Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, Gidnik said:

you dont have to make it public knowledge. 

You don't, but it's to your advantage that players know you're doing big things in the NIL realm.

Aggy is just paying players illegally, like they have for much of their fruitless existence. It would be a shame if they got caught.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

I would be interested to hear in your words how this historic class was achieved with details of the messaging/methods used.

in order, i would say:

1. jimbo fisher: the guy has been known as one of the best recruiters in college football his entire career and i think finished top 3-5 every year at florida state. he learned good lessons from saban and bowden here. he's also assembled a staff of pretty great recruiters both on and off field. 

2. the weird region: ou's coach left. lsu's coach left. texas stumbled through season one of a new staff on the field. that's a historically bizarre anomaly that allowed a&m to take advantage of:

3. the absurd amount of talent in state: this class just happened to be one of those cycles that had a ton of talent, and a lot of it happened to be in houston where there was a bit of a domino effect. 

4. we're paying: but really no more than anyone else, as much as the websites want to give us credit for directing strategic oil reserves to various churches. 

should be entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, bizzle said:

in order, i would say:

1. jimbo fisher: the guy has been known as one of the best recruiters in college football his entire career and i think finished top 3-5 every year at florida state. he learned good lessons from saban and bowden here. he's also assembled a staff of pretty great recruiters both on and off field. 

2. the weird region: ou's coach left. lsu's coach left. texas stumbled through season one of a new staff on the field. that's a historically bizarre anomaly that allowed a&m to take advantage of:

3. the absurd amount of talent in state: this class just happened to be one of those cycles that had a ton of talent, and a lot of it happened to be in houston where there was a bit of a domino effect. 

4. we're paying: but really no more than anyone else, as much as the websites want to give us credit for directing strategic oil reserves to various churches. 

should be entertaining. 

you left out marshall malchow

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You don't, but it's to your advantage that players know you're doing big things in the NIL realm.

Aggy is just paying players illegally, like they have for much of their fruitless existence. It would be a shame if they got caught.

i promise that every player knows what they are doing. 

6 minutes ago, bizzle said:

in order, i would say:

should be entertaining. 

Dude you just need to embrace it and come out of denial. Everyone knows that A&M is paying record amounts for guys like Walter Nolen, Enai White, Denver Harris, and Evan Stewart. Otherwise none of those guys would have even considered A&M. 

It is what it is. I understand why you don't want to believe it but you just gotta accept it and move on.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Aw, cute. Shemar Stewart, Groves-Killebrew, and Walter Nolen just really loved good ole Jimbo, and wanted to be a part of the Houston movement.

Enai White, Deyon Bouie, Leveon Moss, Anthony Lucas, maybe Shemar Stewart.

But yeah I'm sure kids from all those places just love College Station and really want to play for an 8-4 team with no DC and no champs in 80 years, all because "got Jimbo!"

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, speed817 said:

you left out marshall malchow

no, i mentioned on and off field. he was part of a pretty great operation, and we need to replace him with someone of a similar caliber. 

on the out of state kids, elijah robinson is a badass and james coley has a ton of connections in georgia. but if you prefer to believe we're giving each kid a car dealership to visit, that probably doesn't hurt the narrative moving forward. 

• Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Dude you just need to embrace it and come out of denial. Everyone knows that A&M is paying record amounts for guys like Walter Nolen, Enai White, Denver Harris, and Evan Stewart. Otherwise none of those guys would have even considered A&M. 

It is what it is. I understand why you don't want to believe it but you just gotta accept it and move on.

you-may-not-like-it-but-accept-it-wwf.gi

30 minutes ago, bizzle said:

no, i mentioned on and off field. he was part of a pretty great operation, and we need to replace him with someone of a similar caliber. 

on the out of state kids, elijah robinson is a badass and james coley has a ton of connections in georgia. but if you prefer to believe we're giving each kid a car dealership to visit, that probably doesn't hurt the narrative moving forward. 

You’re such a pussy. Just embrace what y’all are doing. It’s working, stop trying to sell it as anything but blatant bag dropping. 

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Let’s just call it the old plug and pay system.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, bizzle said:

in order, i would say:

should be entertaining. 

What's depressing is that I know you genuinely believe all of these things.  I'd almost prefer a troll post than this sad collection of rationalizations.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What's depressing is that I know you genuinely believe all of these things.  I'd almost prefer a troll post than this sad collection of rationalizations.  

Every aggy, no matter how hard they try to make you believe they aren't nearly as fucked up and full of shit as their brethren, eventually shows their ass and lets you know they are as fucked up and full of shit as their brethren. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Imagine still thinking your program is taking the high road after hiring notorious slimeball Jimbo Fisher, multiple offseason player arrests, continuing to let an indicted felon play all season, blatantly cheating at historic levels, and possibly hiring a coach that literally got one of his own players killed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It is amusing because aggy is near the top in major NCAA infractions. 

They have a long history of cheating with no results but somehow they think it’s all of a sudden above board. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, just shut the fuck up. Either you're too far in the tank to understand the level of nouveau riche silliness your alumni base can often stoop to, or you're actively playing stupid on this board because equivocating seems like some sort of dandy strategy to avoid just being honest and admitting your school is dirtier than a pig in shit. Whichever it is, it's tedious and pathetic. Sell stupid somewhere else. Take deceptiveness and shove it up your fat ass.

i'm starting to worry about you. maybe form another s corp. 

and i have no idea if it's going to translate to more than 8 or 9 wins, but that's the fun part. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i'm starting to worry about you. maybe form another s corp. 

and i have no idea if it's going to translate to more than 8 or 9 wins, but that's the fun part. 

I thought the fun part was the really abrupt drop that comes right after the highest point of the hill climb.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Fightin' aggies fightin' o'er DJ Durkin.

image.thumb.png.f510a148ce25c195759fdd05d088efd1.png

assuming money is similar, Ole Miss hotties v aggy hotties + Jimbo is an easy choice.

Jimbo needs durkin way more than freshwater does, so I imaging Jimbo drops his drawers...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Fightin' aggies fightin' o'er DJ Durkin.

image.thumb.png.f510a148ce25c195759fdd05d088efd1.png

Jimbo in a bidding war for Durkin is easily one of my favorite things of the offseason so far. Pay that man 4 mil per year on a 3 year guaranteed contract. You know you want to Jimbo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't really get what aggy is doing with this Co-DC thing either. 

If Santucci isn't good enough to call plays why would you give him the Co-DC title over Robinson? Robinson is eventually going to have a G5 school offer him a DC gig and he will bounce. 

It's just a title but I would be offering everything in an attempt to keep Robinson. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bizzle said:

this is funny.  the mantra has moved from "we aren't paying, and then the trans am/fedex envelope shows up" to "we aren't paying any more than anyone else and then...."

but then aggy has always believed his own bullshit.  good luck with the class.  with  4 auto wins it should easily be 10+ wins a year with Jimbo and co. in year 5.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

remember when Malik Jefferson wouldn't go to A&M without knowing his DC?

image.thumb.png.2a30850a213de01809ae273ad44b5111.png

image.thumb.png.6b5be4ef415674a784d7cf4afce28d41.png

just to be clear, we are to believe that the overall #2, #5 (Perkins, not signed yet so only a commit) #16, #37, #50, #56, #66 and #69 players in the country were ok with A&M without them having a DC just because they loved the school?

sure i will give you perkins (#5) , Bryce Anderson (#56) and Sylla (#66) may have some underlying love for A&M but are we to believe that top 100 defensive players from Tenn, FL, PA, AZ and GA were on board with coming to a program without a DC or knowing what scheme they were coming to just because they got paid the same $$ as everyone else was offering? lol

walter fucking nolan is literally the highest ranked composite recruit in A&M's history. but sure. he had some deep, underlying love for the program.

let's say that they knew they hired Durkin weeks ago - in what universe does he actually move that needle? no seriously. Elko was a very good coach. Durkin is known for literally killing a kid and has been at Ole Miss for like 2 seasons. let's not act like they came because of him lol

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

remember when Malik Jefferson wouldn't go to A&M without knowing his DC?

image.thumb.png.2a30850a213de01809ae273ad44b5111.png

image.thumb.png.6b5be4ef415674a784d7cf4afce28d41.png

just to be clear, we are to believe that the overall #2, #5 (Perkins, not signed yet so only a commit) #16, #37, #50, #56, #66 and #69 players in the country were ok with A&M without them having a DC just because they loved the school?

sure i will give you perkins (#5) , Bryce Anderson (#56) and Sylla (#66) may have some underlying love for A&M but are we to believe that top 100 defensive players from Tenn, FL, PA, AZ and GA were on board with coming to a program without a DC or knowing what scheme they were coming to just because they got paid the same $$ as everyone else was offering? lol

walter fucking nolan is literally the highest ranked composite recruit in A&M's history. but sure. he had some deep, underlying love for the program.

let's say that they knew they hired Durkin weeks ago - in what universe does he actually move that needle? no seriously. Elko was a very good coach. Durkin is known for literally killing a kid and has been at Ole Miss for like 2 seasons. let's not act like they came because of him lol

There's no point arguing with aggy when it comes to logic. Remember, these muttonheads believe they're the greatest institution in the entire world. 

Half will straight deny any clandestine involvement (don't lie, cheat, or steal bullshit), while the other half will be braggadocious about how the ordained dynasty is finally being engineered.

Granted, these are all aggys engineering "the sleeping giant," so just sit back and watch them derp it up.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is the interesting thing about adding all of these 5 star caliber players. They will want to play in year 1. 

Adding a bunch of transfers that take snaps away from those guys probably isn't going to fly. Jimbo is gonna have to give reps to all these young and talented players but that normally = growing pains. 

I get the idea that's the path aggy is taking because Liucci is already framing it as such. Let's see how aggy feels about a couple more 8-4 type seasons with the "we're young and talented" excuse. 

52 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I get the idea that's the path aggy is taking because Liucci is already framing it as such. Let's see how aggy feels about a couple more 8-4 type seasons with the "we're young and talented" excuse. 

i mean, this is absolutely who they are.

image.png.b693ee00687d926624a25a117c18b46c.png

just rounding up/down on those yearly avg are pretty hilarious to me. good job on paying Jimbo how much guaranteed to win, on avg  more game a year than Sumlin (which includes that 8-1 COVID year in there)

image.png.38de062d145341ebbc3f58d7051a5f94.png

it's beautiful. in hiring Jimbo their results are no closer to winning a division championship (not even talking about a national championship) than they were with Sumlin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bizzle said:

in order, i would say:

should be entertaining. 

You responded to this bait!  Why wouldn't you simply ignore the post and let the board ADHD pivot to wingspans, lacrosse, CFS, or any of a number of other unrelated topics?  Having said that, thank you...it has made my afternoon reading on Surly more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Let’s also keep in mind that if aggy was somehow getting these kids with pacesetting NIL deals, they’d be doing everything they could as an institution to brag about it. 

Just like they have about everything they could in the past. 

There’s a reason they aren’t really talking about it. 

Bizzle is futureman level trolling at this point.

Everyone, not just Texas, but EVERYONE is talking about aggy going all out to buy the #1 class. Fisher all but admitted it when asked about NIL. Lucci has implied the class was bought, but using super secret NIL that aggy has decided not to brag about for the first time in the history of anything.

After all of that, Bizzle comes here proposing that this was all up and up, similar $ to what the other players were paying but dadgum Jimbo Fisher just found a way to get'er done where Saban, Smart, etc fell short?

Give me a break. There's no way he possibly believes that bullshit. Anyone with eyes and the ability to pass a 2nd grade standardized test can look at the context clues and reasonably determine what happened here.

Bizzle is just poking the hornets nest by pretending to be this naive. We all know how this class happened. The thing we likely DO disagree on is whether Jimbo will do a damn thing with all of this talent. That is actually a topic worth a reasonable debate.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Let’s also keep in mind that if aggy was somehow getting these kids with pacesetting NIL deals, they’d be doing everything they could as an institution to brag about it. 

Just like they have about everything they could in the past. 

There’s a reason they aren’t really talking about it. 

they literally cannot have a high school recruit sign a pacesetting NIL deal (or use it as inducement to sign their  LOI heh) but yeah, they aren't crowing about it because it didn't happen

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Enai White, Deyon Bouie, Leveon Moss, Anthony Lucas, maybe Shemar Stewart.

But yeah I'm sure kids from all those places just love College Station and really want to play for an 8-4 team with no DC and no champs in 80 years, all because "got Jimbo!"

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is the interesting thing about adding all of these 5 star caliber players. They will want to play in year 1. 

Adding a bunch of transfers that take snaps away from those guys probably isn't going to fly. Jimbo is gonna have to give reps to all these young and talented players but that normally = growing pains. 

*8-4feit 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

they literally cannot have a high school recruit sign a pacesetting NIL deal (or use it as inducement to sign their  LOI heh) but yeah, they aren't crowing about it because it didn't happen

I know this, but their boards are calling it that though. My point is, they would never do all that and not claim some kind of trophy for it.