Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, dalhorn1 said:

My source?  It’s a source. But what does it matter, since I’m a lunatic aggy (oxymoron, I know). 
I was, and still am,hoping this source is wrong, or I was being lied to. But, I doubt it. 
When it comes to things like knowing bad news, it seems like I have the fast track. 
Keep up with the neg reps, though. I have to plead ignorance- does net rep get me banned from forums?  

you joined in March 2018 and you don't know? fuck off aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And in 1998 we were Stunned and Pissed that we ended up with Mack Brown.

That went okay.

Remember that we have an actual professional athletic director who is concerned about doing his job well right now, which is something we haven't had since... well, it's been a lot longer than a decade. And to say that he's hired coaches well since he was brought on board is an understatement.

Trust, but verify, but even if UM turns us down, there's good reason to hope.

I'm with you, I'll be pissed if its not UM. But, I'll be willing to give CDC the benefit of the doubt. 

4 minutes ago, dalhorn1 said:

My source?  It’s a source. But what does it matter, since I’m a lunatic aggy (oxymoron, I know). 
I was, and still am,hoping this source is wrong, or I was being lied to. But, I doubt it. 
When it comes to things like knowing bad news, it seems like I have the fast track. 
Keep up with the neg reps, though. I have to plead ignorance- does net rep get me banned from forums?  

Why are you such a bitch about this? Just tell us you have a source that he isn't coming. Hardly the first one we have heard. If he doesn't, he doesn't. It is not like coaches who are not coaching G5 programs are falling over themselves to take the Texas job anyway.

I can see no reason for giving us shit about being deluded and whining about banning and all this ridiculous acting out. It kind of makes it look like you are a troll.

As for neg reps, it will take a collective effort to ban you. I guess keep asking for it and people will deliver eventually.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Dummy said:

I haven't the slightest fucking clue what I'm supposed to do with this information. You have two degrees that you don't use professionally? Is that a humble brag or a joke or what? What about this is a shell game? 

Star Wars Reaction GIF

well the world needs ditch diggers 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Just got one of these things so I can keep drinking on the patio til we sign urbs

b50e2e3a688c394be3093045f8f9d080.jpg

I'm told you can heat up a brisket with that thing. Just have to rotate it properly.

1 minute ago, THUJONE said:

We. Are. Not. On. Meyer's. Timeline. 

He's. On. Ours.

He's a yes and has agreed to abide until we fire the derelict.

Team Thujone.

21 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That would leak because Tom's people would try to blow it all up for UM and Texas. I don't think so. They may strongly suspect it but I doubt CDC told him. 

It would leak because there's no way in hell he wouldn't tell his coaches and then it's everywhere

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Exactly.  I said before that even if we fire Herman and announce Urban early next week, we’ve already fucked up tremendously. And the longer this goes unresolved, the more I suspect we are not getting Urban. In fact I would be very surprised if we do get him, and not as thrilled at that time if we did hire him. Because hours and days matter to the people that matter. Not fans, not current players - but recruits. The ESD has changed everything, and we haven’t adjusted. 

I’m resigned to the high probability we will not get UM and see @futuremanfist himself. I don’t know what we do from here. 

Yup. We’re operating behind the times. For fucks sake South Carolina can pony up the money for a 13 million dollar buy out but we pussy foot. It’s embarrassing and a representative of our “culture” that we prefer to talk about winning more than winning. 

7 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

He's. On. Ours.

I'm new and have no idea who you are, but apparently you're kind of a big deal. You have my blind and absolute trust.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I know I’m just an anonymous asshole on the internet, but y’all need to trust me on one thing in particular. Herman is toast. There is nothing he can do to save his job at this point. I’m quite sure we are giving him time and dignity to bolster the pr line of “we just couldn’t turn Urban down”. That’s a much smarter and more savvy way of reducing his buyout compared to the alcoholic philanderer angle.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, dalhorn1 said:

The word you're looking for is redundant.  Oxymoron is where terms contradict each other, like openminded aggy

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Ok you have to be kidding me. 175 for 12 hours? You cut it like it’s a rack of ribs and you started on the point against the grain and didn’t even cut the flat. You admitted to using pellets and you aren’t ashamed of it, but you should be. 

No offense of course. And fucking welcome to Surly!

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Just posted by RGL

I wanna strangle this guy

He's a joker. He has been saying today and when it looks like not today he is preaching patience. You gave a timeline motherfucker!  Listen prick we haven't got much sleep. We're either drunk, hungover or both. Nerves are fried. We need this fuckstick fired. 

1 hour ago, Lou Sassle said:

Oak/mesquite! I had a big ass, home made, offset smoker when I still lived in TX, but now I live in PA and don't have anywhere to put one. So my brother bought me a pellet smoker. It's not the same, but its better than nothing. 

I’m not so sure....

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

No offense of course. And fucking welcome to Surly!

No offense taken! Everyone likes their meat different. I like mine tender AF! And fuck how it looks.... it was fucking delicious

It's damn near impossible to offend me anyway lol

Edited by Lou Sassle

17 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

He's. On. Ours.

I hope that you are right, but I would feel better if you had used MS Paint for the post.  It would feel more official.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Monkeys can't spell.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, icanhazLHN? said:

Thujone is RapGameLarry???

ancient aliens GIF

Have YOU ever seen them together in the same room? I sure as hell haven't!

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

SIAP Who cuts brisket like that? . It looks like meatloaf Monday at the prison.

is that brisket or pot roast?

Ms JW says it looks like a possum got a hold of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic