2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So Harrell really was never offered if thats the amount USC got him at. Herman better have a good fucking plan that we're all just too stupid to understand and is super under wraps. Its pretty fucking apparent that the $9.95s have less than 0 clue

Why are we assuming that he wasn’t offered or the numbers reported were false? I could see a scenario where GH decides that a $800k less annual salary is worth it to not coach under CTH.

• Like 1

Or Harrell took less to stay at USC. Or even more likely, we had agreed to 1.5 and Herman pulled the offer when Harrell tried to pull the trigger. 

Occam’s razor says Herman doesn’t have a fucking plan, or if he does he’s executing it to perfection and the plan is I’m The Smartest Man Alive. 

In all fairness, Occam was kind of a dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

What a fucking whiff (provided all of this info and conjecture checks out).

may be one of the bigger whiffs by the UT athletic dept of my lifetime... again, provided harrell was actually a target

Who knows anything given that we apparently have Schrodinger's Defensive Coordinator on the other side of the ball.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Never mind that Colin Johnson missed almost the entire season. Other than Duvernay, he was the only WR with any kind of consistency. My hope is the new OC will look at Malcolm Epps and move him to the portal or TE.

Hopefully Eagles, Smith, and Washington are our starting WR's next year.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Or Harrell took less to stay at USC. Or even more likely, we had agreed to 1.5 and Herman pulled the offer when Harrell tried to pull the trigger. 

Occam’s razor says Herman doesn’t have a fucking plan, or if he does he’s executing it to perfection and the plan is I’m The Smartest Man Alive. 

Or the rumors that he didn’t want to give full staff choices to the OC

I feel like loading up with pessimism is a very unpleasant way to go through life. 

I get it to a point, but ffs! All of these OC positions that were open and Harrell was only mentioned as a possibility for one, and we're acting like we missed out on Jesus.

I feel like loading up with pessimism is a very unpleasant way to go through life. 

I get it to a point, but ffs! All of these OC positions that were open and Harrell was only mentioned as a possibility for one, and we're acting like we missed out on Jesus.

Hell maybe we did

So Ash got leaked (no formal UT announcement), and now with the Harrell news, what are the chances a DC and OC get announced tomorrow before signing day? Gotta say, it would be nice. With as much as people say Herman is universally disliked, it’s interesting that he’s been able to hang onto a top 10 recruiting class without coordinators and a bunch of dudes waiting to get fired.

16 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Sigh....now that Graham Harrell is staying with USC, bring on Rhett Lashlee. I think @Hiphopopotamoshas sold me on Lashlee.

Fyi...  SMU football will head to the Boca Raton Bowl, and will face Florida Atlantic in the game that will be played at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday Dec. 21, and aired on ABC. It will be a true home game for FAU. 

Edited by LTtxfan

From TFB

As Super K mentioned earlier this week it appears that offensive coordinator candidate Graham Harrell has chosen to stay at USC:

“***I know there have been some reports that Harrell is still in play. All I can tell you is that I’ve reached out to multiple people on the USC and they’ve simply said that if Harrell is planning on leaving, he’s doing a heck of an acting job. Behind the scenes, he seems to be assuring them that he is staying. Take that for what it’s worth.

***I can also confirm that Harrell is telling recruits that he’s staying. Again, take that for what it’s worth.

***USC folks say that Harrell does not believe Herman will fully give him the reigns to the offense.

***Either way, we should know something after the early signing period ends.

***Should Herman strike out on Harrell, a name that might be worth watching is that of Kansas State OC, Courtney Messingham. I did not hear his name mentioned as a candidate but he’s coached multiple positions, he’s coached with Herman, he could help with the Texas run game and he sure did a number on Oklahoma this past season”

Super K was on top of this search as he also brought up Kansas State OC Courtney Messingham as a potential fit for Tom Herman and that train of thought seems to be picking up more steam as well.

We will bring you more updates when we get them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Hell maybe we did emoji2373.png

I think it was nice to hear a name that 1) is good at their job and 2) isn't in Herman's comfort zone.  The reaction isn't necessarily solely related to this specific hire falling apart, but moreso confirming many fans' preconceived notions of the type of people Herman wants to bring in.

I think it was nice to hear a name that 1) is good at their job and 2) isn't in Herman's comfort zone.  The reaction isn't necessarily solely related to this specific hire falling apart, but moreso confirming many fans' preconceived notions of the type of people Herman wants to bring in.

I can get that part of it, but without knowing who all is seriously being considered... ahhh fuck it