Texas Spring Football Thread

Fud

9 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Weird question on a football thread I know, but why does that poll / article have us at such a high percentage likelihood to beat TCU this year? TCU has owned us for several years. Are they losing a ton of guys?

They're cockroaches.

13 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Weird question on a football thread I know, but why does that poll / article have us at such a high percentage likelihood to beat TCU this year? TCU has owned us for several years. Are they losing a ton of guys?

Their players are going to be slowed by having to carry around all their women's shit in their jockstrap

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Honest answer: TCU loses 4 WR's, their starting QB, RB, TE, RT, RG, on offense. Then they lose Travin Howard (LB) and Texada (CB) on defense. Defense has enough veteran players behind them that they should at least be decent, and Banogu is probably a top 3 DE in the conference. In 2018 though, we return more starters than them and play them at home. 

FPI has been a good indicator of our team the past few years, and we've usually finished within one game of their win predictions. They have us at 8.6 this year for reference. 

West Virginia loses a fair bit of defensive production. But they make considerable use of the transfer market to their advantage, and having a quality upperclassman QB return is huge in a year where there's a lot of turnover at that position in the conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish in the top 3.

1 hour ago, Magus Oris said:

Triceps ruptures are not too common in young men who have not been on fluoroquinolones or anabolic steroids. If there is a way to do it, though, delivering an explosive hit would be the one.

If you're referring to Freeman, he originally injured his triceps falling down at home over Christmas break.

15 hours ago, ousux said:
20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
Almost in "Show me a loss!" territory.

I'm still looking for one, I'll let you guys know the results of my hunt very soon..

Herman is still our corch unless I misses a memo, so we will beat USC and OU but lose to Tulsa and Kansas.  

On 4/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, Reese Bennett said:

Wife, daughters, and grandkids all have needs. It's amazing how much crap women want to carry--but they also don't want to be seen with a big purse. I've had my phone on my belt clip and and a phone in each of the front four pockets. plus kleenex, lipstick, chapstick, etc.

I fill up my own pockets of cargo pants on two occasions:

Trips to a sporting event & movie theaters, to carry boxes of twizzlers/ sugar babies/ butterfingers, & sometimes a few hot dogs from the local Sam's Club/ Costco...

48 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Ya'll really got me re thinking on wearing my cargos to the MD game..  Since when have they gotten out of style (i'm 38)??

Impossible to be a cargo pant wearer and also someone who cares about what’s in style. Put those blinders back on and keep it moving.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Ya'll really got me re thinking on wearing my cargos to the MD game..  Since when have they gotten out of style (i'm 38)??

Be a man and don't give a shit about style. Guys only criticize cargo shorts because they've heard women say it. I don't always wear them, but I can't count how many times I've toted cans of beer in them.

Beer > Style

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

Be a man and don't give a shit about style. Guys only criticize cargo shorts because they've heard women say it. I don't always wear them, but I can't count how many times I've toted cans of beer in them.

Beer > Style

Women are just jealous of all the carrying capacity without having to lug around a purse.