2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Look peak depression on this thread was early November when you should have realized this shit show was coming while simultaneously realizing that the net result of it won’t fucking matter.
this is the exciting part, where we ignore the reality of the situation (Tom Herman is a fucking fraud) and pretend like we’re putting the final pieces in place to make a playoff run (see: [mention=493]Walden Ponderer[/mention]). 

2020 team is going to have a whole new attitude, gentlemen.

I have no clue why you're using all of these words when all I was asking was for the man to hit you with a good ole fashioned "that's what your mom told me." Possibly a "last night" attached, but I'm not too picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

I don't need sources, or this whole got damned novella of guilty conscienced drivel, I just want to know what the fuck people are talking about before I entertain it much further, and consider bringing it up in discussions I have with others.

It shouldn't bother you this bad.

Bother me? Look, fatass, the only thing that bothers me in this thread is when an idiot sprints by on their way to run their head into a brick wall, stopping long enough to display their lack of understanding about what is happening here. And what’s happening here, retard? Well, a bunch of hints, rumors, innuendo and suppositions all wrapped up in the kind of holistic pessimism that would make The Peanuts gang blanch. So if you’re looking for “relayable information” , RomaVicta attempted that thread around here somewhere. Go find it and fuck off while we continue our exercise in futility. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Bother me? Look, fatass, the only thing that bothers me in this thread is when an idiot sprints by on their way to run their head into a brick wall, stopping long enough to display their lack of understanding about what is happening here. And what’s happening here, retard? Well, a bunch of hints, rumors, innuendo and suppositions all wrapped up in the kind of holistic pessimism that would make The Peanuts gang blanch. So if you’re looking for “relayable information” , RomaVicta attempted that thread around here somewhere. Go find it and fuck off while we continue our exercise in futility. 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

You keep posting shit like this and it’s as fucking dense as your recruiting takes. Are you requiring or expecting interviews from players to come out in which they state that they do not like Ash by name? If not, what are you expecting? Continually espousing the premise that “nobody knows shit and this is all bulletin board bullshit” is fine for something like the coaching searches. Stating that regarding sentiments of recruits and players, when it is a given fucking fact that the $9.95ers actually do talk to those people and then pass on their thoughts is your own personal idiocy and the board doesn’t need to be constantly peppered with it. 
This is one of those guys that originally showed up to the recruiting board demanding sources as though he has a right, and then claimed that nobody knew shit until it was repeatedly obvious that some did. This is a continuation of that same stupid logic. Not everyone is totally disconnected in every way to the UT organization, dumbfuck. 

Do you have any sources that can confirm he came to the recruiting board demanding sources?

A simple "your mother bothers me" would have sufficed.

• Like 1

Do you have any sources that can confirm he came to the recruiting board demanding sources?

Hell I'm sure I did when I first wondered onto this thing.
In reality, I'm just asking for what I've missed, but I guess the SmackOff template responses are enough to help read between the lines. Oouuut

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Look peak depression on this thread was early November when you should have realized this shit show was coming while simultaneously realizing that the net result of it won’t fucking matter.

this is the exciting part, where we ignore the reality of the situation (Tom Herman is a fucking fraud) and pretend like we’re putting the final pieces in place to make a playoff run (see: @Walden Ponderer). 

2020 team is going to have a whole new attitude, gentlemen.

All of this. Reboots don’t work. It’s fun to fantasize that we’ll hire all the right dudes and pull off the Dabo of the century to get this thing on track.  But it will fail. Maybe even spectacularly. 

We’re probably due for a dead cat bounce 2020 season with 9 total wins which will prolong the inevitable by one more year unless the BMDs have truly had enough. Otherwise it’s time to just straddle the nuclear weapon and watch the coming Tompocolypse from our front row seats. Bitching all the way of course. 

• Like 2

When talking about creativity, it isn’t creating some overly complex play like never before seen artwork. It’s having the ability to look at your base offense and figure out multiple options off the same look/personnel grouping. It’s about finding ways to attack the defense and hit them where they are weak. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

"Did we do anything that creative and awesome before Harsin arrived?"

January 1, 1982  - Cotton Bowl- QB draw for the first score against Alabama - creative in the sense that Brewer was tired of running from the 'bama blitz, so he called timeout, came to the sideline and demanded a decent play. boom 30 yard TD. 

GD years - One year GD had us come out in 5 wide against OU.  Totally confused them, because we hadn't shown that formation all year.  OU adjusted somewhat in the 2nd half, but I am pretty sure we won.  Don't have a clue who was QB.  

Yeah, not to mention that whole wishbone thing.

But that was a long, long time ago.

Anyone care to listen to the Flagship podcast for useful info and report back? Good excuse to avoid your family during Christmas...

https://megaphone.link/CBS5700693013 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Tom-Herman-offensive-coordinator-search-Mike-Yurcich-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-141062766/Amp/ 

Edited by KYHorn

When talking about creativity, it isn’t creating some overly complex play like never before seen artwork. It’s having the ability to look at your base offense and figure out multiple options off the same look/personnel grouping. It’s about finding ways to attack the defense and hit them where they are weak. 
I remember sushihorn doing a good write up in the past few years after the TCU game where he showed how we basically kept using the same formation in different attacks as Patterson tried to adjust and each different attack worked. There was a lot of attaboys about how well we kept exploiting the TCU defense after they moved personnel to stop one thing that worked and then we'd switch to something else - all from the same basic formation. I thought that was pretty smart. I don't know what happened to stop that - whether other teams figured out how to block all possible attacks to make it useless or if we just stopped trying to do that.

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Anyone care to listen to the Flagship podcast for useful info and report back? Good excuse to avoid your family during Christmas...

https://megaphone.link/CBS5700693013 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Tom-Herman-offensive-coordinator-search-Mike-Yurcich-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-141062766/Amp/ 

About all I got out of it was an OSU 9.95’er giving the thumbs up for Yurcich’s coaching ability. Not much that hasn’t been covered here. 

34 minutes ago, Modessit said:
7 hours ago, taybo20 said:

I remember sushihorn doing a good write up in the past few years after the TCU game where he showed how we basically kept using the same formation in different attacks as Patterson tried to adjust and each different attack worked. There was a lot of attaboys about how well we kept exploiting the TCU defense after they moved personnel to stop one thing that worked and then we'd switch to something else - all from the same basic formation. I thought that was pretty smart. I don't know what happened to stop that - whether other teams figured out how to block all possible attacks to make it useless or if we just stopped trying to do that.

My surface level take is that the drop off at TE this year meant a lot of the multiplicity got undermined. Andrew Beck really allowed Herman’s offense to be stable. The RRS from ‘18 featured the same type stuff—hurry up tempo with ability to get into 5 wide or inline TE or H-back all without subbing. Beck could block above average and still be a credible receiving threat. This year’s TEs seemed below average at both. 

But I don’t recommend paying attention to me, I generally just parrot Ian Boyd, that is, when I’m not parroting Scipio. 

Edited by Llewelyn Moss
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DeweyCox said:

About all I got out of it was an OSU 9.95’er giving the thumbs up for Yurcich’s coaching ability. Not much that hasn’t been covered here. 

they didnt cover the terms of his new contract at Texas and when he will be meeting with our players and recruits. 

shit journalism in my opinion. 

Can’t wait for 9.95er pre spring game hype about how creative the offense is and we’ve never looked better only to shit the bed

Really can't wait for Tom to get fired next year while Urban is already at Oklahoma and we hire Art Brapels.

But I do think that Kendal and Major will make a great OC/Passing Game Coordinator combo.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 11

On 12/24/2019 at 10:15 AM, closetojumping said:

I can’t understand anyone lamenting Overshown transferring, if that happens. Yeah, he hits like a ton of bricks and shows plenty of talent. He also cannot handle being dinged up. He’s made of glass and that will always be the case. He should stay and see what’s in store, but fuck him if he checks out. 

Sorry, but this x 1000.  Cut from the same mold as CJ in terms of durability and desire.