The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

Back to Rudy....some mouth breather (a whole lot, actually) on a FB thread was butthurt that Jeong walked out because Rudy is "a great American."

I went for the low-hanging fruit (heh) of asking if great Americans try to get with girls they think are 15... he had NO idea what I was talking about...that's what we're dealing with... I'm sure Fox et. al. never even mentioned the whole Rudy-with-hands-down-his-pants fiasco.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I had this one:

349608__62892.1619551418.500.500.jpg?c=2

My older brother had the Farrah poster and a bunch of Kiss posters and magazine cut-outs.

I had this poster:

cheryl-tiegs-jd-bearden.jpg

And this one:

cheryl-ladd-charlie-s-angels.jpg

And Cheryl Ladd totally rocked it in her debut episode of Charlie’s Angels, S02E01: Angels in Paradise:

tumblr_n0t1d7hkD91speehvo1_1280.jpg

And then instead of Kiss I went with a bunch of Star Wars stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

57 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m guessing all those posters were bought at Spencer’s 

I haven’t thought about it in a long time but you’re probably right. They had all those shuffling poster frames back in the black light room. I never went to the mall without stopping in there. It was a pretty trippy space that appealed to me long before I had my first psychedelic experience.

I still have one black light I bought from Spencer Gifts. I’m thinking maybe I should buy a few more and make a black light room. Or set something up for Halloween. I have a glow-in-the-dark foam rubber skull and took a picture of it under black light and it came out pretty cool.

D857E567-B88B-4E43-9025-C73BCBA294C0.thumb.jpeg.8017d0bc6a9f10e8bad89d132431b11a.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

is spencers still around ?

Got myself a silver fishbone necklace, a poster of Tiffany amber thiessen, a dirty card game and a black light just last week. Spent so much money I didn’t even bother going into gadzooks or hot topic. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Got myself a silver fishbone necklace, a poster of Tiffany amber thiessen, a dirty card game and a black light just last week. Spent so much money I didn’t even bother going into gadzooks or hot topic. 

if you find yourself in Dallas you can go to the grown-up version, Shot Topic: https://www.dallasobserver.com/music/so-fetch-dallas-has-an-early-2000s-themed-emo-bar-with-shot-topic-13789600

On 4/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, Brisketexan said:

This one.  Mom let me keep it on the wall:

23111382%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Its been many years since my HT posters on the wall days, but I immediately recognized that poster. I also immediately thought.....HT body glove poster, and sure enough google images doesn't let me down

image.png.407799d875ac9dcb2c96b8d30e946216.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 2:33 PM, Brisketexan said:

This one.  Mom let me keep it on the wall:

23111382%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Of course, I also had this one:

6bc942fc663c409b2c8a928a3e2630ba.jpg

Man, I was one cool mofo.

The good old days — prime Heather Thomas and 10 bird duck hunting limits.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1