2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

His results at Auburn were often tepid with Malzahn reclaiming playcalling duties more than once, and Dykes has a long history of good offense. They’re meshing the two very well, but I’d like to see Lashlee do it without a superior offensive mind providing him with training wheels. 

Do I have good news for you! he won't have to be without a superior offensive mind at Texas..

Just now, satyanash said:

We would indeed be all over Sonny Dykes, but he's not on the market right now. Dykes' QB coaching (he did it with Nick Foles and Jared Goff before) is the key to that offensive turnaround.

From my understanding Lashlee called all of the plays, and I think he did a good job of that. But your point is a fair one, and considered. 

46 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It probably won't though. Vaccaro did the same shit and got drafted in the first.

Also, Grant Delpit is probably still first round. 2 missed tackles per game (the way PFF counts a missed tackle - i.e. clearly missed a sure tackle) puts him among the worst tacklers in FBS this year.  Tackling doesn't matter.

Edited by JBJ

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

It was obvious that there was some behind the scenes talk with Harrell before the season ended by how quickly his name was floated by every single UT source. The fact that Herman didn’t close here is disastrous.

There's other OCs, dude.

A good sign, nah. Disastrous, also nah.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bevo said:

That's what I thought. Apparently, the offense is not outdated like some are stating.

Never mind that Colin Johnson missed almost the entire season. Other than Duvernay, he was the only WR with any kind of consistency. My hope is the new OC will look at Malcolm Epps and move him to the portal or TE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder who will end up having been the number one target all along. Only have to wait until they announce his hiring. 

IMO, it has to be Lashlee.  can't have another name roll out and fail again.  he'll agree to whatever Herman wants.

• Like 1

How shortsighted of so many. The 4D Grand Master is so far above everyone else that it'll never be believed, until it actually goes down.

Urban is coming. Yes, he is. And he's a three-year Head Football Coach, at 11.7 Megabux per annum. MensaTom is stepping down to OC, and will be both running our incredible new PoweRaid Offense, and getting OJT from The Pope. Following Urban's second national championship, he'll be promoted to Assistant Athletic Director (at UT, not tOSU - he's already Assistant Athletic Director there)., and MensaTom will be back in the Head Coach's office.

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So Harrell really was never offered if thats the amount USC got him at. Herman better have a good fucking plan that we're all just too stupid to understand and is super under wraps. Its pretty fucking apparent that the $9.95s have less than 0 clue

Or Harrell took less to stay at USC. Or even more likely, we had agreed to 1.5 and Herman pulled the offer when Harrell tried to pull the trigger. 

Occam’s razor says Herman doesn’t have a fucking plan, or if he does he’s executing it to perfection and the plan is I’m The Smartest Man Alive. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So Harrell really was never offered if thats the amount USC got him at. Herman better have a good fucking plan that we're all just too stupid to understand and is super under wraps. Its pretty fucking apparent that the $9.95s have less than 0 clue

my guess is our offer was probably 2 years but who knows.  wonder if harrell's contract has some incentives/perks(besides living in SoCal)