Auburn at aggy: call your shot

Gil Bang

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Looks to me like Auburn’s defense is legit good.   I think their offense is pretty shitty.  It will be a 13-10 kind of a game.  Unable to call shot.  it’s a toss up.  

This is kind of where I'm at. Both defenses would appear to have the upper hand here. Auburn already burned a few of their nine lives to somehow get that win over Oregon, despite Oregon really controlling the game and the QB being awful save for a few plays. I'll take aggy with home field and an upperclassman QB.

This feels like a classic 20s something to 20s something SEC fuckfest where one team does too much fuckfesting in the 4th and loses an otherwise winnable game. 

That said, I think atm is the better team so they will probably end up on the right side somehow. And they're at Kroger. 

5-3 Auburn.  Auburn gets a first half safety.  Aggy drives late and kicks a fig with 10 seconds left to take a 3-2 lead.  Auburn returns the ensuing kickoff to the aggy 45.  Auburn return man is tackled with :01 on the clock, but the aggy timekeeper lets the clock run out.  Aggy celebrates.  Instant replay puts one second back on the clock, and also shows that #12 for aggy took a cheap shot after the whistle blew, which results in a 15 yd penalty.  Auburn kicker drills the 48 yd fg for the win.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This one feels like a tossup.  Because Auburn is top 10 in the polls it could still fit nicely into the moral loss column and keep the roller coaster on the upward tick since it's still September but Auburn definitely feels like a fraud at #8 so losing is definitely on the table and could really jolt the coaster into higher heights.

If they win this game then it seems like 8-4 or 7-5 are the likely slot for them.  If they lose this game then 7-5 or 6-6 are the likely slot.

It should be an entertaining game of seeing who screws up the least in order to win.

45 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

This one feels like a tossup.  Because Auburn is top 10 in the polls it could still fit nicely into the moral loss column and keep the roller coaster on the upward tick since it's still September but Auburn definitely feels like a fraud at #8 so losing is definitely on the table and could really jolt the coaster into higher heights.

I still think aggy is pretty good. Auburn being a fraud will probably be exposed on Saturday if they really are.

Then again, never count out aggy aggying. 

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Based upon...?

UPON I watched them play Clemson and they have some nice pieces. Whether they get those pieces together or not is anyone's guess but there is some potential there. Not saying they are world beaters but they probably win 8 or 9 games and Auburn could easily be one of those. I said it during the Clemson game and I stick by my stance that this board is probably underrating this aggy squad a hair. 

Mond however does not impress me so there's that. He needs to turn it around if they want to do anything this year. 

Aggy 24 - Auburn 20

First three quarters will be largely uneventful with the exception of Bo Nix and Kellen Mond combining for 2-3 turnovers or near turnovers. The last quarter will likely be played to the tune of Benny Hill and will feature 27 of the 44 points scored. It will be 10-7 Barn going into the 4th.