brother seems to be pro Texas.  Will go all the way to NSD2.

#3 Demond Demas - Aggy commit, but will go down to the end.  Has visited Texas a bunch.  

#4 Dwight McGlothern - Supposed aggy lean with some influence from "Uncle Ro".  Twitter is very pro Texas lately.  Probably have to say aggy atm.

#5 RJ Mickens - Aggy legacy.  Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Has some picks to tOSU.

#6 Ja'Quinden Jackson - Seems like Texas's to lose.  Haven't seen him associated with aggy any.

#7 Branard Wright - Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Seems SEC bound ( LSU, Bama', aggy ).

#8 Lorando Johnson - Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Has an aggy offer but aggy mod Sayles says he has no interest in them.

#10 Chad Lindberg - Heavy Texas lean.  Doesn't seem like aggy is really in this one.

#11 Troy Omeire - Supposed aggy lean ( has 100% CB picks ).  Has visited Texas several times recently and likes what the big WR's are doing in our offense.

#14 Malik Hornsby - Supposedly gave aggy a silent after the Clemson moral victory.  Has since backed off and will make the SEC rounds.  Texas has it's QB who is just as good minus the entourage and Uncle's.

#15 Chris Thompson - Will be a big battle with aggy.  He's been Fong'd to aggy after the Clemson moral victory.  Recently visited Texas and things may be turning in this recruitment.

#19 Bryson Washington - Texas looks good.  Haven't really seen him mentioned with aggy.

#21 - Alec Bryant - Wants a Texas offer.  Still TBD.  No aggy offer ( I don't think? ).

#23 - Jaylon Jones - One of the biggest battles with aggy we'll have this cycle.  Supposed aggy lean after the Clemson moral victory, this recruitment has shifted towards Texas, including a Wiltfong pick to Texas.  Was at aggy for LSU game though.

#25 James Sylvester - Heavy aggy lean, but loves Texas and would be a change in his recruitment if we offer.  Still TBD.

#26 - Vernon Broughton - Looks like we are in a good spot here.  Has visited a couple of times.  Was at aggy for the LSU game though.  Must get IMO.

#30 Damien George - Not sure how much of a priority he is for aggy with 4 OL commits.  Also not sure where he stands on the Texas board.

Other recruits of note:

Jaylen Garth - Looks good for Texas, should be able to land him.  He was at the LSU game.

Alfred Collins - Was Fong'd to aggy after the Clemson moral victory, but has since been offered by Texas and seems like ours to lose.

Appreciate the work here, but holy shit there is a lot that will shake out between now and next December. 

For sure, the Evans recruitment is going to go way beyond just a Texas/ATM battle. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Appreciate the work here, but holy shit there is a lot that will shake out between now and next December. 

For sure, the Evans recruitment is going to go way beyond just a Texas/ATM battle. 

Yeah I know, was just passing the time.  I know we felt good about guys around this time last year ( Demani, Leal, Bragg, few others ) that didn't go our way, but Herman can sell playing in a Championship game ( maybe more ) this time around.

I also fully expect to land some OOS studs once again.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah I know, was just passing the time.  I know we felt good about guys around this time last year ( Demani, Leal, Bragg, few others ) that didn't go our way, but Herman can sell playing in a Championship game ( maybe more ) this time around.

Yeah, the post was good. I was just observing the futility in it from a realistic perspective, but it’s certainly up my alley. 

• Like 1

If we win big next year, this program is going to get back to elite recruiting.  Herman has a pretty hard working recruiting support staff that puts on amazing official visits.  They also do their homework on OOS players that can fill in for weaker instate options.  They're not scared to go up against the likes of Bama, Clemson, LSU, USC, OSU for elite guys.  If Herman can add 1-2 more elite recruiters this offseason, we're going to have a very good class next year. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think it's safe to say we'll land OOS studs every year Herman is coach. He's not a bitch like Mack, and he actually goes after the best of the best and couldn't care less about appeasing to Texas hs corches. 

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I think it's safe to say we'll land OOS studs every year Herman is coach. He's not a bitch like Mack, and he actually goes after the best of the best and couldn't care less about appeasing to Texas hs corches. 

He's actually put a lot of work into this. Even though his classes are in reality more OOS-based than Strong's, Tom (and Shipley, Meekins, et al) has made them feel warm and fuzzy and valued.

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Other recruits of note:

Guys we're in a good spot with, whether you want to call them leans, or kids who we'll be in their top group for the foreseeable future, assuming Texas wants them. Keep in mind, this will be a slightly smaller class, probably somewhere in the 20-24 range depending on how many we finish with in 2019. 

Hudson Card

Logan Parr

Kelvontay Dixon 

Mookie Cooper

Jaylon Garth

Chad Lindberg

Alfred Collins

Prince Dorbah

Jaylon Jones

Ty Jordan

Darius Snow

Princely Umanmielen

Chris Thompson Jr

Ja'Quinden Jackson

I want to put Quinten Johnson on here, as I think he could be the second best WR prospect in the state, or even #1 if you want to factor in potential red flags with Demas, but we actually have to recruit him first. Same could be said about the Permian WR, who has a tremendous ceiling. I also want to put Vernon Broughton on here, but I'm not quite there yet.