Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

So I see the timeline for aggy is now being moved back to year 7 or 8 for Jimbo. 
https://gigemgazette.com/2021/12/24/2022-will-rebuilding-year-texas-am-football-team/amp/

"The Texas A&M football team’s future is bright, but it might take a couple more years in Aggieland."

Well those goalposts aren't gonna move themselves, at least not since they stopped playing Texas Tech.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Here's my count on guys who are graduating/going pro early/transfers: 

Spiller, J. Johnson, Green, Peevy, T. Johnson, Clemons, Hansford, O'Neal, Carper, Small, Peavy, and Calzada. 

Two guys that might leave early:

A . Smith and Richardson

They also have some guys with pretty extensive history with injuries that may just medically retire: 

H. Jones, Chapman, Mathews, B. Williams, Jones, etc. 

With NFL, injuries, and transfers they probably lose 20-30 players. With the numbers aggy is taking in recruiting and with transfers they definitely seem to think they're about to see some significant attrition. 

Leal?  Wydermyer?

13 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Leal?  Wydermyer?

Oops. Forgot to list Leal and Wydermyer. 

So based on transfers/players leaving early that's what....14? Could be 15 or 16 dependent on Smith and Richardson. Then you have probably a handful of other guys that will retire or portal. 

It sounds like Norwood and Doyle are also in the portal. I don't think they're going to have any issues losing 25 guys off this current roster. My initial list was based off a couple of these posts. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/transfers/100313240/

Edited by texasstrong12

Based on aggy posts these are the guys they could be pushing out of the program: Orebo, Brian Williams, Kenyon Jackson, Hubbard, Hunter, Mowry, Moten, J. Jefferson. 

I dunno. This seems like a lot of attrition for a program that's looking to win in the next year or 2.  A ton of incoming talent but I don't think their roster is really all that spectacular currently. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I was talking with friends involved nationally with CFB and they said they expect high attrition from the ATM roster ahead of next season and that Fisher is loading the roster with guys who might be dudes, but who also are not good characters. Normally the same folks are glowing about Fisher’s recruiting so hearing them get real about it for once got me curious. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

So for the roster dorks, what does this incoming class do across the board to the ATM roster? 

I was talking with friends of mine that are really involved nationally with CFB and they said they expect high attrition from the ATM roster ahead of next season and that Fisher is loading the roster with guys who might be dudes, but who also are not good characters. Normally the same folks are glowing about Fisher’s recruiting so hearing them get real about it for once got me curious. 

@closetojumping Are they talking about high attrition from the current rister to make room for the new guys, or are they meaning actually losing a number of these new recruits before their first game?

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

It should be a rebuild year for A&M, barring Max Johnson being really good and/or A&M getting several impact transfer starters 

They're already framing it that way. I don't think people realize how much talent aggy wasted this year. 

They had major issues at certain positions but in terms of top end NFL talent Jimbo may never have a roster as good as this season. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

They're already framing it that way. 

Well, it’s true. The last two years were the years to make noise for them, with the senior Mond and old OL two years ago, and the experienced roster with a lot of draft picks and weak schedule last year.

Their team should most likely take a step back from the past two this year 

Just now, Fud said:

Well, it’s true. The last two years were the years to make noise for them, with the senior Mond and old OL two years ago, and the experienced roster with a lot of draft picks and weak schedule last year.

Oh for sure. I think they're a 7-5 or 8-4 team next season. If things go right 9-3. 

It's why @Rickylovesweed has been hammering this bet with @George Clooney

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fud said:

Replacing Colorado with Miami will be tougher, but who knows how they'll be early in year 1 of Mario.

Replacing Mizzou with a Napier coached Floroda, although that's a home game for aggy.

Road games at Bama', Auburn, Mississippi State, and SC.

Even the cup cakes are better than they're used to facing in SHSU and App State.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

So for the roster dorks, what does this incoming class do across the board to the ATM roster? 

I was talking with friends of mine that are really involved nationally with CFB and they said they expect high attrition from the ATM roster ahead of next season and that Fisher is loading the roster with guys who might be dudes, but who also are not good characters. Normally the same folks are glowing about Fisher’s recruiting so hearing them get real about it for once got me curious. 

I mean the arrests are already starting to pile up for their current roster. McKinley Jackson even got a felony charge with video evidence and lab results on the drugs but they’re still playing him. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

i'm worried we won't be able to field a team because everyone will be in prison :(

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

so stores selling crabs legs and his new wife should be scared as fuck.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

IT dropped a lot of hints that King's dad dislikes/hates JImbo. It's always been a weird fit. 

As the poster above pointed out, I'm not sure King has options. He'd already be at LSU if they'd have him. 

A longview friend that played with him told me he'd be at LSU had they had room. At the time all the smoke was Tennessee but the presence of Bailey killed their chances. With Bailey in the portal does Tennessee take another look?

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Are these the same friends who predicted a mutiny at A&M heading into the Alabama game? 

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Are these the same friends who predicted a mutiny at A&M heading into the Alabama game? 

I mean pretty much everyone was expecting a mutiny following what was supposed to be a Bama blowout. Their boards were melting down already. That win saved them from a midseason meltdown of six proportions. Fuck a&m tho. Delaying the inevitable.

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

they said a mutiny if they got blown out in the bama game. obviously that didn't happen.

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Yeah, no one predicted that. It’s fun revisionist history to whip up your own bastardization of a concept and call it history though. I remember earlier this season when you were campaigning for Casey Thompson Heisman candidacy but I’m not sitting here saying you ever outright said he’d win. 

No, not the same people anyway. ATM people were saying that there was growing concern of player plans to put up good film against Bama for the NFL and then if things went sideways, opt out after that game either overtly or with newfound injuries. ATM $9.95ers eventually began reporting on this as well and it stemmed from a text chain that people actually got to read with guys like Spiller, Green and Wydermeyer on it.  

Go ahead, pull up the posts and show me where your version is anything more than drive-by bullshit. 

On 12/26/2021 at 8:56 AM, Dutchrudder said:

Well those goalposts aren't gonna move themselves, at least not since they stopped playing Texas Tech.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We moved the goalposts for them. This is the first signing class after the SEC announcement. Beating us becomes a bigger motivator that winning championships. They knew they had to go big to restock before we’re on their schedule again

Dumbo and the rest of the goobers in colley station will do everything in their power both legally and otherwise to have us and blow u wait it out as long as possible before we can be admitted to the SEC. One of dumbos selling points has always been their conference. Once we join they will become third rated in Texas, mark my words.

7 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Dumbo and the rest of the goobers in colley station will do everything in their power both legally and otherwise to have us and blow u wait it out as long as possible before we can be admitted to the SEC. One of dumbos selling points has always been their conference. Once we join they will become third rated in Texas, mark my words.

They're not going to do jackshit. They have no power in this.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 3