Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
4 hours ago, TXpride said:
Tom Herman

I hate to say it, but if we can't get Urban Meyer, then we need to be really careful. There is no point in replacing Tom Herman with another Tom Herman or a Charlie Strong. In my thinking, there is only one man on the list, and his name is Urban Meyer.

This shit right here^
Cannot be emphasized enough 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
5 hours ago, TXpride said:
Tom Herman

I hate to say it, but if we can't get Urban Meyer, then we need to be really careful. There is no point in replacing Tom Herman with another Tom Herman or a Charlie Strong. In my thinking, there is only one man on the list, and his name is Urban Meyer.

Post in alignment with thread title.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
Tom Herman

The truth is there are only a handful of elite coaches in the country. Cristobal appears to have Oregon back on track and recruits like a motherfucker, but I'd like to see him do it for another year or two. Matt Campbell has produced roughly the same results as Herman with far less resources, but he's never proven he can be elite (and probably never will at ISU). Franklin and Fleck are not worth making a change for. I can't see us going the G5 route again with Fickell. I think it's Herman or Urban next season.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
Tom Herman

I hate to agree with this. Part of me is saying he needs to go now, but I don't want just another TH or CS. And if we do keep TH we're gonna have to deal with at least another year of shit football with a new qb at the helm. I know, I know, if he can't do it with a 4 year starter he can't do it, but I'd rather keep him and see what Card/JQJ can do than end up in another 5 year purgatory when we can fire him in 2 more or so when a coach with skins on the wall might want to take over. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hate to agree with this. Part of me is saying he needs to go now, but I don't want just another TH or CS. And if we do keep TH we're gonna have to deal with at least another year of shit football with a new qb at the helm. I know, I know, if he can't do it with a 4 year starter he can't do it, but I'd rather keep him and see what Card/JQJ can do than end up in another 5 year purgatory when we can fire him in 2 more or so when a coach with skins on the wall might want to take over. 

Exactly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't know shit, but I find it hard to believe that CDC and the big money donors want to risk aggy really running this state with Jimbo Fisher.  CDC will be the most hated AD in history if those clowns in College Station become relevant in the SEC and we continue to lose to teams like Maryland and the sweaty fucker.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:
6 hours ago, TXpride said:
Tom Herman

At least make a few calls, even if you know the answer(s) in advance:  Dabo (he'll say no), Shanahan (he'll say no),  Tressel (too old), Petersen (who knows).  If that comes up empty, then you have to decide if you think hiring Fickell would be trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

33 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Still has the M crossed out in her own name... Michigan fans that hope they can get him are wasting their time.

I was wondering what that was about. She really crossed out the M in her own name because of Meatchicken? 

I like this chick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man, she has to have a literal crack addiction or something. She's unrecognizable in that pic, or its just that I haven't seen the movie in almost 15 years. 

Shame on you.

15 years?

That film should be required watching at least annually.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

So, is that No he’s not done coaching, No he’s not going somewhere in a year or two-rather this year, No not giving thoughts, or No he won’t be coaching again?  An ambiguous No to be sure, maybe she’s alluding to Baylor?

Guys talk to people about jobs all the time even though their wives don’t want them to. 

13 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
18 hours ago, TXpride said:
Tom Herman

This is correct. If it isn’t Urban, just keep the mediocre guy you have.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, Tex Pete said:

Nah; we need those nursing big bucks to buy out Herman and hire Urban.

The funny thing is a CRNA isn’t truly an RN. You can be an RN without ever graduating from college. A CRNA is more like an advanced degree, similar to a Physician’s Assistant (PA). CRNAs usually have a supervising Anesthesiologist, but not always. My wife worked in a hospital that lost their anesthesiologists for a while (retirement and death), so the CRNAs took over in a limited fashion (i.e. - they could do unsupervised intrathecals, but not epidurals).

Once the hospital got a couple of anesthesiologists hired, it became apparent how much an inferiority complex the CRNAs had. They quickly came to think of themselves as doctors, then reality returned. 

They do make good money, about what most pediatricians make and more than most PAs.

CRNA talk not going away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

TIFWIW but 247 has a thread about ScottButter at the South Carolina site saying CUM to Texas is a done deal. 10037959.jpg10037978.jpg10038028.jpg

Unless I’m dumb I feel like we’re missing the main proclamation in this thread. Did scottbutter claim CUM is a Texas lock? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic