Auburn at aggy: call your shot

Gil Bang

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

5-3 Auburn.  Auburn gets a first half safety.  Aggy drives late and kicks a fig with 10 seconds left to take a 3-2 lead.  Auburn returns the ensuing kickoff to the aggy 45.  Auburn return man is tackled with :01 on the clock, but the aggy timekeeper lets the clock run out.  Aggy celebrates.  Instant replay puts one second back on the clock, and also shows that #12 for aggy took a cheap shot after the whistle blew, which results in a 15 yd penalty.  Auburn kicker drills the 48 yd fg for the win.

I can get behind this.  You do realize, though, that this outcome will prove the superiority of SECSECSEC defense, right?  Advantage aggy.

I'm on the Auburn 24 Aggy 20 bandwagon.  Although aggy has good pieces on both sides of the ball, they'll aggy their way to a loss.  Rollercoaster isn't going to get much upward momentum this year.  Texas State with the Mond for Heisman talk was probably their peak.

Does anyone know who has more recruiting violations over the years?  If there's anyone with a worse little brother syndrome, and commensurate cheating, it's Auburn.  At least their cheating has brought them some hardware since WWII.  

Aggy has always been a much different team at home than on the road, so I think they will perform better than they did at Clemson. Still, I didn't think Clemson really brought its A-game for that one, either. Auburn really caught some breaks to win against Oregon. This will be their freshman QB's first true road game in a hostile environment. Say what you will about aggy, they typically suck at football, but they know how to make loud noises. I think this is going to be an ugly, boring SEC punt-fest and A&M has the better punter. I think aggy wins by a FG.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Aggy has always been a much different team at home than on the road, so I think they will perform better than they did at Clemson. Still, I didn't think Clemson really brought its A-game for that one, either. Auburn really caught some breaks to win against Oregon. This will be their freshman QB's first true road game in a hostile environment. Say what you will about aggy, they typically suck at football, but they know how to make loud noises. I think this is going to be an ugly, boring SEC punt-fest and A&M has the better punter. I think aggy wins by a FG.

Lawrence has been off this year.  He missed a couple easy TDs against aggy.

24 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

honestly i have seen no difference in how aggy plays at home vs on the road the last several years. in fact, Auburn has beat aggy the last 3 times in College Station.

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Did you watch them play Clemson? They were awful. And Clemson quit at halftime. 

He was worse against Lamar but of course nobody watched that.  You know things are really bad when your QB1 has exactly TWO passing play highlights while running up 60+ against an overmatched opponent.

Really hope Barn comes through because it would be such a deflating loss for aggy. It basically sets them up for a 7-5 finish at best, but most likely 6-6 as they have not beaten both Mississippi schools since 2013.  Its also about time Arkansas or USCe beats them (although maybe this will be saved for the vaunted '2020 national championship season'  they seem to think will happen).  The tears and gnashing of teeth will be fun, and aggy will start to drum up the idea of putting Jimbo out to pasture. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, po elvis said:

honestly i have seen no difference in how aggy plays at home vs on the road the last several years. in fact, Auburn has beat aggy the last 3 times in College Station.

Yep however they were 6-1 (7 home games!?!) last season at home. 3-0 against SEC.  Sumlin sucked ass at home vs. SEC teams. 

11 hours ago, bigcigar said:

Auburn fan posts about aggy hospitality 

Yep, the Auburn fans will be the real winners.

Several of them will be unable to find the stadium despite the fact that it is RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND THEM. They won't notice that literally EVERY FUCKING PERSON THEY CAN SEE is walking in the same direction. Then some nice aggy will look up from the sheep they are banging and say, "Howdy!" And the Auburn fans will be amazed at how smart, and respectful, and completely, totally un-racist everyone is. And it'll be an experience they'll never forget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Aggy wins.

If Mond was even above average, the Clemson game was there for the taking.

But he's still good enough to beat Auburn. 

Maybe last year, but this - Lawrence missed two WIDE OPEN TD's.  Easily should have been 38-3 going into the 4th.  That last minute garbage TD by the ags gave the perception the game was closer than it was.  Clemson was never for a second not in control of that game.