Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

As a michigan fan I obviously want to keep him, if he leaves I hope he leaves our DC Minter at michigan. Promote Moore to HC. If he leaves he brought me a natty 3 BIG titles in a row and 3 in a row against osu. He took us from the gutter and built the ultimate team. What he gave me this year was unbelievable. I never thought when I joined ( the old site) I would ever experience what longhorns did in 2005 but I have. I will always have this season. I will always feel the joy I did the 1st time watching it as I do on replay for the 300th time. Thank you Jim and I hope you get your Super Bowl. GO BLUE

• Hook 'Em 9

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

Yeah. The idiots that are ranking this Michigan in the same group as 19 LSU, 05 Texas, 04 USC, and 01 Miami are all smoking crack. Michigan was just another team that won it all. Hats off to em. But McCarthy doesnt strike fear in the hearts of other teams like Burrow or Young. Corum isnt in the same stratosphere as Bush or Portis. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Michigan fan/alum here. I think I am in the supermajority of us that are like "hope he stays but, if not, thanks man. Go get a Super Bowl unless you play the Lions." The feeling walking out of NRG last week was the same, but with overwhelming euphoria. Hasn't changed much since and I am a degenerate message boarder and text threader.

Not too worried about the second NSD, either. Almost all of the key plays from the defense are back next year (safeties, CB1, DTs, etc.), the OL ran 2-deep with high-level players, Donovan Edwards/Mullings will be great at RB. Only questions will be CB2, QB, and potentially WR with some unproven guys there. If we get a transfer portal QB or Orji steps up, offense should be fine enough to win around 10 and make the playoff and then flame out.

Really looking forward to playing UT next fall. We owe you for the "Holy shit this Vince Young guy is gonna be something next year" Rose Bowl game, and My BIL is a UT alum and is flying up from Austin to A2 to watch with me.

• Hook 'Em 6

Problem is Regent Bernstein and insisting on a fired for cause clause tied to the COVID cheeseburgers. We know Stalions-gate will be nothing based on NCAA prez statements. Harbaugh's camp wants the carveout, Bernstein is insisting on the clause and has at lease one Regent with him. Everyone wants Regents vote to be unanimous. Harbaugh feels like UM isn't showing him the love and his negotiating camp is being aggressive instead of "Michigan-gentlemanly" about it, which is ruffling some feathers. Also, expect Warde or Harbaugh gone by summer, regardless -- that well is poisoned, even though Warde is trying to save his ass by pivoting to do everything to get the contract done.

Also heard that Harbaugh walked into LAC interview with a huge list of demands, many tied to the nepotism in the LAC organization tied to the owners' relatives as well as control/job security in general, and LAC was like "shrug, okay." Good leverage for Jimmy.

Source: Am somewhere between friends and good friends with a Pro-Harbaugh Regent. Enough to drink and hang together, but not enough to like go on vacation or anything like that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Also, be mindful of taking what JUB says as gospel. He's a good guy. Our kids are at the same small elementary  school BUT ... just like Sam Webb, he's sometimes only fed part of the story and can be used as a mouthpiece to advance certain camps' agenda. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, choripan said:

Also, be mindful of taking what JUB says as gospel. He's a good guy. Our kids are at the same small elementary  school BUT ... just like Sam Webb, he's sometimes only fed part of the story and can be used as a mouthpiece to advance certain camps' agenda. 

Seems like JUB is usually Jimmy's mouthpiece. He obviously wants to get out Jim's side because to all these fans they couldn't care less about a morality clause. Stephen Ross can pay the contract off if Michigan is forced to Fire Harbaugh (Don't see it happening) by the NCAA. 

Even if Burgergate leads to a year long suspension, which would be excessive, it is worth it IMO to lock harbaugh up for the rest of his career. If he is out for a year, it would give him a year to recharge, and the continuity would be there. Plus it would give Sherrone a full year of running the program experience for whenever he gets his shot. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Juicy said:

Signing day already happened. Once they moved it to two signing days, the February 1 became no big deal. 

Last year he interviewed with the Vikings ON the Feb Signing day. It worked out alright. 

Also, now the rules are different now.

Anyone who has signed an NLI can request a release without penalty and anyone on campus has 30 days to enter the portal once a head coach leaves.

this is kind of bullshit on the part of Jim and he is starting to look like a bigger asshole than usual

Michigan paid him a shit load of money to kind of chug along and "win some games" while making sure to lose to tOUS plus MSU, or Iowa, or ND, or Wisconsin in the same season and to take a bowl L and finally they were pissed off enough to call him on his bullshit, but did not fire him and reworked his contract so he actually has some incentives and hey fuck what do you know IT WORKED

and now he is back acting like he needs to get retribution for all of that and that they should have just rode that out and handed him an extension going down the same path and not even thought of firing him because "well you know we will win it all eventually" vs sitting down with him and not firing him and incentivizing him and EXTENDING him

I am sure he thinks his shit does not stink and if Michigan had fired him he would have landed some other top job or would have easily gone back to the NFL for a good team and maybe he would have, but he also could have ended up at some shittier situation with a short leash because people knew his shit smelled a little and if he could not get it done at Michigan then no need to act like he walks on water

now he is just dragging the bullshit out.....much less all the little infractions and the attitude of "fuck the NCAA let the university deal with it I am busy".....which is all fine and good if people want to hate on the NCAA (which is run by the universities), but it is still shit that Michigan has to clean up of his and an example of if you have him around you have to put up with his bullshit even if he is not winning it all and losing to the teams his school most wants to beat

he was not kicked in the head enough as a kid or something he is just not right

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

this is kind of bullshit on the part of Jim and he is starting to look like a bigger asshole than usual

Michigan paid him a shit load of money to kind of chug along and "win some games" while making sure to lose to tOUS plus MSU, or Iowa, or ND, or Wisconsin in the same season and to take a bowl L and finally they were pissed off enough to call him on his bullshit, but did not fire him and reworked his contract so he actually has some incentives and hey fuck what do you know IT WORKED

and now he is back acting like he needs to get retribution for all of that and that they should have just rode that out and handed him an extension going down the same path and not even thought of firing him because "well you know we will win it all eventually" vs sitting down with him and not firing him and incentivizing him and EXTENDING him

I am sure he thinks his shit does not stink and if Michigan had fired him he would have landed some other top job or would have easily gone back to the NFL for a good team and maybe he would have, but he also could have ended up at some shittier situation with a short leash because people knew his shit smelled a little and if he could not get it done at Michigan then no need to act like he walks on water

now he is just dragging the bullshit out.....much less all the little infractions and the attitude of "fuck the NCAA let the university deal with it I am busy".....which is all fine and good if people want to hate on the NCAA (which is run by the universities), but it is still shit that Michigan has to clean up of his and an example of if you have him around you have to put up with his bullshit even if he is not winning it all and losing to the teams his school most wants to beat

I don't think he is dragging it out as much as this is just the timing of it all. Michigan won the natty a week ago. NFL teams are looking for coaches, its going to take a week or two with people waiting to talk with teams that are still in the playoffs. 

I still think it comes down to chargers or Michigan. If Michigan agrees to pay him for a year vacation on the off case the NCAA suspends him for burger gate he will be back in Michigan, if they are going to try and nickel and dime a guy that just went 15-0 they are going to meet resistance and push him to the NFL. 

I want him back 100%. But I have made my peace with it if he goes. National championships are few and far between. Michigan got one, I will likely always be a fanatic about Michigan football, but I feel like my angsts has waned and that everything for the next 10 years is gravy. Beat Ohio state more often than not, win some more B1G championships, make a few playoff runs. Not every season ends in a natty, it didn't for Bama's super teams, it won't for Michigan either.   

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

NFL teams seem to be going slower in the hiring process this year aside from the Patriots who had their guy picked internally. 

I feel like the NFL has some weird rule that coaches from teams in the playoffs can't actually interview until the week between the championship games and the super bowl. I could be wrong, on that though. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

NFL teams seem to be going slower in the hiring process this year

Maybe they have reservations about a narcissistic cheater, unlike Juicy?

18 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I want him back 100%.

• Haha 1

Just now, Juicy said:

I feel like the NFL has some weird rule that coaches from teams in the playoffs can't actually interview until the week between the championship games and the super bowl. I could be wrong, on that though. 

Yeah NFL has some rules setup that interviews have to be approved. Apparently that even counts to staff of teams who have recently fired coaches. 

For instance the Titans OL coach has to have approval from league before he could interview elsewhere.

40 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I want him back 100%. But I have made my peace with it if he goes. National championships are few and far between. Michigan got one, I will likely always be a fanatic about Michigan football, but I feel like my angsts has waned and that everything for the next 10 years is gravy. Beat Ohio state more often than not, win some more B1G championships, make a few playoff runs. Not every season ends in a natty, it didn't for Bama's super teams, it won't for Michigan either.   

You sure you're on the right board, and are writing in English?  I don't comprehend anything you wrote.

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I don't blame him one bit for trying to squeeze everything out of them that he can. The iron is hot.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:33 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

He's interviewing with national signing day on the horizon is no bueno for Michigan. In the past I'd say that his leaving would set them back for years but who knows in these crazy days of portal/NIL. 

Last year he interviewed on NSD2 and they faired okay. 

edit: Juicy beat me to it. 

Edited by markstanco
  • Hook 'Em 1

Once again 41 life long M fan. He’s earned the right to look around. This isn’t your normal coach. This guy sniffed the biggest prize the Super Bowl. Oh yeah and he’s had to hear about losing it this whole time by his brother (you know they talk shit to each other). This is a guy who had success in the nfl not a nfl failed coach who worked out in college. He has every right to ask for top dollar. I don’t love what he’s doing but fuck man it’s what you get with him. Hell of a ball coach who wins BUT tons of drama. He brought me a natty for that I’m grateful and am enjoying the ride. I watched Wisconsin run the same run play 40 something times in a row dominate michigan at THE BIG HOUSE. I was 9 rows off the field. I think of those days and know that nattys don’t just come in every 3 years they are a once MAYBE twice in a lifetime if your lucky. 

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Once again 41 life long M fan. He’s earned the right to look around. This isn’t your normal coach. This guy sniffed the biggest prize the Super Bowl. Oh yeah and he’s had to hear about losing it this whole time by his brother (you know they talk shit to each other). This is a guy who had success in the nfl not a nfl failed coach who worked out in college. He has every right to ask for top dollar. I don’t love what he’s doing but fuck man it’s what you get with him. Hell of a ball coach who wins BUT tons of drama. He brought me a natty for that I’m grateful and am enjoying the ride. I watched Wisconsin run the same run play 40 something times in a row dominate michigan at THE BIG HOUSE. I was 9 rows off the field. I think of those days and know that nattys don’t just come in every 3 years they are a once MAYBE twice in a lifetime if your lucky. 

Bobby Knight would be so proud.

On 1/15/2024 at 5:00 PM, Bogeywon said:

As a michigan fan I obviously want to keep him, if he leaves I hope he leaves our DC Minter at michigan. Promote Moore to HC. If he leaves he brought me a natty 3 BIG titles in a row and 3 in a row against osu. He took us from the gutter and built the ultimate team. What he gave me this year was unbelievable. I never thought when I joined ( the old site) I would ever experience what longhorns did in 2005 but I have. I will always have this season. I will always feel the joy I did the 1st time watching it as I do on replay for the 300th time. Thank you Jim and I hope you get your Super Bowl. GO BLUE

Well, the elation and good will wears off after a few .500 or sub .500 seasons. I remember Mack Brown saying a booster after the 05 NC told him "you never have to win another game after this victory". Of course Mack knew better and said so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:11 PM, Josef Pwag said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

15-0. Lost out #1 player and captain best o lineman. Ran the fuck over bama and crushed Washington. #1 defense in the country and only gave up 13 points to penix. Our d line almost killed him. They won the best offensive line award. Watch penix walking off the field that night. No one could fuck with us and we proved it. When I say ultimate team I don’t mean like 2005 Texas talent but just a bunch of fucking dogs willing to play for each other. Admittedly not the best national championship team but a they won it and I’m proud 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

15-0. Lost out #1 player and captain best o lineman. Ran the fuck over bama and crushed Washington. #1 defense in the country and only gave up 13 points to penix. Our d line almost killed him. They won the best offensive line award. Watch penix walking off the field that night. No one could fuck with us and we proved it. When I say ultimate team I don’t mean like 2005 Texas talent but just a bunch of fucking dogs willing to play for each other. Admittedly not the best national championship team but a they won it and I’m proud 

They may not be the ULTIMATE team but they were the ultimate TEAM. UGA has had some insane defenses recently, but I would put this years Michigan D up against any of them. To hold Washington's offense to 13 points was incredible. 

I can only hope that football mimics basketball in that the one and dones are flashy but to win a championship you need that veteran team. A team loaded with 4th-5th (and in Michigan's case this year 6th) year players, who have had development can contend with the UGA/Bama/O$U/Texas recruiting rankings due to development and player age. 

Are there some 18 year olds who can ball out? Absolutely, but does a 22-23 year old have a physical advantage over 99% of 18 year olds, especially with 4 years in a major strength and conditioning program, absolutely. 

Edited by Juicy

4 minutes ago, LonghornedD said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.. Shouldn't this be the 2024 CFP.. 

It’s for the 2023 season. Just like Texas is the 2005 BCS champion, even though the game was played in 2006.

And last season the first round of the playoffs was on New Year’s Eve in 2022, while the title game was in 2023. Georgia is the 2022 CFP champion.

Think before you say these things, Mitch. 

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

It’s for the 2023 season. Just like Texas is the 2005 BCS champion, even though the game was played in 2006.

And last season the first round of the playoffs was on New Year’s Eve in 2022, while the title game was in 2023. Georgia is the 2022 CFP champion.

Think before you say these things, Mitch. 

image.png.c4d66e2abd4d0a87ab449bfa4fb97c52.pngimage.png.7620128d0d4e5a47b76cd4e37d968ec6.pngimage.png.0f671a4f06cc37b3be3df05c6386061f.png 

On 1/17/2024 at 10:03 PM, choripan said:

Per my people, crossing the Ts and dotting the Is with Chargers.

Minter gone, too. Possibly more. Staff rebuild incoming.

I would like this to be wrong. Maybe jumped the gun on this through the game of telephone. I don't care if he flirts with the NFL every year if the on-field results are fine.

If Jim is scraping the bottom of the barrel with the Falcons and moving toward giving up control in his various negotiations, he probably gone. 

Diminished credibility aside, it sounds like Spanos wants to keep all of his sons, nephews, etc. in positions of power with the Chargers and it's been a point of contention not just with Jim, but with other coaches.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:14 AM, choripan said:

I would like this to be wrong. Maybe jumped the gun on this through the game of telephone. I don't care if he flirts with the NFL every year if the on-field results are fine.

If Jim is scraping the bottom of the barrel with the Falcons and moving toward giving up control in his various negotiations, he probably gone. 

Diminished credibility aside, it sounds like Spanos wants to keep all of his sons, nephews, etc. in positions of power with the Chargers and it's been a point of contention not just with Jim, but with other coaches.

I know its all just 9.95 bullshit, but hearing lots of similar shit on those sites. The chargers will give him a blank check, but not the player personnel, and organizational control that he desires. 

The falcons are going Beli 100%. I can't see that going any other way. So it is basically the Chargers or Michigan. It is kind of crazy that the NFL doesn't seem that interested in Harbaugh, a few teams have kicked the tires but aside from the chargers it doesn't seem like he has been a legitimate candidate for any of these jobs he was linked to. Broncos/Vikings/Panthers 

10 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I know its all just 9.95 bullshit, but hearing lots of similar shit on those sites. The chargers will give him a blank check, but not the player personnel, and organizational control that he desires. 

The falcons are going Beli 100%. I can't see that going any other way. So it is basically the Chargers or Michigan. It is kind of crazy that the NFL doesn't seem that interested in Harbaugh, a few teams have kicked the tires but aside from the chargers it doesn't seem like he has been a legitimate candidate for any of these jobs he was linked to. Broncos/Vikings/Panthers 

It's a trust issue.

SF did him dirty the first time around when he was a winner there.

Here at M, Warde the AD has been shit from a support standpoint, NIL is lacking institutional support ("transformational, not transactional" wtf), and he got hosed on the SELF-IMPOSED 3 game suspension at the beginning of the season (wtf, your AD should fight *for* you, not backstab you) and the big ten's 3 gamer (your conference should fight *for* you, see the SEC and countless scandals like cam newton). And the NCAA has jumped way past any precedent with him, especially when it comes to leaks.

So he can't trust his AD or conference, and the NCAA has been unusually aggressive with him..I'd want out, too.

And he had similar issues with the 9ers in the past.

He's also a weirdo, so it's not all external, too.

But in any case, it makes sense to stay at M if he can't get contractual security/assurances from an NFL team because he can probably win the power struggle with Warde/the AD if he stays. Shiny penny says that if Jimmy comes back, Warde is gone within 6 months 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/16/2024 at 6:05 AM, choripan said:

Michigan fan/alum here. I think I am in the supermajority of us that are like "hope he stays but, if not, thanks man. Go get a Super Bowl unless you play the Lions." The feeling walking out of NRG last week was the same, but with overwhelming euphoria. Hasn't changed much since and I am a degenerate message boarder and text threader.

Not too worried about the second NSD, either. Almost all of the key plays from the defense are back next year (safeties, CB1, DTs, etc.), the OL ran 2-deep with high-level players, Donovan Edwards/Mullings will be great at RB. Only questions will be CB2, QB, and potentially WR with some unproven guys there. If we get a transfer portal QB or Orji steps up, offense should be fine enough to win around 10 and make the playoff and then flame out.

Really looking forward to playing UT next fall. We owe you for the "Holy shit this Vince Young guy is gonna be something next year" Rose Bowl game, and My BIL is a UT alum and is flying up from Austin to A2 to watch with me.

You forgot the scenario that your players portal out when Jim leaves.  Your best DT for a lambo!

• Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan