2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

12 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Inflation is a bitch. It was "fitty twice" when I was growing up.

14 hours ago, Sock Drawer said:

Young whippersnapper! It was "forty twice" when I first heard this. Imagine, $.79 for a fifth of premium fortified wine, albeit of undisclosed vintage. "The American Classic of Bum Wines." Citrus wine with natural flavors and caramel color… vinted and bottled in Modesto, California.  (Trust your sarcasm meter's in good working order.)

I thought you guys were going to ask me:

What's the reason?

A:  It's Rugby Season

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I'm going with Harrell has a clause in his contract that he can leave at anytime for a promotion, ala Kliffy, but can't leave 30 days prior to a signing period if for the same position.  

My theory is he gets a bonus paid for being on staff on Dec 19.  

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

I fear if we fuck up the coordinator hires, it will open the window for aggy to realize their full potential as a true elite football powerhouse (i.e. the next Alabama).

This post has got aggy thinking about some snatch...sheep snatch.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 2

But if Ash becomes DC for tOSU then Herman sucks for not hiring Ash right away because obviously Ash is awesome if tOSU wants him.

Do I have that right?

Yes. The wringing of pussy over Herman possibly making a comfort hire in Ash has now become a wringing of pussy over Herman not making a comfort hire in Ash based off of zero reports of Ash having done anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Modessit said:

So if Herman hires Ash then Herman sucks for hiring his buddy who sucks. But if Ash becomes DC for tOSU then Herman sucks for not hiring Ash right away because obviously Ash is awesome if tOSU wants him.

Do I have that right?

Correct. We need to get tOSU to hire Ash and only then can Herman hire him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Modessit said:

So if Herman hires Ash then Herman sucks for hiring his buddy who sucks. But if Ash becomes DC for tOSU then Herman sucks for not hiring Ash right away because obviously Ash is awesome if tOSU wants him.

Do I have that right?

You do. But a shorter way to say it is Herman sucks.  

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

No news is good news. We’re performing a diligent search that will surface the best candidates for the job and ensure we bring coordinators in that will return Texas to its former glory.

Tom Herman’s got this.

Woof, woof, barf, barf, bow wow. Whatever the fuck.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

^^^ What does "wooooof woof woooo rawr rawr" even mean??  

So for folks who don't want Ash as the next Texas DC, you may get your wish if he goes to ohio state.

And many of them will now post about how pissed they are that OSU hired him and we didn't. Because when OSU hires him it will be because they know something and her really is a great coordinator and Tom was to stupid to know that and hire him first. 

TL:DR Surly gonna Surly

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

No news is good news. We’re performing a diligent search that will surface the best candidates for the job and ensure we bring coordinators in that will return Texas to its former glory.

Tom Herman’s got this.

Watching your tumbledown on this thread has been a pleasure to watch. 

It’s at the point for me now that I can fathom almost any outcome. Herman could announce himself for all open positions. He could name Bozo the Clown as the new OC. He could bring Zach Smith in as the WR coach. He could just randomly start appearing shirtless and disoriented in public. I think we have to begin to come to terms with the concept that the only certainty here is abject despair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Watching your tumbledown on this thread has been a pleasure to watch. 

It’s at the point for me now that I can fathom almost any outcome. Herman could announce himself for all open positions. He could name Bozo the Clown as the new OC. He could bring Zach Smith in as the WR coach. He could just randomly start appearing shirtless and disoriented in public. I think we have to begin to come to terms with the concept that the only certainty here is abject despair. 

uspw_4126098.jpg

On 10/26/2019 at 5:35 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’ll see wholesale changes on this staff and it won’t matter. 

Tom Herman is fucked. I think he’s lost this program and doesn’t have any personal equity with the players to win their commitment back.

Shit is about to get ugly and the upcoming coaching searches are going to be a shitshow.

To be fair, @closetojumping, I hit rock bottom on this coaching search in October. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Chris Ash had some dominant defenses at Rutgers - won 2 Big 10 games in 4 years lol. 

I'm sure Ohio State is falling all over themselves to hire this bum 

If only there were some precedent for a shit HC going on to become one of the best and highest paid DCs in college football. 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I can't be the only one on here thinking that this combo would be pretty great?

I agree. If this guy is going to damage the program, I’d like for him to do so in unthinkable ways that are so fucking absurd that they border on performance art and make the on-field humiliation more palatable. 

• Like 1