Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

13 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So this game was played on Sept 1st in East Lansing and UM played their opener exactly 24 hours later in Ann Arbor...

What the actual fuck??? This gets more bizarre the farther down the rabbit hole you go. Seriously, this HAS to be an intentional effort to torpedo Harbaugh, couldn’t happen to a better guy, but still.

At the announcement of the whole Covid fiasco, I figured “meh… he’ll just bail for the NFL and that’s the end of it”. Worst-case scenario Directional Michigan gets the Death Penalty. I really don’t want to care, but every day some bat-shit crazy info comes out. Farther up thread I said that he must have pissed off somebody important, but holy crap this looks like an all-out fatwa. NCAA investigations take forever and any info is rumor or conjecture. The fact that so much has come out in a couple of weeks tells me that this has been a long time coming.  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Auto Driller said:

Did they really need to cheat to beat CMU? Aren’t they supposedly a powerhouse? By all means, Michigan, go ahead and give Harbaugh that contract extension. It will make the court battle after his show-cause penalty a lot more interesting.

CMU played Mich State on Sept 1st. He was on the CMU sideline to scout Mich State. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Did they really need to cheat to beat CMU? Aren’t they supposedly a powerhouse? By all means, Michigan, go ahead and give Harbaugh that contract extension. It will make the court battle after his show-cause penalty a lot more interesting.

He was on the CMU sidelines collecting the MSU signs.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USC_TMB said:

What the actual fuck??? This gets more bizarre the farther down the rabbit hole you go. Seriously, this HAS to be an intentional effort to torpedo Harbaugh, couldn’t happen to a better guy, but still.

At the announcement of the whole Covid fiasco, I figured “meh… he’ll just bail for the NFL and that’s the end of it”. Worst-case scenario Directional Michigan gets the Death Penalty. I really don’t want to care, but every day some bat-shit crazy info comes out. Farther up thread I said that he must have pissed off somebody important, but holy crap this looks like an all-out fatwa. NCAA investigations take forever and any info is rumor or conjecture. The fact that so much has come out in a couple of weeks tells me that this has been a long time coming.  

Just now, Auto Driller said:

So this is potentially Stallion at the CMU vs Michigan State game.  I don't think it is him. I think it is a GA for CMU.

But the sheer insanity that we are even considering it as a possibility speaks to how little people have trust in Michigan to police this or how little people have faith in the idea that Michigan wouldn't send their sign spy guy to see if they can help embarrass Michigan State by losing to CMU.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Juicy said:

Absolutely. Look at that chart it is insanity that "the greatest" rivalry in college football was that one sided. For 20 years I would get so hyped up every morning, get ready and think there was a chance. Then just dick punched for 18 of 20 years.  That 2018 and 2019 game really put it over the top. Yeah there were some whoopings when Michigan wasn't that good under cHoke and DickRod but to see Ohio state put up 108 points in 2 games was gross. 

Relative. We don't give a shit about either one of yall past what it can do to help our ranking. Living out west, no one gives a fuck about their own team much less yall. The Carolinas will tell you the best rivalry is UNC-Duke. If its cold, there is rust on the vehicles, and someone is wearing jorts, then they care about Michigan-OSU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Relative. We don't give a shit about either one of yall past what it can do to help our ranking. Living out west, no one gives a fuck about their own team much less yall. The Carolinas will tell you the best rivalry is UNC-Duke. If its cold, there is rust on the vehicles, and someone is wearing jorts, then they care about Michigan-OSU.

I'm entertained by the audacity of the two schools.

THE Ohio State and if anyone else wants to use THE, they're gonna sue you.
"The Game" - there are no other rivalry games. It doesn't matter that the rest of the country considers it just another rivalry week matchup.
Michigan for years bragged about how they were better than everyone else because they didn't have stadium lights, because they were too good for night games. 
Ohio State's president writing a letter about how OSU is a better school than Florida and that explains the curb stomping in '06.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Greatest rivalry in CFB is Army/Navy

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 4:45 PM, markstanco said:

Good point.  Most were against the Casey Horny hire by Herman, but some were fine with it using the "its in the past" argument. 

How we forget. Another one I forgot about was the OSU assistant coach that had a meltdown. The one that banged a student or intern and was going to drop the pod that crushed Herman. I wonder what happened to him? 

5 hours ago, PW119 said:

Yeah, but why is Stallions on the SIDELINE in the CMU/MSU game?  If you're collecting data to be used against MSU, just follow the usual MO and get video from the stands.  Was he conveying sign info to CMU?  This is nuts.

I don't think it was really him, but the argument would be that he was helping out CMU using last year's MSU signs to see how well it worked so potentially an in state rival would lose to a MAC team...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gatormarc said:

"The Game" - there are no other rivalry games. It doesn't matter that the rest of the country considers it just another rivalry week matchup.
Michigan for years bragged about how they were better than everyone else because they didn't have stadium lights, because they were too good for night games. 
Ohio State's president writing a letter about how OSU is a better school than Florida and that explains the curb stomping in '06.

Try living there. Almost 20 years ago I lived up there. Being there around all those Ohio State fans was miserable. Seriously. They acted like there was no way Texas could hold up against them. Like we were some directional school you schedule for a early season tuneup. That is why nothing was sweeter than beating them in their stadium in 05, then again in 08, and then watching them get their ass whipped regularly by SEC teams. They are the most arrogant fanbase I have ever been around.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I don't think it was really him, but the argument would be that he was helping out CMU using last year's MSU signs to see how well it worked so potentially an in state rival would lose to a MAC team...

Stalions was some kinda rain man and he mighta been decoding signs in real time.  He was helping CMU because Harbaugh is a petulant twit.

Hahaha, it just keeps getting worse. At this point Michigan just needs to cut their losses with Stalions and stop the farcical "investigation."

Just release a statement saying he has been terminated and he was absolutely doing anything people have suspected him of and probably worse; say it was terrible and he has been terminated. Then pay him off and hope it stops there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Getting my car worked on this morning and saw a guy in a Michigan hat.  I asked him if he's been gets lot of shit about the hat.

Him- well yeah, always do, it's a national brand.

Me- I mean over the last couple of weeks.

Him- oh that's such bullshit.  Harbaugh would never do that.

Me- 

No Way What GIF by NBA

In fairness, it was a visor so was undoubtedly a douchier Michigan fan. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, gatormarc said:

image.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Try living there. Almost 20 years ago I lived up there. Being there around all those Ohio State fans was miserable. Seriously. They acted like there was no way Texas could hold up against them. Like we were some directional school you schedule for a early season tuneup. That is why nothing was sweeter than beating them in their stadium in 05, then again in 08, and then watching them get their ass whipped regularly by SEC teams. They are the most arrogant fanbase I have ever been around.

I went to a watch party for our BCS title game against them. One of the guests was an Ohio State fan. This wasn't the kind of group that did any sort of trash talking or ribbing. Just a generally friendly group. They scored on the opening kickoff and he pulled out his keys and was telling everyone to go home. I don't think he made it to the end of the game.

Their fans were also a bit surprised after the fact when they took the "academic high road" to find out that Florida is a much better school than Ohio State. It just wasn't something they could comprehend.

Edited by gatormarc

According to the Michigan 9.95 groups. Appears that Michigan thinks that this will blow over and not become a major issue to keep Harbaugh around for a long time.

Henschke followed that up with a tweet saying that there is "some hypothesizing that the contract will likely mean Michigan is Jim Harbaugh's last job." For his part, Sam Webb posted an article headlined "Harbaugh extension process no longer paused."

It seems likely Michigan will announce a new contract that makes Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in the Big Ten, and it sounds like for the first time it will have a significant buyout if Harbaugh wants to leave. Given that he's been at Michigan for ten years and has never had anything like that in his contract, if that does come to fruition it would be a statement that he's sticking in Ann Arbor long-term.

A lot of people are taking this as good news in regards to the NCAA violations Stalions was racking up. I agree, at least partially. It beggars belief that Michigan would move forward with the contract unless they had completed their review of everyone's laptops, phones, etc., and found no evidence that Stalions's "vast network" was anything other than his personal project. Certainly at Harbaugh's level, and likely all the way down the list. The contract proceeding means that if we were going to hear about additional suspensions/firings/personnel being launched into the sun, we would hear about them now. No news is good news.

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Poor Jim McElwain is caught up in another “is it him?” photo controversy. I honestly feel bad for the guy. 

The fact that CM has no clue who this person is in the photos is confirmation to me that this is the same guy and he’s batshit crazy. 

This thing gets more absurd by the day. The latest, that Michigan is apparently doubling down and extending the cheating fuck while all of this is going on is about as brazen a fuck you as one could offer to the rest of the CFB world. Fuck these people. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan