Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Did Moore flip, I didn't see it announced anywhere.

There hasn’t (apparently) been a decommitment from Louisville/commitment to us, but after months of Moore being described as a “Louisville commit,” his school notably put out a notice regarding Wednesday’s signings that seems to indicate he’s currently not aligned with anyone (TBA), so that’s a data point that would seem to indicate things have changed with Louisville. Thanks to @Elmer_Fudd for the tweet upthread.

2 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Well we know it’s not Arch. Any predictions for who it’ll be?

Iamaleava is flipping to USC to compete with Nelson. 

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Lack of noise around Pimpton makes me believe he's staying with Vandy. I think I heard he was gonna announce something on social media if he was flipping

Pimpton didn’t have a committable offer because Duce is a silent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Sooners are getting caught with their pants down for sure. 

D3B8A57A-6928-4749-8B53-4F94BAFC504E.jpeg

I find it interesting that they view it that because Spencer left Texas decided they had room to go after Akana, not Akana decided he liked Texas and we told Spencer’s after his UH stunt that he processed himself and to find a new landing spot.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

It’s Arch, he’s flipping to aggy. They beat us outright…We tried to feed him raising canes on his last visit, the good ags sent him Laynes instead via door dash (45 minutes in a styrofoam box) and it was that much better that he decided to flip on the spot

True story. 

It’s Arch, he’s flipping to aggy. They beat us outright…We tried to feed him raising canes on his last visit, the good ags sent him Laynes instead via door dash (45 minutes in a styrofoam box) and it was that much better that he decided to flip on the spot

Honestly, we should be proud we finished #2 in this recruitment. Shows we can compete with elite SEC programs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Pimpton should go to Vanderbilt and find out if he can play.  He’s not going to beat out Sanders or Taylor at LSU.  If he can play, he’s going to command big bucks in the portal.  If he can’t, he gets a VU degree. 

Pimpton won't be competing with Sanders. He will probably redshirt, like Sanders did. If Sanders has the same kind of year in 23, he could very well declare for the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

Bad timing 

E40F9087-E27B-41FE-A3B3-D1F86153D521.png

Nah, the timing doesn’t matter. Who is left on the board right now that he is heavily involved with? Majority of the targets are OOS.

Good for Gilbert though and he did a lot of good stuff here. The good news is this isn’t like a Carrington situation where he had to pick up the slack for half the staff.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Pimpton should go to Vanderbilt and find out if he can play.  He’s not going to beat out Sanders or Taylor at LSU.  If he can play, he’s going to command big bucks in the portal.  If he can’t, he gets a VU degree. 

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nah, the timing doesn’t matter. Who is left on the board right now that he is heavily involved with? Majority of the targets are OOS.

I tend to agree that the hay is in the barn. Still would’ve been nice to wait a day, but I can’t think of a ‘23 recruitment this would affect. 

Just now, dilloncp98 said:

SIAP, but anyone seen an update on Justin Benton (the DL committed to WVU)? Haven’t seen anything on him since our visit, is he signing late?

We're not pursuing him. Staff's call after seeing him in person.

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Who is the first to get their commitment letter in manana?

Stroh feels like the "jump out of bed and do it before the ceremony" type. Or the Manning's personal assistant will send in Arch's right on time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas will be getting commits or flips from: Moore, McDonald, and Akana tomorrow.

Scott wasn’t considered worth the NIL.

Pimpton is going to have trouble with the Vandy staff. He really likes them and they were on him early. LSU had no idea about where Pimpton was heading as of this evening. Texas felt like they had a key family member in their court. No one knows, which is rare. I was told tonight that I am loony for not really wanting him. 

McDonald won’t announce til 1/7. 

They will stay on Robinson through signing day 2 because he is worth it. 

The only guy Texas is all in on regarding the portal so far is Holmes. They likely get him. 

OU thinks they have Akana because of the HS coach. Texas thinks they have him because of NIL conversations. I know which side I am betting on for tomorrow. 

Alabama and Georgia close 1-2 tomorrow or vice versa. 

ATM is confirmed lost in space on recruiting and portal. They don’t even understand the world has shifted. They’re about to bread the fuck out. 

Bowens’ mom is no longer against him picking OU. 

Derek Williams signs tomorrow or Miami has gone so far above reality that Texas can’t fathom it. There’s all of the logic in the world to bet on a UT signature tomorrow. Logic and recruiting are a hell of thing though.

I think that covers it for the most part. Might have forgot something so feel free to ask. 

Was De'Andre Moore the top priority or Jakobi Lane and Kyle Parker unattainable for various reasons?