Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

I am sure that USC will have no problem with hiring a top offensive coordinator, that said coordinator will fit in well with the existing position coaches, that the players will love him and be happy Kliff left, that they will not choke their talent away by underperforming again next year, and that CH and LS will have long and storied futures in the USC athletic department.

EDIT sorry wrong thread really

Oh, and their personal hygiene is impeccable!

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Posted by TFLoss. 

The brother of 2020 RB Zach Evans on UT's position in his recruitment (OrangeBloods)

"Yes. When they beat Georgia it put UT at #1 and moved Georgia," Robinson said.

Fucking great.  So this recruitment swings on individual games.  

I'm glad to be first at least

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Posted by TFLoss. 

The brother of 2020 RB Zach Evans on UT's position in his recruitment (OrangeBloods)

"Yes. When they beat Georgia it put UT at #1 and moved Georgia," Robinson said.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck there's gonna be a shitshow of hand-wringing for the next 10 months, isn't there?

5 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Pretty big juxtaposition from when the recruitniks asked him for his reactions following our win over USC, and his response was (paraphrased): 

"I can confirm that I am aware that the University of Texas fields a football team, which competes on Saturdays in the fall."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Every bowl he has coached was either against Jimbo or an SEC team. Undefeated.

Always makes me laugh to hear aggy talk about Fischer being better than Herman, despite the ass whooping Herman gave him in 2015. It is just ao typical of them.

EJ after dark: Loaded recruiting scoop on key 2020 targets

— There was some in-season panic about five-star 2020 North Shore running back Zachary Evans during the fall, but it wave very much overblown. Look guys, Evans isn’t going to make a decision until next February, so this one is going to be a slow process. But there is plenty of reason for optimism here. Evans loved what he saw from Texas in its Sugar Bowl win over Georgia, and he knows he can be a Day 1 difference maker in the backfield. He also likes the job Herb Hand has done with the offensive line and is quickly forming a strong relationship with Texas quarterback commit Hudson Card. On top of that, Tom Herman has done a tremendous job of recruiting Evans’ brother, who is the most influential person in this recruitment, early on. Right now, I think Texas is in a very, very good spot.

— Evans has talked about teaming up with 2020 offensive linemen Damieon George and Chad Lindberg at the next level. As we previously mentioned, Evans, Lindberg and Card actually watched UT’s Sugar Bowl win over Georgia together while in Orlando for Under Armour. I would say Texas is the team to beat for Lindberg early on, but it is imperative for the Longhorns to close as he is still hard at schools like Clemson, Georgia and Stanford. Lindberg wants to make some official visits before pulling. If Texas can get him onboard, it would certainly help with Evans, who views Linberg as an elite blocker. George is obviously Evans’ teammate. The two released basically the same top schools list over the weekend. While SEC schools are high on the mind of George, I feel like Texas is quickly moving up his list.

— Card also worked hard on St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) athlete Mookie Cooper during their time in Orlando. It appeared that Texas was the outright favorite for Cooper, but he is slowing things down a bit. Don’t get me wrong, we still feel confident in our Texas Crystal Ball picks, but he does want to make official visits to Nebraska, Georgia and Oklahoma State and isn’t looking to make a decision until the fall. Having high school teammate Marcus Washington in the fold will certainly help Texas.

— We are feeling better and better about our Crystal Ball picks for three-star 2020 Prosper offensive lineman Jake Majors. Texas appears to be in the driver’s seat heading into the spring, and he has a strong relationship with Herb Hand as well as UT commit Logan Parr. Stanford remains the biggest threat at this time, but it appears Majors wants to stay closer to home and feels comfortable in Austin. By the way, Parr is working just as hard as Card. He made a group text with Majors, Lindberg and George to recruit them to Texas.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

EJ after dark: Loaded recruiting scoop on key 2020 targets

Reveal hidden contents

— There was some in-season panic about five-star 2020 North Shore running back Zachary Evans during the fall, but it wave very much overblown. Look guys, Evans isn’t going to make a decision until next February, so this one is going to be a slow process. But there is plenty of reason for optimism here. Evans loved what he saw from Texas in its Sugar Bowl win over Georgia, and he knows he can be a Day 1 difference maker in the backfield. He also likes the job Herb Hand has done with the offensive line and is quickly forming a strong relationship with Texas quarterback commit Hudson Card. On top of that, Tom Herman has done a tremendous job of recruiting Evans’ brother, who is the most influential person in this recruitment, early on. Right now, I think Texas is in a very, very good spot.

— Evans has talked about teaming up with 2020 offensive linemen Damieon George and Chad Lindberg at the next level. As we previously mentioned, Evans, Lindberg and Card actually watched UT’s Sugar Bowl win over Georgia together while in Orlando for Under Armour. I would say Texas is the team to beat for Lindberg early on, but it is imperative for the Longhorns to close as he is still hard at schools like Clemson, Georgia and Stanford. Lindberg wants to make some official visits before pulling. If Texas can get him onboard, it would certainly help with Evans, who views Linberg as an elite blocker. George is obviously Evans’ teammate. The two released basically the same top schools list over the weekend. While SEC schools are high on the mind of George, I feel like Texas is quickly moving up his list.

— Card also worked hard on St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) athlete Mookie Cooper during their time in Orlando. It appeared that Texas was the outright favorite for Cooper, but he is slowing things down a bit. Don’t get me wrong, we still feel confident in our Texas Crystal Ball picks, but he does want to make official visits to Nebraska, Georgia and Oklahoma State and isn’t looking to make a decision until the fall. Having high school teammate Marcus Washington in the fold will certainly help Texas.

— We are feeling better and better about our Crystal Ball picks for three-star 2020 Prosper offensive lineman Jake Majors. Texas appears to be in the driver’s seat heading into the spring, and he has a strong relationship with Herb Hand as well as UT commit Logan Parr. Stanford remains the biggest threat at this time, but it appears Majors wants to stay closer to home and feels comfortable in Austin. By the way, Parr is working just as hard as Card. He made a group text with Majors, Lindberg and George to recruit them to Texas.

Needs to get garth in that group text. 

45 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

So Card and Parr will be our main recruiters....not bad at all.

Parr needs to come on here and learn the proper Stanford smack dialog to talk to these other OLs. 

Hey Parr, start with this one: "See that Little fucker? Yah, he went to Stanford and sucks now ttyl #cloUT2020"

Edited by UncleBuck

8 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Believe Dunn trains with FWK as well. 

He does.  FWK has been tweeting out training vids of the two of them for the last week.

Dunn currently shows one D1 offer (Temple).

https://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Dunn-46043170/

Edited by Hiphopopotamos