Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

On the coldest day in Houston this year my wife spent 30 minutes with the door open talking to the lawn guy who barely speaks english. I listened in while he repeatedly tried to sell himself explain what he wanted to do. My wife listened patiently while freezing her ass off. She is the type that doesn't like to be rude.

On another note, The lawn guy we have never used did $300 worth of work and told her she could pay whenever because she didn't have cash on her. I am pretty damn sure if it was me at the door he wouldn't have said that.

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

On the coldest day in Houston this year my wife spent 30 minutes with the door open talking to the lawn guy who barely speaks english. I listened in while he repeatedly tried to sell himself explain what he wanted to do. My wife listened patiently while freezing her ass off. She is the type that doesn't like to be rude.

On another note, The lawn guy we have never used did $300 worth of work and told her she could pay whenever because she didn't have cash on her. I am pretty damn sure if it was me at the door he wouldn't have said that.

Oh she definitely paid already

Edited by Trey3216

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

On the coldest day in Houston this year my wife spent 30 minutes with the door open talking to the lawn guy who barely speaks english. I listened in while he repeatedly tried to sell himself explain what he wanted to do.

Don't you hate it when people can barely speak English?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Was pulling into a grocery store parking lot with Depeche mode's "strangelove" playing at a moderate level.

She said "I'm kinda embarrassed we're playing this song this loud.  It's old people music."

W.t.f.

She's not wrong.  

• Like 1

At a casual restaurant satiddy night with wife and daughter. Food takes forever (probably 45 minutes) and only wife/daughters food comes out. Wife reads waiter the riot act basically saying we shouldn’t have to pay for anything, BEFORE my food has come out. She didn’t appreciate me “man-splaining” that my food has a 100% chance of a free side of saliva in it thanks to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, crainiac said:

At a casual restaurant satiddy night with wife and daughter. Food takes forever (probably 45 minutes) and only wife/daughters food comes out. Wife reads waiter the riot act basically saying we shouldn’t have to pay for anything, BEFORE my food has come out. She didn’t appreciate me “man-splaining” that my food has a 100% chance of a free side of saliva in it thanks to her.

Saliva huh? I wish I was a glass half full guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We were in Africa and wife had a case of the mud butt.  (when that's happened to me, it's a mild annoyance and loss of 1 day of travel.. of course, when it happens to her, she's teetering between life and death and the world might collapse to an end)

So we whisked her off to a tourist clinic.  between the 'emergency' transport and the midnight IV pump, it was a few hundred dollars that I paid, as I had the cash on hand.

We get back from the trip.  I remind her to claim the money back from insurance.  (making a medical claim in 2019 literally takes all of 5 minute by online form or email.)

Nooooo I'm busy today.  Noooo I'm still recovering from the trip, I don't even want to think about it.  Nooooo I have to catch up with work.   etc etc etc.

Every month or so I remind her gently, and get some sort of half excuse or brush-off.  At this point in time, we've probably gone past the claims window.  But I don't know that for sure cause I can't get a straight answer out of her on this particular subject.  But the reminders - as gentle and infrequent as theyve been - have accumulated into a Pandoras Box and I dare not even mutter the word 'insurance' around her. 

However, she'll randomly say some shit like 'you left the light on downstairs it's wasting electricity'.  Yeah, a total 30 cents of marginal consumption versus how much cash you left with Allianz because you can't be bothered to write them 1 email???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

We were in Africa and wife had a case of the mud butt.  (when that's happened to me, it's a mild annoyance and loss of 1 day of travel.. of course, when it happens to her, she's teetering between life and death and the world might collapse to an end)

So we whisked her off to a tourist clinic.  between the 'emergency' transport and the midnight IV pump, it was a few hundred dollars that I paid, as I had the cash on hand.

We get back from the trip.  I remind her to claim the money back from insurance.  (making a medical claim in 2019 literally takes all of 5 minute by online form or email.)

Nooooo I'm busy today.  Noooo I'm still recovering from the trip, I don't even want to think about it.  Nooooo I have to catch up with work.   etc etc etc.

Every month or so I remind her gently, and get some sort of half excuse or brush-off.  At this point in time, we've probably gone past the claims window.  But I don't know that for sure cause I can't get a straight answer out of her on this particular subject.  But the reminders - as gentle and infrequent as theyve been - have accumulated into a Pandoras Box and I dare not even mutter the word 'insurance' around her. 

However, she'll randomly say some shit like 'you left the light on downstairs it's wasting electricity'.  Yeah, a total 30 cents of marginal consumption versus how much cash you left with Allianz because you can't be bothered to write them 1 email???

Could "literally" file claim in 5 minutes.

Post rant on surly instead.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

make the claim yourself.

one time she mustered some effort into it, the insurer asked for her to send in proof that her current insurance doesnt cover africa (so no double-dipping of benefits)... that's where it stalled out.

because now its become an Unmentionable Topic, i dont want to ask for the policy numbers and etc from her

On 3/31/2019 at 8:20 AM, achooloco said:

Considering I’ve seen a lot of twenty somethings trying to bring back the god awful mom jeans, seems only fair that depeche mode should at least get a play on the pandora/YouTube/Spotify shuffle...

"trying"? They've successfully brought them back. Much to the chagrin of men everywhere. 

25 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Does she beat or abuse you?  There are organizations who can help you with that, no shame.

Otherwise I can't fathom not being able to solve a financial problem with my own spouse out of fear of bringing up the subject.

its not a significant enough sum to be to be a problem.  its an annoyance  - hence this thread. 

real problems go in the divorce thread

• Like 1

I collected $4500 from Allianz insurance last year after our trip to England & France was interrupted by Mrs. Brat’s accident at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London ( broke her arm & injured her legs so she couldn’t walk). I claimed the $3,000  lost rental fee on the Paris apartment and the $1,500 British Air charged for rescheduling our return flight to Austin. The claim took about a month to be reviewed and for the check to arrive in the mail.

I think there is a 90 day window to begin the process of filing a claim. But first you have to notify Allianz via their website that you are going to file a claim. Then get your documentation shit together and send it in. They’ll tell you how long the process will take.

Sounds like y’all have waited too long though.

Edited by Armybrat

Mrs. Brat, being a retired bureaucrat with the Texas Health Department could have done it herself, as she is very organized & competent with shuffling paper. However she dislikes using website links & email communication. Since Yours truly has become somewhat proficient over the years with the link stuff (a skill honed by surfing the Surly NSAA forum), I did the computer work.

edited to add: It was my idea to buy the insurance in the first place - because of the odds that I would’ve been the one to require medical assistance while traveling. I didn’t anticipate her being the one to rush around gawking and falling down stairs. But the fact that she once fell up some stairs and broke her leg (no pics) while a college student should have forewarned me.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I collected $4500 from Allianz insurance last year after our trip to England & France was interrupted by Mrs. Brat’s accident at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London ( broke her arm & injured her legs so she couldn’t walk). I claimed the $3,000  lost rental fee on the Paris apartment and the $1,500 British Air charged for rescheduling our return flight to Austin. The claim took about a month to be reviewed and for the check to arrive in the mail.

I think there is a 90 day window to begin the process of filing a claim. But first you have to notify Allianz via their website that you are going to file a claim. Then get your documentation shit together and send it in. They’ll tell you how long the process will take.

Sounds like y’all have waited too long though.

Shit, I remember that story, but I forgot to check back on her recovery.  Is she OK?

• Like 1