Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So, uh, the google questions algorithm uses your google history to sort/order the questions...

1.) I'm not sure I buy that, as I literally work at a company where staying on top of Google's algorithm changes is a core part of our business, and this is news to me.
2.) The part that DEFINITELY makes me skeptical this is true is the fact that, if what you're suggesting is true, there is zero percent chance the questions presented wouldn't have been, in this order:

a) Why is Ohio A Huge Piece of Shit?
b) Why is everyone in Ohio trash people?
c.) Is Ryan Day a violent pedophile?

It's possible that if the google algorithm gives preference to the most recent queries then C might get swapped with A in this scenario. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

How much did UT pay the Athletic for that puff piece? Money well spent. 

houston sports radio today - did arch manning get laid during his weekend in austin ?

host - this is arch manning, you have to pull out the big guns. hot divorced milf's. all schools can throw hot young college co-eds at him !

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

I personally consider the University of Texas sucking at football for more than a decade to be a pretty fucking big "world issue".  So, count me in for a binge weekend like this every weekend until the class is full.

Yeah... I was thinking that the first world issue we need to fix is beating the fuck out of Oklahoma in Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you read his post and thought he was talking about Miami, as opposed to Columbus. Because he was fucking talking about Columbus.

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Your history of inability to know anything about Miami is the problem, sir. 

Ranked by population:

2. Los Angeles - 3,919,973

11. Austin - 996,147

14. Columbus - 929,492

43. Miami - 450,797

(and yes, I knew he was talking about fucking Columbus).

[WRONG emoji] 

6686E5E6-BAEE-4A0D-9043-D871B3C5E2E4.thumb.jpeg.cf95baa7e46780cd1876a8100c58e4cd.jpeg

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

1be263856a6d6a3c5bdedf45b0995d00

A visitor from London (London, Texas?) 1991

Ahhhh… they had a pre-existing relationship.

The middle lady of the three womenz was in the row behind me on my 1st Class flight to London from DFW back in July of 1997, but on the other side of the aisle. Yet when I asked the mother & daughter behind me if they were going to any museums in London when we arrived, the lady with the white cotton candy hair (who it turned out was the grandma) piped in with…

”We’re having tea with the Queen.”

SIDE NOTE: 

I didn’t sleep well on the plane and had to wait for a friend’s flatmate to get done with work so I could dump my luggage, so I ended up going to “Batman 4” (“Batman & Robin”? … George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Uma Thurman…) so that I could sleep in the theater. That thing had just come out, but no one cared to see that first showing on Friday around noon. 

Standish on Hale

Spoiler

10:25 update from Hudson: I had a great conversation with Longview 2023 high four-star WR Jalen Hale following his dominant showing in the Lobo’s largest ever win at Lufkin. Hale was glowing about his official visit to Austin last weekend and said he was extremely encouraged to see Texas move the ball so effectively with Quinn Ewers against the Alabama defense.

Hale said that Texas having a clear pipeline at QB from Ewers to the nation’s No. 1 player Arch Manning made the Horns incredibly appealing to him in addition to Sark’s reputation as a developer of wideouts.

Hale still will make the trip to College Station tomorrow for the Texas A&M game and said the main thing he was looking for was how the offense uses their wide receivers against Miami. The top 100 prospect mentioned that he feels like Texas A&M has talented receivers on the roster, but haven’t been able to get them going so far this season.

Lastly ahead of his September 21st commitment date, Hale said that at the end of the day he’s going to pray about the decision and pick the school where he feels most at home. I’ll have quotes posted from my conversation with Hale later this night or early in the morning.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hale still will make the trip to College Station tomorrow for the Texas A&M game and said the main thing he was looking for was how the offense uses their wide receivers against Miami. The top 100 prospect mentioned that he feels like Texas A&M has talented receivers on the roster, but haven’t been able to get them going so far this season.

lol

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Fuck yeah. Quinn quoting Lonesome Dove on social media is about as Texas as it gets. Then Arch tacitly agreeing that he wants to live in Texas. Love this shit. 

The fuck are you talking about? It’s bigger than that. He’s quoting an aggy poster on this site. I mean, the mullet already gave it away, but…

spacer.png

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Saw that and my first thought is this him trying to save face for his shitty doesn’t like the WR class composition take?

Nahlin’s actual football and evaluation takes over the years are uglier than your prom date. Totally ignorable tripe. He adds value when he’s actually relaying what recruits and their handlers are saying. There’s some residual value there when he remains in contact with guys who get on campus somewhere. That’s it. 

Honestly, I find his attempts at football takes to be quite enjoyable, but I fucking love unintentional comedy. He actually believed that Card was a better choice at QB than Ewers and was all over the notion that the competition was “close”. Not only does that put some fantastic evaluation skills on display, but shows how amazeballs his source filtration skills are. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nahlin’s actual football and evaluation takes over the years are uglier than your prom date. Totally ignorable tripe. He adds value when he’s actually relaying what recruits and their handlers are saying. There’s some residual value there when he remains in contact with guys who get on campus somewhere. That’s it. 

Honestly, I find his attempts at football takes to be quite enjoyable, but I fucking love unintentional comedy. He actually believed that Card was a better choice at QB than Ewers and was all over the notion that the competition was “close”. Not only does that put some fantastic evaluation skills on display, but shows how amazeballs his source filtration skills are. 

As recently as this week he was still talking about how card will excel in this offense. He’s still making passive aggressive comments all over his articles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

As recently as this week he was still talking about how card will excel in this offense. He’s still making passive aggressive comments all over his articles. 

He must feel like shit knowing he got burned on that NIL deal. But honestly I'm glad Card got an NIL deal but the way Nahlin announced it on top of how he was about the competition last year and how he's been this year makes it hard to support him(Nahlin)

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3