Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

The most appropriate punishment for me would be a 3 year postseason ban starting this year, forfeiture of all wins the past 3 years and a reduction of scholarships equivalent to the amount of games they cheated, to be staggered over the next 10 seasons. Harbaugh and the ad to be fired this year and an apology from the Michigan president nationally televised on the field 15 minutes before our game with them next year in Ann arbor. That to me would be justice. 

Not only apologize but the Michigan president must also go through each of the most egregious cheats specifically and say why they were wrong.  Minimum of a 10 minute speech.

Actually let's make that Harbaugh must do this before he is fired right before our game with them next year, then they fly him to Columbus and walk him through the streets for 30 minutes game of thrones style. 

All that to me would be an appropriate deterent for future cheating. 

No, Harbaugh must walk through the streets of each school they scouted illegally for 30 minutes game of thrones style. There, that is appropriate.  

57 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t think Michigan deserves to go to the CFP. But if Ohio state loses to them with all this shitstorm Michigan is in and without their head coach, the buckeyes don’t deserve to go either.

The pressure is so high on Michigan to win this weekend. Not having Harbaugh obviously hurts because Sherrone has been ultra conservative running the show, but the pressure to prove that they can win without whatever was going on with Stalions is enormous. 

They lose this weekend and it doesn't only knock them out of the playoffs this year, but hurts the previous two championship years as well. 

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

The pressure is so high on Michigan to win this weekend. Not having Harbaugh obviously hurts because Sherrone has been ultra conservative running the show, but the pressure to prove that they can win without whatever was going on with Stalions is enormous. 

They lose this weekend and it doesn't only knock them out of the playoffs this year, but hurts the previous two championship years as well. 

Michigan is going to vacate every win from 2021-2023 at the minimum.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Are you saying that you don't think that Sherrone is running Harbaugh's game plan? Because he is still coaching, except during the game. This change for the last couple of weeks was designed to make Day think UM has gone ultra conservative, Individual play calls might not be scripted, but an overall vision of how UofM calls the game is 100% in tune with how Harbs wants.

I'm not so sure the conservative game plan of the last two games has been designed to try to fool Ohio State into thinking they are just going to be an ultra conservative team now.  Probably more like "we can be very conservative and still win these two games", and it almost bit them against Maryland.

I mean I definitely agree that the general vision of how they want to run the game comes from Harbaugh during the week, but when they're in the stadium and the game is actually happening, Sherrone can't exactly phone a friend back at the hotel and ask whether they should go for it on 4th and 2 from the Ohio State 40 or not.  Some of those calls have to come from him in the moment, and it seems like, at least against 2 overmatched opponents, he is more likely to be conservative than to gamble.  I'd like to see how he handles it when forced into a position where he basically HAS to roll the dice, he just hasn't been challenged into that yet. 

It will be interesting to see how the gameplan differs for Ohio State, that's for sure.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is interesting....

Yeah you get used to knowing where the play is coming from/going to and you get lazy.

Michigan’s “plan” to play conservative against may not have been a plan.  Combine the facts they were blind and now had a new guy calling plays and they might not have been able to do anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

This weekends game is going to be pretty funny. Both teams want to eat up clock and give the other team 5-6 total possessions. There are going to be a TON of Commercial/Kick or Punt/Commercial breaks in this one just for the sheer volume of clock winding that is going to happen. 

Michigan (aside from 1 game) has done a great job not turning it over. I don't see Iowa being able to move the football against Michigan's defense at all. I think it will depend on if Iowa tries to get on the board with a garbage time FG, or actually tries for the touchdown if they will end up losing something like 24-0 or 24-3.

Iowa 3 Meatchicken 2

Meatchicken fumbles in their own red zone on first possession. Iowa runs three plays, loses eleven yards and kicks a 41-yard FG. Meatchicken punts seven times, finally pinning Iowa on their own 3-yard line with five seconds left, fourth and 17. Iowa punter runs around for three seconds and then takes a knee with two ticks left. Iowa punter then kicks it 61 yards, Meatchicken runs the rugby play and gains thirteen yards as time expires. Chaos ensues.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

It also depends on if they got Iowas signs before getting busted. 

I could give you Iowa’s signs. One is “handoff to a stationary RB to crash into the middle of the line.” Another is “overthrow or rocket the ball to a WR on the sideline.” The third is “pass to a TE in the flat.”

Done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Iowa 3 Meatchicken 2

Meatchicken fumbles in their own red zone on first possession. Iowa runs three plays, loses eleven yards and kicks a 41-yard FG. Meatchicken punts seven times, finally pinning Iowa on their own 3-yard line with five seconds left, fourth and 17. Iowa punter runs around for three seconds and then takes a knee with two ticks left. Iowa punter then kicks it 61 yards, Meatchicken runs the rugby play and gains thirteen yards as time expires. Chaos ensues.

How about this scenario - Michigan up 23 - 21 with 11 seconds left, punting on 4th and 2. Whoa he has trouble with the snap, Iowa blocks the kick (well really recovers the dropped snap) and runs it back for a winning TD. 
I know this sounds super crazy like something that would never happen

Spoiler

never happen again that is

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

How about this scenario - Michigan up 23 - 21 with 11 seconds left, punting on 4th and 2. Whoa he has trouble with the snap, Iowa blocks the kick (well really recovers the dropped snap) and runs it back for a winning TD. 

I would love it. I am afraid that Cooper Dejean being hurt just makes Iowa winning that much more impossible. That guy is good.

52 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hide contents

never happen again that is

Literally the only thing more improbable than that scenario happening twice is Iowa having 21 points in a football game against a ranked opponent. They haven't since 2019.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 2:41 PM, Tex Long said:

Bet the under.

One of the talking heads mentioned that Iowa has hit the under nine times in a row.

If you started with a 110 bet - on the under - and won, and added that $100 to your bet, and kept going, nine in a row, you'd be sitting with $37,054 in your pot.

Roll it again? What's the O/U on this game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

One of the talking heads mentioned that Iowa has hit the under nine times in a row.

If you started with a 110 bet - on the under - and won, and added that $100 to your bet, and kept going, nine in a row, you'd be sitting with $37,054 in your pot.

Roll it again? What's the O/U on this game?

It is funny that even Vegas can't comprehend how bad Iowa's O is.  And how bad the B1G offenses are in general.

Edited by dcar00

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It is funny that even Vegas can't comprehend how bad Iowa's O is.  And how bad the B1G offenses are in general.

Looks like O/U is 34.5 or 35.5 depending on the book. Those seem a little high given the two are defensive standouts, but weather not a factor indoors. A 34-0 blowout would win, or 24-10... hmmm... Under.

I know there are changes year to year, but as of right now, Michigan has #s 2, 3, 7, & 8 on the schedule for next year. I guess it is a good think they are going to a 12 team playoff. Don't think they are going to three peat the undefeated regular season again next year. 

Just now, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

If I'm Harbaugh, I counter that offer with $12M per year and remove the whole thing about not pursuing NFL jobs. 

If you're Harbough you're not signing an extension with Michigan period. Some decent jobs with some talented teams will be opening up. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan