Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

He wouldn’t.   No way they’ve told Herman he is being fired.  He may know it is happening but that’s a lot different than being told it’s happening.  

Besides, why would they risk letting him know?  He could try to screw things up like Brown did. 

I'm not saying he has been told but it happens in the corporate world all the time. 

"Hey Mr. SVP we are going to move in a new direction.  we can do this the easy way or the hard way.  Easy way you make a lot of money.  hard way...well"

"here is our timeline.  are you good with that?" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not saying he has been told but it happens in the corporate world all the time. 

"Hey Mr. SVP we are going to move in a new direction.  we can do this the easy way or the hard way.  Easy way you make a lot of money.  hard way...well"

"here is our timeline.  are you good with that?" 

Yep ... but I'm guessing this will fall on deaf ears for some here.

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm sure the somewhat thin argument there is that we presented Herman with some dirt on him that could be used to reduce/eliminate the buyout and told him "sign this" and we will let you go quietly at the right time with all your shit.

In other words...we blackmailed him.

I prefer the term negotiated with him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, senorfussybutt said:

Missed that. What did he say?

Omenihu took to his Twitter timeline on Dec. 19, while the Big 12 Championship Game between Oklahoma and Iowa State was on, to voice his thoughts on Herman and his staff. And then he did delete the post shortly thereafter.

He posted that “my senior year if we had better coaching we would have whopped them” in reference to the teams playing in the Big 12 Championship Game this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, is this a shit posting thread or do we still have actual Urban Truthers sincerely holding out hope in here while wearing their tinfoil hats?   I haven’t been keeping up for the last week, but still see this constantly at the top of the board.  

Urban truther right here.  Team tinfoil hats.  Suck it!!eric cartman kids GIF by South Park

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

You want to wager that someone here knows a fucking thing? Bold move.

I’m pretty confident based on who I talk to he is wrong. And he’s pretty confident. It sounds to me like we have a market. I just want to see if he willing to get some skin in the game or if he is just blustering as usual. 

26 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, is this a shit posting thread or do we still have actual Urban Truthers sincerely holding out hope in here while wearing their tinfoil hats?   I haven’t been keeping up for the last week, but still see this constantly at the top of the board.  

I think we’re a blend. I fall in the category of all good things come to those who wait; as in it’s happening ,   But just not on our timeline 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I think we’re a blend. I fall in the category of all good things come to those who wait; as in it’s happening ,   But just not on our timeline 

Solid 1064th post.  I agree it's not on our timeline. I expect to wake up to a ESPN alert on January 2nd Announcing "URBAN MEYER HAS BEEN NAMED HC AT TEXAS. Tom Herman will receive the alert the same time as us to further humiliate him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, senorfussybutt said:

Are we as a fan group suffering from that much battered-spouse syndrome that we cling to these conspiracies?

Yes. 

Occam’s razor would tell you we are fucking this up like we always do and Herman will be our coach next year.  

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

This is this board’s Alyssa Milano ice cream cone thread with the added fun that a sizable number of posters think that she’ll be by later tonight with a gallon of tutti frutti. 

Any good story needs a certain amount of suspension of disbelief or you’ll miss the fun. I’m ready for the Twitter Nostradamus posting only Seinfeld gifs to lead me to the Urban Meyer promised land.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

image.gif.a38b116485898e2578190f839a000e31.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

This is this board’s Alyssa Milano ice cream cone thread with the added fun that a sizable number of posters think that she’ll be by later tonight with a gallon of tutti frutti. 

Any good story needs a certain amount of suspension of disbelief or you’ll miss the fun. I’m ready for the Twitter Nostradamus posting only Seinfeld gifs to lead me to the Urban Meyer promised land.

image.gif.ea9139bb996b895bccfbb1a8dd01e0ee.gif

Wrong actress, chief.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mole said:

Well, since fisting is also involved with Seinfeld references, this seems apropos.

D1u6.gif.3c87fa6e98c99163269f41244f534956.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Mole said:

I seem to have missed that thread.  Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

14 minutes ago, Mole said:

Well, this is the thread about nothing until tOSU's season ends

90s free kramer GIF on GIFER - by Vikasa

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Mack wasn’t the only wrench in the works but he played a big role.

I don’t intend to dox myself or name drop; but @immamac can pm me and vet it out if he wants.  

I couldn’t care less how close we got.  We screwed it up then and appear to be screwing it up now.