Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't give one fuck what Roach thinks about the Niblett situation, unfortunately. Wake me up when someone from IT provides the same level of assurance. One of them knows the Eisenhower guys well. The family is legitimate destitute, so Texas isn't clueless about solving for that. 

Doesn't sound like Pierce will even visit. 

We're in the phase right now where Sarkisian sees the board in ways folks around him do not, so you tell me what you think. He's been confident and wrong before. He's also had his justifications and been right at times. They really think they're landing the DB from Georgia and Moore, and that Lane can be flipped on signing day or thereabouts. Okay then. He's also being extremely patient with the transfer portal. That's great, if you're not too patient to address needs.

The DE coming in is an in-person sizing up, so who knows how interested they'll be. They did that Benton, who loved the trip, and aren't sure he can be an SEC body. Sarkisian's call, as others would take him. It's a chicken or the egg issue, really. Only Georgia and Bama are signing only NFL bodies. You want to do that? Go win 11+ games with some of those types and mix of others. 

TCU likes other guys more than McDonald, so we're at their mercy coming down the stretch. 

Seems like a lot of other worries with commitments are falling off and the aggie exuberance for regaining Ant Hill was unmerited if he has a good visit to Texas this weekend. 

Do you know anything about the Austin Vandegrift DL that UT recently showed interest in & wants him to come in for a visit?

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

FUCC!! I knew something was off when Kennedy all of a sudden took an OV to Aggy before UT, despite the fact UT offered him a couple weeks before Aggy offered him.

He might turn out to be a good player, but it seems silly to get too worked up over a kid no one knew existed a couple of weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

FUCC!! I knew something was off when Kennedy all of a sudden took an OV to Aggy before UT, despite the fact UT offered him a couple weeks before Aggy offered him.

That's a mildly out of proportion response.

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The DE coming in is an in-person sizing up, so who knows how interested they'll be.

Guess that's not happening

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Wake me up when someone from IT provides the same level of assurance. One of them knows the Eisenhower guys well.

Gerry said in the live cast today that Sark is going in-home with Niblett on Wednesday and if that visit happens, he likes our chances but there is a real chance Niblett could flip before then. 

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Gerry said in the live cast today that Sark is going in-home with Niblett on Wednesday and if that visit happens, he likes our chances but there is a real chance Niblett could flip before then. 

Until he says otherwise, don’t kid yourself into feeling good about Niblett. 

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

He is a 210lb edge. We just had two of those guys transfer out this year. The likelihood that they gain 50 lbs and become a dominant player is very low.  How soon do you expect this guy to see the field behind that line from last season? We will forget he even exists for 3 more years. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 12/11/2022 at 11:16 PM, utfan87 said:

Damn you ain’t getting away with this bs nonsense. Does jaylan ford or pj Locke ring a bell. Both late offers and became very productive starters. You have your fucking head in the sand and you’re just talking out of your ass. 

Any LB Utah is recruiting we should be all over 

6 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Is this supposed to mean something?:

I don't follow any coaches or fb staff on Twitter, so I'm not hip to when they're signaling they have a new commit.

It means…

Spoiler

One in the pink and one in the stink, three times, by 5:10pm.

Duh!

2 hours ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Didn’t know if this went here or the NIL thread.

This will likely be a lot more lucrative if these were created BEFORE he committed to a team. 

Release them early and you are like a stripper at the end of the night who the DJ introduces as a girl who doesn’t like to go home alone at the end of the night.”

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He is a 210lb edge. We just had two of those guys transfer out this year. The likelihood that they gain 50 lbs and become a dominant player is very low.  How soon do you expect this guy to see the field behind that line from last season? We will forget he even exists for 3 more years. 

his athleticism is uncommon.  incredible upside.  tough loss. 

47 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per Gerry (IT) Texas has 'calmed the waters' with Niblett heading into their Weds in-home visit with the WR.  Sark is expected to bring damn near the entire offensive staff to the Niblett's abode.   Houston is still in pursuit though and is trying to schedule an in-home with Niblett before he heads to Austin for the Dec 17th recruiting weekend.

Also, Jaden Greathouse has shut down his recruitment and plans to sign with Notre Dame.

What Gerry is saying there is that things look better, but this one is going to be a motherfucker to bring home on NSD1. I hope Sarkisian is wearing a santa costume tomorrow and his bag is loaded, then maybe put this to rest. 

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What Gerry is saying there is that things look better, but this one is going to be a motherfucker to bring home on NSD1. I hope Sarkisian is wearing a santa costume tomorrow and his bag is loaded, then maybe put this to rest. 

We needed some drama to get this bitch to 1000.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Let's sign him as an offensive lineman/Tight End. That guarantees him $50,003.50 plus whatever else he gets from Texas1.. plus whatever else we need to do to seal the deal with mom.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Man.....you are spending too much time with Satya or something....UH may have put on the full court press, and I understand traveling to Austin is a legit concern with his family.....but the report of UH offering 6 figures to this guy is totally bogus.  They have receivers, they don't have anyone who can get the ball to them and their lone QB recruit is ranked 1306 in the country, that isn't fixing that and if they were offering 6 figures to Niblett, I would think they would have already bagged a decent QB(despite reports UH doesn't have the NIL that people seem to think, it just isn't there).  

He took a visit. He got cold feet about leaving home and family when he basically never leaves the metro area.  Mom and Grandma want him in Austin(for a multitude of reasons not just the school).  Them getting to Austin to see him play is a legit concern that hopefully will be handled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Let's sign him as an offensive lineman/Tight End. That guarantees him $50,003.50 plus whatever else he gets from Texas1.. plus whatever else we need to do to seal the deal with mom.  

Wrong thread but does TexasOneFund existing mean all scholarship players get the same baseline deal regardless of position (in addition to whatever side deals they can scrape together)?

9 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Man.....you are spending too much time with Satya or something....UH may have put on the full court press, and I understand traveling to Austin is a legit concern with his family.....but the report of UH offering 6 figures to this guy is totally bogus.  They have receivers, they don't have anyone who can get the ball to them and their lone QB recruit is ranked 1306 in the country, that isn't fixing that and if they were offering 6 figures to Niblett, I would think they would have already bagged a decent QB(despite reports UH doesn't have the NIL that people seem to think, it just isn't there).  

He took a visit. He got cold feet about leaving home and family when he basically never leaves the metro area.  Mom and Grandma want him in Austin(for a multitude of reasons not just the school).  Them getting to Austin to see him play is a legit concern that hopefully will be handled.

Huh? I never said anything about a 6 figure deal. You're applying logic to recruiting. I'm not the one needing a reset here. What I posted wasn't my own conjecture, but you guys can do with it as you desire, as always. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh? I never said anything about a 6 figure deal. You're applying logic to recruiting. I'm not the one needing a reset here. What I posted wasn't my own conjecture, but you guys can do with it as you desire, as always. 

Sorry that was the main conjecture that people were running with for the visit was Fertita was supposedly splashing the NIL pot.  From people I still know in Houston and Galveston, I don't think Fertita is giving money to football, I think his, which having dealt with the prick is probably a small amount, is all tied up in the basketball program. 

That said, the people I know that are tied in to UH aren't confident at all a flip happens. They had some confidence on Sunday, but the moment he got back home and no quick flip was coming they lost confidence.  They say family wants him going to school outside of Houston and supposedly he just got cold feet about leaving everything he knows for a place he really doesn't know much about, which is quite understandable.

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Reveal hidden contents

One in the pink and one in the stink, three times, by 5:10pm.

Duh!

This will likely be a lot more lucrative if these were created BEFORE he committed to a team. 

Release them early and you are like a stripper at the end of the night who the DJ introduces as a girl who doesn’t like to go home alone at the end of the night.”

They are doing that as well. Produced cards for each team in top 3. Player gets 85% of the revenue from the team he picks.

Interesting to see if that company works out.  They make 15% from school of enrollment (85% to athlete), 10%+ from 'losing' schools (you can refund for 90% after the athlete enrolls).

The bigger question is how many people can they get to actually purchase/collect these?

Edited by JBJ

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't give one fuck what Roach thinks about the Niblett situation, unfortunately. Wake me up when someone from IT provides the same level of assurance. One of them knows the Eisenhower guys well. The family is legitimate destitute, so Texas isn't clueless about solving for that. 

Doesn't sound like Pierce will even visit. 

We're in the phase right now where Sarkisian sees the board in ways folks around him do not, so you tell me what you think. He's been confident and wrong before. He's also had his justifications and been right at times. They really think they're landing the DB from Georgia and Moore, and that Lane can be flipped on signing day or thereabouts. Okay then. He's also being extremely patient with the transfer portal. That's great, if you're not too patient to address needs.

The DE coming in is an in-person sizing up, so who knows how interested they'll be. They did that Benton, who loved the trip, and aren't sure he can be an SEC body. Sarkisian's call, as others would take him. It's a chicken or the egg issue, really. Only Georgia and Bama are signing only NFL bodies. You want to do that? Go win 11+ games with some of those types and mix of others. 

TCU likes other guys more than McDonald, so we're at their mercy coming down the stretch. 

Seems like a lot of other worries with commitments are falling off and the aggie exuberance for regaining Ant Hill was unmerited if he has a good visit to Texas this weekend. 

Doesn't it fall on Bo Davis to make the determination on whether or not the DL/DE prospects they bring in have the size and projection to be worth pushing for? I know Sark is the ultimate decider, but I imagine Bo is the primary evaluator along the D-Line.

18 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Interesting to see if that company works out.  They make 15% from school of enrollment (85% to athlete), 10%+ from 'losing' schools (you can refund for 90% after the athlete enrolls).

The bigger question is how many people can they get to actually purchase/collect these?

The same people who buy crypto currency and NFTs