Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

“If necessary “.  That’s Burton’s hedge.  Why would the bor want herm gone?   This either pushes IT past OB or it kills their credibility forever

I think the if necessary was referring to waiting till after the bowl games not the search itself 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I think the if necessary was referring to waiting till after the bowl games not the search itself 

Only if the hedge is that Herman gets thoroughly demolished in the bowl game. If he wins, he’s not fired, maybe even if it’s close. If it’s a blowout to a team like UNC, I think money comes rushing in to get literally anyone.

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That's the way I read it. Seems like a push will be made on somebody that is tied into next weekend (Mullen, Meyer, Campbell, etc.) and if that fails then we start looking at the lesser candidates 

Well there isn't any rules keeping our crew from recruiting Urban is there?  I can put off my trip to South Texas for a week or so.  I say we gather up a convoy and head North and convince him it would be better for his health to come on down to the 40.  You know what I mean?

2 1/2 weeks ago the reports were that people at UT had never been "more aligned" with anything regarding the football program. They supposedly were all on the same page in reference to what needed to happen.

And now we're being told that it didn't happen, and it's CDC's fault, but no details. Did he sabotage the deal? What gives? Or was he never in the "fully aligned" camp in the first place?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I think you mean it aligns with my view. that uninformed midget pays $9.95 for his opinions.

don’t ever forget that on this whole goddamn board—all of longhorn online media, even—I am the only one who was right from day one. because I am plugged in at the very top. seriously. 

I thought you were plugged in the bottom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I can believe it and I definitely think CDC botched it. 

I'm not defending CDC or saying he got this right. I have no idea on that front, but if you really think a $10M donor communicates with the AD through a message board, I dunno what to tell you. Maybe you'll believe just about anything. That guy's already been debunked as a fraud anyway, iirc.

Edited by wood

Just now, wood said:

If you really think a $10M donor communicates with the AD through a message board, I dunno what to tell you. Maybe you'll believe just about anything. That guy's already been debunked as a fraud anyway, iirc.

I’ve seen pissed off people do way more stupid things than that. I’ll repeat what I said CDC botched this.  

7 hours ago, Gigglebush said:

You know if the Urban deal doesn't work out I actually think our next best option is hiring Mack Brown. UNC is starting to look like a powerhouse and Mack's recruiting staff is no joke. Imagine what he could do with Texas' resources?!

Those resources paired with a guy like that who kills himself in Florida on the recruiting trail....

giphy-37.gif.d512afa322e8b9962e614a324448b4d1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’ve seen pissed off people do way more stupid things than that. I’ll repeat what I said CDC botched this.  

I have no idea what CDC did or didn't botch (likely just like you), but iirc that supposed BMD has been exposed as a fraud already by other posters there.

Edited by wood

My thought and prayer this morning is that with the release of cdc vague statement taken out of context to mean Herman is back in 2021 makes the right people sick to their stomach (or backlash is overwhelming) and this helps align for a final successful push for CUM

5A9C0AE5-96E7-4B01-B9E3-90D13101507C.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Reading between the lines it seems like the actual powers that be at the university put CDC in his place. 

That's how it reads assuming Burton is accurate (and as far as I can tell, he's been the most accurate and reliable). That reads like the BoR and  the Pres putting CDC in his place and cutting him off at the knees.

53 minutes ago, wood said:

I missed this bit earlier. The view? Whose view? The 9.95ers? Yours? Not sure that's what ctj is saying either. 

@wood, see CTJ's post from last note at the link below.  Basically, CDC has probably fucked up UM coming.  Apparently not fully behind getting UM and made it clear enough to UM that he likely sees the lack of alignment and AD support he would want.  That's how it reads to me.

CTJ Post About CDC Fucking Up Urban

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

What i'm saying is this. If landing Urban was as easy as getting CDC out of the way, then why is CDC still here? Unless the "powers that be" are as retarded as you're alleging CDC to be.

CDC has actually done a remarkable fundraising job for the SEZ and Moody Center. He also has done well with minor sports hires so he has some lead way I think. His job will be determined by who is on the sidelines next season. I’d say 2022-2023 we would know. Missing out on Urban sucks but CDC time here will be evaluated by the football coach. Winning in football will bring donations in and propel revenue. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

CDC has actually done a remarkable fundraising job for the SEZ and Moody Center. 

Sounds a lot like Deloss.  Work like hell to raise funds despite the shitty football program you oversee.  Failing to recognize in both cases that if you just build a fucking winning football program the fundraising takes care of itself.  Stupid arrogant fuckers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

@wood, see CTJ's post from last note at the link below.  Basically, CDC has probably fucked up UM coming.  Apparently not fully behind getting UM and made it clear enough to UM that he likely sees the lack of alignment and AD support he would want.  That's how it reads to me.

So basically our high fallutin, high paid AD is only good for softball and women's basketball. The more shit changes, the more shit stays the same.

22 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Maybe so, but I read it as CDC's resistance to UM eventually got him booted from the process, and that with Hartzell and the BoR/Eltife taking things over, that UM is back in play (i.e. the guy we want not being available til next Sunday). The 'guy we want' is Meyer, and he's not available until next Sunday.

Remember a while back we heard the beginnings of this, with Hartzell and Eltife taking over and Eltife flying all over courting Meyer.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest.

Edited by wood

13 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Already emailed CDC and said due to his decision to retain Turtle that I will be cancelling my season tickets

Unfortunately CDC couldn't care less about anything I'd have to tell him. Being a "t-shirt fan" that doesnt wear t-shirts, I guesstimate I've spent no more than $30k  over my adult life on UT events and merchandise. Hardly enough to raise an eyebrow but I guess there's strength in numbers..

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

20 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

If that’s true hiring urban should be really easy. Circle back to him and ask who he’d like to be AD and then make that happen. Bye Chris. 
don’t see this as super likely, but whatever. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If that’s true hiring urban should be really easy. Circle back to him and ask who he’d like to be AD and then make that happen. Bye Chris. 
don’t see this as super likely, but whatever. 

Or just bring in an Asst. AD in charge of football, as we've heard rumored.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

2 1/2 weeks ago the reports were that people at UT had never been "more aligned" with anything regarding the football program. They supposedly were all on the same page in reference to what needed to happen.

And now we're being told that it didn't happen, and it's CDC's fault, but no details. Did he sabotage the deal? What gives? Or was he never in the "fully aligned" camp in the first place?

It's cover being fed to the mid level insiders because UM needs time to get his staff without wrecking Ohio state's season. Yes it will piss people off for a month 

So as @closetojumping said earlier, the guy we want won’t be available till Sunday at the earliest. I’m going to assume it’s a college guy, if so it would mean it is one of the following who play in the CCG

Fickell- don’t see it

Saban- not going there

Dabo- no chance

Kelly- doubtful

Napier- think we are shooting higher

chadwell- see Napier 

Campbell- CTJ already said it’s not him

Day- no shot

Fitzgerald- no he’s staying at Northwestern

Riley- lol no

Just leaves Mullen IMO...yes please

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Or just bring in an Asst. AD in charge of football, as we've heard rumored.

And make it clear that CDC is not allowed to step foot down there?  What’s the end play there if he doesn’t think CDC is aligned with him. Better for everyone to just fire cdc and get it done with if that’s the case imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And make it clear that CDC is not allowed to step foot down there?  What’s the end play there if he doesn’t think CDC is aligned with him. Better for everyone to just fire cdc and get it done with if that’s the case imo. 

Yeah I was just throwing that out there. Like you, I also wonder how well that would work out & what kinds of potential issues might arise from such an arrangement.

Edited by wood

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic