Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

14 minutes ago, walker said:

When did Gerry say this?   From earlier reports, Pettaway wasn't as involved in the camp circuits and he did not visit as much... because he had a JOB (on top of school and sports) to help out his family.   Stepping up like that  when you're in high school is opposite of immature.

He said it on the EGAT podcast a couple of weeks back

go to about the 30 minute mark 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/everyone-gets-a-trophy/id1479624200?i=1000567624038

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Anyone have the context or article about this?

Looks like the staff is probably going to reset their board bc it seems like we’re getting a lot of elite guys giving us a look right now and if we can even remotely be competitive this year, this could end up becoming the #1 ranked class.  With that in mind, seems like a lot of guys that we were willing to try the position of their choice are now being told that you either commit to the position we want you or you don’t have a spot.  Seems like that may be playing out with Zelance Heard and MHP.  We’re going to cherry pick our WRs this year why waste a scholarships.  Guys like Duce Robinson, Caleb Downs, the DT from Mississippi, now want to visit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Never got the MHP thing. That’s the kind of guy that either jumps the moment you offer or you say, good luck in Berkeley or at UH dude. 
you shouldn’t have to fight tooth and nail for that dude while he goes on all 5 officials to second rate football schools. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, walker said:

When did Gerry say this?   From earlier reports, Pettaway wasn't as involved in the camp circuits and he did not visit as much... because he had a JOB (on top of school and sports) to help out his family.   Stepping up like that  when you're in high school is opposite of immature.

2 posts and you're an expert on Pettaway? Are you the uncle or father?

8 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I would never in a million years doubt Aaron or anything that anyone says on the internet, but I don’t see anything on this on the TFB site.

D.T., one of the mods @TFB replied with it in the comments section of the Pettaway update. 

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Never got the MHP thing. That’s the kind of guy that either jumps the moment you offer or you say, good luck in Berkeley or at UH dude. 
you shouldn’t have to fight tooth and nail for that dude while he goes on all 5 officials to second rate football schools. 

I have said for awhile the staff liked him at Safety and then he said he wanted to start off at WR. Then some safeties signed and WRs. Spots filled up and he is not the kind of prospect that can dictate his position and timing. Perhaps they circle back, but putting him on the back burner makes complete sense 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

I thought the word on Pettaway was that he didn't feel enough love with the staff, then it was the other players/recruits. 

Would love to have him but with cook and niblett aboard, I'm OK with him going elsewhere 

That’s what I heard!! 

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I have said for awhile the staff liked him at Safety and then he said he wanted to start off at WR. Then some safeties signed and WRs. Spots filled up and he is not the kind of prospect that can dictate his position and timing. Perhaps they circle back, but putting him on the back burner makes complete sense 

This is his fault. He should have committed when he had the chance instead of making Texas wait while he decides between Texas, UH and Cal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Gerry Hamilton made a ten most wanted list like a day or two ago and Jaden Greathouse was on it and MHP was not, he only made the next 5 list.

Gerry loves Greathouse.  Seems like he has a similar leadership/gamer profile as RoJo.

If that's true then I want him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Gerry at 2:45:

"Hearing more positive vibes on AH this afternoon."

In response to a question about decision timeline:

"I say before, or early in season."

Hill and Hicks are two I’m not counting on but would be absolute gamechangers for this defense. I believe in Bo but PK/Choate are still pretty suspect on the recruiting front.

33 minutes ago, walker said:

I'm new. That's a fair callout.  I follow recruiting a fair bit, but try to stay out of the forums like this, because the info and the banter is too addictive for me

There are 100 better reasons to stay out of forums (and off of sites, for that matter) like this….

29 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Gerry loves Greathouse.  Seems like he has a similar leadership/gamer profile as RoJo.

I’d prefer Pettaway, but seems like a lot of y’all have written him off. . 

8 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Hill and Hicks are two I’m not counting on but would be absolute gamechangers for this defense. I believe in Bo but PK/Choate are still pretty suspect on the recruiting front.

Hill, I honestly think we have a good chance for. . That Gaggy bbq is gone tell it all. . Hicks is another story 

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I’d prefer Pettaway, but seems like a lot of y’all have written him off. . 

i know that update said the staff is on him hard and that Arch has reached out... but you never see anything on twitter or IG of the current kids talking about him.  They have been tweeting or mentioning Hale 

Edited by Thiefery

44 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Uh no. Gerry may love him but from what I understand he’s no RoJo. 

44 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I love him, too.  I want all the Myron Rolle types that can ball and make the academic All-American team. 

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Greathouse is a fucking animal. He’d be a mismatch nightmare over the middle and he’s perfect for jump balls 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If he's going to play a Billingsley type role within Sark's offense I'd agree....

I’d like to use him in an Aaron Hernandez role without the murder. Except murdering safeties over the middle 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

The staff likes MHP.  He is not a speedster but seems to make plays.  The issue with MHP is that he insists on sticking to his delayed timeline despite the fact that he might lose his spot and he seems to be okay with that.  That being said, I'm sure the staff is telling him now that the pac12 is about to die so he better reevaluate.

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Right? I know the story is unconfirmed, but I never understood it either. High academic achiever lists uh, tcu, and ou top five? The family has doubts about Texas, but tcu and ou have brand new staffs and Wilcox is on shakier ground than sark? I wondered if master p was his advisor.

I say go to uh, play for a good coach in holgo, study hospitality management, and maybe tilman hooks you up with a sweet gig handing out comps to the geriatrics at the golden nugget..make all-conference and that could turn into managing a bubba gump’s somewhere. #coognetwork #set4life

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SamMan said:

Right? I know the story is unconfirmed, but I never understood it either. High academic achiever lists uh, tcu, and ou top five? The family has doubts about Texas, but tcu and ou have brand new staffs and Wilcox is on shakier ground than sark? I wondered if master p was his advisor.

I say go to uh, play for a good coach in holgo, study hospitality management, and maybe tilman hooks you up with a sweet gig handing out comps to the geriatrics at the golden nugget..make all-conference and that could turn into managing a bubba gump’s somewhere. #coognetwork #set4life

celebrity big brother ok GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

Even without Hill Choate is having a good year on the trail assuming we land Gullette.

• Like 1