What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's not needing to win a re-election next year, so maybe today is the day.

i didn't get a lot out of hurd's questions, honestly.

and the timing is important, in my opinion, because the "why" of the timing has to do with bill barr obstructing and/or initiating a cover up. the cover up is usually greater than the crime, though it might not actually be in this case, it is still important to establish how the administration is actively covering up their criminal actions.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Goddamn--did Will Hurd stumble into asking a damaging question?  He got the response that foreign interference in our elections is the greatest threat facing the United States in a hearing about Trump soliciting foreign help in his reelection campaign.

While simultaneously damaging Mitch McConnell's efforts to stonewall election security.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Goddamn--did Will Hurd stumble into asking a damaging question?  He got the response that foreign interference in our elections is the greatest threat facing the United States in a hearing about Trump soliciting foreign help in his reelection campaign.

Trumpkins will actually use that as a defense. See? They're taking election security seriously!

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Holy shit, now the whistleblower is sharing third hand info from the fake news media. 

How do we know that the Rudy on TV is actually Rudy? What if I told you he wasn't? And what if I told you he wasn't saying the things you saw him saying on TV? 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So when President Warren tells the German chancellor "We are not going to sell Germany any weapons until the German Federal Prosecutor prosecutes the Trump family for its money laundering through Deutsche Bank," John Ratcliffe will agree that that is totally legal and totally cool.

I legitimately thought you were talking about Warren Harding when I read this and it was the dumbest moment in my life.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That cunt Ratcliffe is my congressman.  I'm going to bust my ass to vote him out...won't happen though.  I'm surrounded by idiots. 

Ratcliffe was this close to being in Maguire's position. Could you imagine what would have happened if he got the complaint? 

Just now, hayden_horn said:

near as i can tell, and i haven't read the whistleblower report, but it includes some dot-connecting from national media reporting and quotes from administrative officials published in such

It also discusses the things that Rudy said on TV. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It also discusses the things that Rudy said on TV. 

and tweeted.  It wasn't based on opinions though.  It was all verifiable facts that the whistleblower gathered together.  Whoever put together that complaint was very talented.

Edited by kevwun

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

near as i can tell, and i haven't read the whistleblower report, but it includes some dot-connecting from national media reporting and quotes from administrative officials published in such

Read it. It’s fucking insane. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/26/us/politics/whistle-blower-complaint.html

The WB report does include this. The WB wasn't operating in a void and has laid out a very succinct timeline of what he/she learned internally while working within the White House as well as the overall pattern in question.

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

The WB report does include this. The WB wasn't operating in a void and has laid out a very succinct timeline of what he/she learned internally while working within the White House as well as the overall pattern in question.

And s/he brought receipts! 

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Maguire has hung himself on talking with Trump about the WB report.  Unbeleievable.

EP covers content of convo, not whether it happened or not --as Schiff and Maloney pointed out

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

He claimed executive privilege when he got cornered on whether he discussed this complaint with the president. Wow.

yeah, we are going to eventually find out that this guy is part of the cover up, if we don't already basically know from his evasiveness there.

there is a reason coats and gordon GTFO of DNI. i'd be curious as to what they might have to say.