Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

According to TFloss:

IT is reporting that the UT staff is trying to get WR DeAndre Moore, Jr. on campus this weekend, and they're being told it wouldn't be a surprise if he shows.

2. They're also attempting to get WR Kyle Parker on campus this weekend. He and his family were sitting with the family of WR Johntay Cook last weekend at the DeSoto-Denton Guyer game, and Coach Marion made sure to speak with all of them.

3. IT expects DB Javien Toviano to pick LSU tomorrow, but said A&M and Texas have continued to chip away.

4. TE  Pimptonwill OV to UT weekend for an official, according to IT. The reports from yesterday were premature.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Mitchell going to be the only interior DL we take this class?

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well we don't seem to love Benton, and Pierce looks UMich bound, so yeah unless we offer another one.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We look good on interior DL. 

There are majors dollars earmarked for portal blue chips that won't be entering into the portal until after bowls, provided that they do. I don't think any of them are DTs. 

Have the young IDL on the roster developed enough that UT can have a 6-man DT rotation again next season?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Have the young IDL on the roster developed enough that UT can have a 6-man DT rotation again next season?

We're being very picky about high school IDL to the point we're only taking one despite having solid options. 

We're not taking any portal IDL unless the second coming of Poona asks to join up.

A+B=....?

• Like 2

Hopefully, we wouldn't be looking at high school DTs to fill in next year.

I doubt we'll have the same caliber rotation we did this year, but that's asking for a lot.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Spencer grows into a DT or are you guys writing him off already?

Edited by JBJ

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Hopefully, we wouldn't be looking at high school DTs to fill in next year.

I doubt we'll have the same caliber rotation we did this year, but that's asking for a lot.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Spencer grows into a DT or are you guys writing him off already?

Spencer always been considered an H.S. DE who'll be a DT at the next level especially with Bo Davis being his lead recruiter.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Sweat-Collins-Murphy-Broughton is four of six.  Can Mitchell play his way to PT being an EE?  Swanson looks like he's put on some good weight.  Hoping Ross can gain weight, he was pretty disruptive in HS.  Aaron Bryant may play his way into the rotation.  Maybe we take a portal guy?

• Like 1

Man.....you are spending too much time with Satya or something....UH may have put on the full court press, and I understand traveling to Austin is a legit concern with his family.....but the report of UH offering 6 figures to this guy is totally bogus.  They have receivers, they don't have anyone who can get the ball to them and their lone QB recruit is ranked 1306 in the country, that isn't fixing that and if they were offering 6 figures to Niblett, I would think they would have already bagged a decent QB(despite reports UH doesn't have the NIL that people seem to think, it just isn't there).  
He took a visit. He got cold feet about leaving home and family when he basically never leaves the metro area.  Mom and Grandma want him in Austin(for a multitude of reasons not just the school).  Them getting to Austin to see him play is a legit concern that hopefully will be handled.
It's not just about nabbing an elite talent, it's about sending a message to the top of the Big12 they will be a force to be reckoned with in recruiting.

Maybe he sticks, maybe he doesn't..but this last minute visit wasn't simply because he wanted to enjoy traveling and seeing a new state/school.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

It's not just about nabbing an elite talent, it's about sending a message to the top of the Big12 they will be a force to be reckoned with in recruiting.

Maybe he sticks, maybe he doesn't..but this last minute visit wasn't simply because he wanted to enjoy traveling and seeing a new state/school.

camel at sea sock confirmed. 

8 minutes ago, ousux said:

Haven't cought up to the top of the thread yet?

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Why the fuck does bayou aggy care?  They’re getting Toviano.

He's an in-state 5 star at an inviting position on their depth chart, they don't miss on those often.

4 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

The way IT explained earlier in the year is Shannon was the in-line blocking TE, while Randle is the flexible TE they move around (in-line, offset, H-Back, Flexed out wide, & etc.).

Duce (& Pimpton) are supposed to be vertical threat weapons at TEs that you can't pass up.

That was my point on what I preferred about Shannon to Randle or Pimpton. Shannon is good at something difficult and can catch. The other two can catch and will have to figure out this little thing called occasionally blocking. 

I am not buying the notion that Pimpton is a “weapon” as a vertical threat. But hey, I’m happy to hope. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Pretty awesome this dude honored his recruitment throughout the whole process. Remember people always assuming he’d flip to LSU/Bama at some point, and aggy was confident when they got a visit. But fuck it, heck of a job holding on to Derek. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1