Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

49 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

They are mostly homosexual but they’ve been taught that it’s a sin or some shit. So they cut their hair short, have jizz jars, ban cuss words, talk about old army. Just aggy code. Sex with the wife in the dark, both partners eyes are closed. One of them cries afterward. Different one each time.  

Wife has to whisper "I'm a yell leader" in his ear for him to even get hard. 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have a buddy that played college ball in the SEC and his brother played football and baseball at ATM. They have a bunch of friends in the coaching ranks. One of their buddies was playing Weigman a few weeks ago and they went to watch the game. My friend came back saying that he was the greatest high school player he’s ever witnessed. Take it with a grain of salt but these guys know football. I’m hoping like hell that Weigman focuses on baseball and pisses the midget off. 

There goes CTJ looking to get quoted again on the aggy boards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://247sports.com/college/temple/board/104514/Contents/official-reports-on-head-coach-candidatesfavoritesinterviews-177130499/?page=14

If Fran Brown is the choice at Temple I expect Elijah Robinson to be the target at DC. It's already being discussed on the Temple boards. No clue if Robinson would be willing to make that move though. 

"You have to think that if Fran Brown does become Temple's head football coach there's a decent chance he'll bring Elijah Robinson back to Philadelphia to be his defensive coordinator. That could be a good or not so good thing (the latter being that it may be preferable for a rookie head coach to have experienced coordinators and Robinson hasn't been a coordinator yet).

On the other hand, Mark D'Onofrio had never been a coordinator when Al Golden hired him as his lead defensive assistant when Golden was a new head coach in 2006 and that worked out reasonably well."

I don't think Temple can afford Robinson at DC... he's making around $900K now as DL coach. He'd have to take a significant pay cut which I don't think he would be willing to do.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't think Temple can afford Robinson at DC... he's making around $900K now as DL coach. He'd have to take a significant pay cut which I don't think he would be willing to do.

I have no clue but Robinson probably isn't getting a high profile DC gig because he has no experience. He's a recruiter. Penn State was the perfect opportunity for Robinson to get a high profile DC gig and they picked an experienced/proven playcaller over him. 

In order to move up the ladder he's likely gonna have to become a playcaller at a smaller school where he proves himself. Similar to what Elko is having to do at Duke but from coordinator to head coach. 

49 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I’ve got a buddy with a similar pedigree that said the same thing about Garrett Gilbert when he almost single handedly curb stomped our former high school team in the state finals.  

Yeah, he curb stomped us in the semis. Thought he’d be a sure thing

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I have no clue but Robinson probably isn't getting a high profile DC gig because he has no experience. He's a recruiter. Penn State was the perfect opportunity for Robinson to get a high profile DC gig and they picked an experienced/proven playcaller over him. 

In order to move up the ladder he's likely gonna have to become a playcaller at a smaller school where he proves himself. Similar to what Elko is having to do at Duke but from coordinator to head coach. 

Agreed, that is what I hope Duke is for him. 8&4 can match/beat offers but he might decide now it the time to move up to DC slot

1 minute ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

NSIAP: Walter Nolen not signing during early signing period… how long does it take one to be SEC ready?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/walter-nolen-texas-am-commit-changes-signing-plans-ahead-of-early-period-per-report/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'd have read the thread, you'd have found out the late bag came through and he will be signing tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If you'd have read the thread, you'd have found out the late bag came through and he will be signing tomorrow.

Yep. 

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
Guys, the Aggies are trying to sign the No. 1 class in all of college football. They're recruiting some of the top prospects in America...guys who are being pursued by literally everyone. We're talking about the most competitive recruitments imaginable. You know what's going on behind the scenes as programs around the SEC and down to Austin try to convince some of these guys to change their minds before Wednesday. My advice is to consume all of the info, ride the roller coaster and buckle up. I think the Ags are going to come out of it sitting squarely in the top three if not No. 1 overall. I can also tell you that panicking and running for the cliffs - here or on social media - isn't the best look and it does matter because certain folks will use anything they can as a chance to stoke the fires in the recruiting arena.

Just like in this particular instance. I think it's all going to be good with Walter come Wednesday and these reports will prove to be nothing but a giant distraction.

They've got huge QB issues. That post about all the QB transfers, etc. is very telling. He had one superstar QB - rode it to a NC. Other than that, he isn't what aggie thinks and we should hope they keep extending that delusional contract. Maybe toss in a new NC plaque yearly for good measure. One day they can show recruits a showcase of revisionist history - all the NC they won but ran out of time.  When we enter the SEC, they will have a good defense. Offense he's had 4 years and it's worse that a Herman/Strong QB room.  Maybe Weigman is the solution to toss the ball to the tight end? No idea but history shows ... this was the 4th year for Sumlin err .. Jimbo - my bad same difference.

I do expect us to lose one of ours. Our QB room is rich now. I don't have any insight but my guess would be Card if Casey heals up. Ewers, Casey, Card, Malik, Wright - think I got that correct. Working on Manning for the next. However, Sark has proven - 1 year I'll have you in the first round. And you will have a top OL for protection (Malik - this screams for him - I wouldn't count him out over QE or Arch to start at least one year here and be NFL level).

They do have great DL recruits and will have a stellar class. But look deeper, Sark is selling out to the trenches and that wins - we needed that. We are not SEC ready now but in one year we will have a better showing that aggie has in year 4. Take all the big bodies we can - some will play early - most will shirt, develop and be ready. awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The risk with their class is that there are a lot of out of state mercenaries at the high end. Guys like Nolan, Dindy, Bouie, Moss even a guy like Stewart may all be transfer risks if things don’t go well and early.

Collect a bag, go get another one in the portal after year 1. 

Ehh, Alabama has done pretty well lately with those types.

28 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Ehh, Alabama has done pretty well lately with those types.

That's his point.  Mercenaries are great if they're winning and putting up stats.  But they're very high risk transfer candidates if things don't go well on the field.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Fud said:

What's the latest word on potential attrition (early draft departures and expected portals) from their boards?

Spiller just declared.  (Leal did a few days ago.)  I don't believe Green, Wydermyer, or anyone else has officially decided.

As for portal - only ones I'm aware of (and that show up on the 247 portal page) area Calzada, Norwood and Doyle.

Also - 

image.thumb.png.b8b5a19728605e1fccb13c4d825f2db6.png

Edited by Getafix

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

If you only have 1 qb, he's sort of first team by default.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

nvrmd. kev already said it.

Jimbo says he didn't think King would play in the bowl game, which means walk-on Blake Bost would get the nod.

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/aggies-zach-calzada-blake-bost-haynes-king-gator-bowl-wake-forest-jimbo-fisher-news-update

The Aggies now have concerns at QB come Jan. 31. Former starter Haynes King is still recovering from a fractured leg suffered in Week 2 against Colorado. When asked of his status against the Demon Deacons, Fisher said it's unlikely King would play due to his progress in practice. 

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Spiller just declared.  (Leal did a few days ago.)  I don't believe Green, Wydermyer, or anyone else has officially decided.

As for portal - only ones I'm aware of (and that show up on the 247 portal page) area Calzada, Norwood and Doyle.

I'm aware of who has declared, more wondering which guys are expected to declare or stay, and expected to portal 

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Also - 

image.thumb.png.b8b5a19728605e1fccb13c4d825f2db6.png

Well not after the NFL careers of drafted Bullock versus undrafted Tucker do they count Seth Small.