Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

I sometimes suffer from acid reflux while I sleep if I eat too late. Nothing like having acid shoot up your nose at 3:30a. Ran out of Zantac so I asked my wife to pick up some more while at the store. She's done this before.

I get this text:

Her: Do want the 50-ct or 100-ct?

Me: Get whichever is cheapest.

Her: Ok.

So - that night we had spaghetti for dinner and since that's one of the meals that might cause issues later I asked her to get me the Zantac. She handed me a travel pack with 2 pills inside.

Me: What the hell is this?

Her: Your Zantac.

Me: I wanted a bottle, not just 2 pills.

Her: You said to get whatever was cheapest and this was cheapest.

Me: But you know I always get a bottle of pills.

Her: This isn't my fault. You said to get what was cheapest.

Me: If you told me to get you maxipads and to get the cheapest would you be happy if I came home with one pad?

Her: uh....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don't know, man.  She asked you a specific question and you gave her a vague answer.  It's almost as if the roles were reversed...

Yeah, I gotta go with Kenny on this one. You know damn well the 100 pills is going to be cheaper per unit than the 50 count. Just tell her to buy the 50 or 100 and leave out the guess work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Modessit said:
2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Did you mean cheapest total cost, or cheapest per dose cost?

Total cost for one bottle so if she had a coupon that let her buy the bigger bottle at a lower cost than the smaller bottle at regular price then do it..

You might as well have told her to do calculus in her head.

• Like 1

No way that was an honest move. She’s just fucking with you because she can. Travel size?  How was that even an option ?
I don't think there's any room in her head for logical thinking. She's got it too full of remembering about Full House and Dawson's Creek episodes.

Just tonight she asked me if our son told me about the prize he got for being good in school. I told her yes and it was book and she said, "What was a book?"
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Modessit said:
7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Did you mean cheapest total cost, or cheapest per dose cost?

Total cost for one bottle so if she had a coupon that let her buy the bigger bottle at a lower cost than the smaller bottle at regular price then do it..

You meant cheaper but said cheapest. She was just following your instructions. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

4 minutes ago, Modessit said:
15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:
You meant cheaper but said cheapest. She was just following your instructions. 

She gave me an either or situation and my comment applied to that scenario. She then changed the options in her mind and applied my answer to the changed scenario.

An either/or scenario demands a comparative. You confused her with a superlative. You should have said "whichever is cheaper."

21 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

No way that was an honest move. She’s just fucking with you because she can. Travel size?  How was that even an option ?

She was thinking about that time, nine years ago, when she was trying to tell him about her day and he was checking game scores on his phone. She now has her revenge. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, kibbles said:

I would just like to thank y’all for these stories. Whenever I feel bad about not having one wife nor one girlfriend.... I just read this thread.  Carry on.

I laugh at some of the dingbat things said by wives/ GF's/ SO's that get shared on here, who hasn't been there?

Then some of the other manipulation and mind-bottling idiotic shit crosses a line, and I am left wondering how long i could live with someone like that.  It usually ends with telling my wife how thankful I am that she's not a cuntiferous, self-centered bitch...and then sometimes sex happens.

Do you get the ones with cheese already mixed in?

I get them at HEB with bacon and cheese. Add a fried egg, toast and my breakfast is a muthafucka.

The old lady is on a security kick, since we got a ring doorbell and she started seeing what goes on in the neighborhood.

Last week she posted a video of herself, claiming it was a 'weird solicitor'.

Also, while she constantly harps on the fact we will be robbed during the daytime, she can't remember to set the alarm when she leaves.

• Like 2

This is my pile. There are many like it around the house, but this one is mine.

My piles are my best friends. They house cards that are years old, expired coupons, receipts for returns that will never be returned, unopened mail and much more.

This pile is special because if he Christmas plate it sits on that never goes away after Christmas.
476992d9c5698f6e1fa063e6dc147fca.jpg
2aa32caa656d7b38c9079dc21b11edc8.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

My piles are my best friends. They house cards that are years old, expired coupons, receipts for returns that will never be returned, unopened mail and much more.

This pile is special because if he Christmas plate it sits on that never goes away after Christmas.

this is my rifle, this is my pile...

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

476992d9c5698f6e1fa063e6dc147fca.jpg
2aa32caa656d7b38c9079dc21b11edc8.jpg

1 hour ago, AM Wood said:

this is my rifle, this is my pile...

Oh that's right, Private Pile, don't make any fucking effort to get sorted through and thrown away as junk mail. If God would have wanted you in the garbage can he would have miracled your ass in there by now, wouldn't he?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So last night the wife and I are sitting on the sofa. I'm watching the Astros game and she is trying to plan the fucking $1,500 family photo session of her dreams. As we sit there, Hector Rondon gives up a game losing grand salami and she realizes that either my daughters or her girl has conflicts on the only available days this year. "Oh well, I guess we'll have to do it next year !!" setting me up for being an asshole who doesn't have a heart enough to reply.  I am quietly fuming at the baseball game when I hear sniffles. Fuck!!! I refuse to look over and make eye contact.  Sniffles turn to almost sobs. I decide to slowly stand and walk to the kitchen. Maybe she won't notice my departure. All hell breaks loose and she storms into the bedroom.  Not much conversation this morning........and that's all good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1