Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

All of this talk of floors and ceilings…does nobody ever mention the walls?  

im beginning to think that’s the real advantage aggy has in evaluation. With their construction management programs at their school, they definitely landed their highest ranked class ever, not by deploying payola, but by including the talk of walls along with potential floors and ceilings…..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

im beginning to think that’s the real advantage aggy has in evaluation. With their construction management programs at their school, they definitely landed their highest ranked class ever, not by deploying payola, but by including the talk of walls along with potential floors and ceilings…..

aggy walls are covered in jizz from missing the jar

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

CSB alert: I watched it freshman year in the TV room at Taos Dorm, next to Raul’s on the Drag. It may have been the only year Taos was a dorm, spending most of its existence before and after as a co-op. And I will admit, I probably still don’t know exactly what the hell is a “co-op.” But I did go to a crazy ass party at one. 

I saw it at the Fort Worth Twin Drive-In 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

No. Basements, attics, doorways, windows ---- all get short shrift. Not to mention a whole raft of other architectural features. When's the last time you heard somebody say "he's got a high dormer"  or "he's got a solid pedament but a low balustrade?" 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.01f60adb649fcc2254a31151598ec3b3.png

Thoughts?

I think we have the perfect QBs coming in the right order. Quinn will better at keeping plays alive and throwing on the run. He reminds me a lot of Mahomes with his arm angles and gunslinger mentality. Then once we have a team full of elite talent then Manning can come in and be a traditional pocket QB who has all day to throw and not have to force anything to make things happen. His comp is obviously his two uncles who all have the same motion and mannerisms on the field 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No. Basements, attics, doorways, windows ---- all get short shrift. Not to mention a whole raft of other architectural features. When's the last time you heard somebody say "he's got a high dormer"  or "he's got a solid pedament but a low balustrade?" 

Easy there, partner. I’ll have you know that the University was very cordial to me when they suggested that I no longer spend time in the School of Architecture, so there’s that…:-)

Dean Speck was a cool mofo, though.  

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

From the window, to the wall...

I have a friend whose 3ish y.o. kid started singing this all the time.  He picked it up from riding around in the car with dad.  Like they would be eating at Chili’s, and he would hear someone at the next table say the word ‘window’ and he would get through a couple of lines before his mom shut it down.  His reward for such good parenting skills was his wife going through whatever device (iPod maybe) he had at the time and deleting anything she found objectionable.  Til the sweat drips off my balls apparently offended the sensibilities of the other mothers at play dates.

• Haha 2

I have a friend whose 3ish y.o. kid started singing this all the time.  He picked it up from riding around in the car with dad.  Like they would be eating at Chili’s, and he would hear someone at the next table say the word ‘window’ and he would get through a couple of lines before his mom shut it down.  His reward for such good parenting skills was his wife going through whatever device (iPod maybe) he had at the time and deleting anything she found objectionable.  Til the sweat drips off my balls apparently offended the sensibilities of the other mothers at play dates.

Yup… my wife has ixnayed this from my lexicon due to the same reason.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ewers will teach arch how to loosen up and have a good time, take a chance now and then. And in turn, arch will teach ewers how to know when it’s time to buckle down and get serious, play it safe.  

they will each use their newly developed skills to save the other at one point before teaming up to defeat the big baddie. 

All gas, some brake?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ewers will teach arch how to loosen up and have a good time, take a chance now and then. And in turn, arch will teach ewers how to know when it’s time to buckle down and get serious, play it safe.  

they will each use their newly developed skills to save the other at one point before teaming up to defeat the big baddie. 

A perfect summary of Mrs Mo's and my almost 39 year marriage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've never been a Quarterback before, but my street football name was "Doug Flutie" when I was ten years old.
So, I think I know a thing or two about what it takes to be a QB.

And I'd suggest that due to Arch's pedigree, there is a higher likelihood that he'll be cool & calm under pressure in big games.

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

However,  Quin is the best HS QB I've ever seen.  He played great against the best competition in Texas.  I think he's better than Kyler Murray.  

Tough call. The Ewok was near unstoppable at Allen, and he dominated 5A for 3-4 years. But Quinn is also a generational talent that’ll take NFL snaps.

Most impressive HS QB out of DFW I’ve seen in person is Matt Stafford… Truly a man amongst boys with an absolute cannon. I doubt many who’ve seen him in the NFL would describe Matt as “fast”, but in HS, he was outrunning DBs on the reg.

Edited by ATXhorn17

19 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Tough call. The Ewok was near unstoppable at Allen, and he dominated 5A for 3-4 years. But Quinn is also a generational talent that’ll take NFL snaps.

Most impressive HS QB out of DFW I’ve seen in person is Matt Stafford… Truly a man amongst boys with an absolute cannon. I doubt many who’ve seen him in the NFL would describe Matt as “fast”, but in HS, he was outrunning DBs on the reg.

Was the Ewok unstoppable or was the overall talent? 

I had to look this up

Ewers: 70% completion rate is the tops (64 Ewok, 65$ Stafford)

Yards per Att; Stafford 18.2 (Ewers 10.0, Ewok 11.1)

Yards/game: Ewok 262 (Ewers 258, Stafford 234)

Stafford threw a TD every 5.75 attempts (insane). 8.6 for Ewers, 10.1 for Ewok

No Ints stats for Stafford. Ewers threw an Int every 80.4 passes and Ewok 47.4

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

2 QB offense for 2023 confirmed

ULM_2_QB_roll_right.gif

17 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

FYI — Gerry H is teasing a new Texas commit for a player other than MM. Only other hint is that he doesn’t currently have a crystal ball/RPM prediction in.

Nvm, post above already answered

Edited by OB3

6 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Just confirmed on IT that Arch Manning will be in Austin for the party. I think we all assumed that would be the case but either way nice to have it official. Also mentioned we are loading up on some big 2024 targets that weekend. 

Well, not Official official, since no officials allowed that weekend. 

The NCAA put that rule in place at the last minute to try to slow down the unstoppable momentum of "The World Famous Aggy Pool Party Spectacular Extravaganza - Now with more CASH & PRIZES!!!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Well, not Official official, since no officials allowed that weekend. 

The NCAA put that rule in place at the last minute to try to slow down the unstoppable momentum of "The World Famous Aggy Pool Party Spectacular Extravaganza - Now with more CASH & PRIZES!!!"

Bobbing for cow pies was such a huge hit last year. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Ah.  He doesn't have one in.  That opens the field quite a lot.

If he’s talking about just him, then these are the players Gerry has predictions to Texas on:

Jalen Hale

Hunter Osborne (likely outdated)

Malik Muhammad (committing tonight)

Braylan Shelby

Derion Gullete

Cedric Baxter Jr.

Mikal Harrison-Pilot

Jordan Matthews

Colton Vasek

So someone other than these guys is about to commit soon