Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, closetohumping said:

I know you find the IT guys as pretty decent ie they’re not stalling to add credibility or they’re not trying to drive subs.  But if fuckface Tom returns they are done

Good thing is he absolutely is not. I expect things to start to get pretty loud after the bowls

Bobby said he fully expects the change before NSD2. Sounds like it will happen really quickly after the bowls, which makes me think there is consensus on who we are talking to and a general pecking order

From the timelines and communications thus far from CDC, it seems clear they have their selection and they are somehow associated with the four playoff teams. Otherwise, they would go ahead and make the change. That would rule out Mullins, Fickel, etc. It probably means one of:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

It has to be one of these, assuming they aren’t waiting for the nfl playoffs too.

My bet is Kelly.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

From the timelines and communications thus far from CDC, it seems clear they have their selection and they are somehow associated with the four playoff teams. Otherwise, they would go ahead and make the change. That would rule out Mullins, Fickel, etc. It probably means one of:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

It has to be one of these, assuming they aren’t waiting for the nfl playoffs too.

My bet is Kelly.

I definitely think Kelly is a target, but I’d still include Campbell.  He’s said before that he cares a lot about winning a NY6 game at ISU. I would not he surprised at all if he wasn’t willing to even begin talking about the job until after that game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

My bet is Kelly.

image.gif.c022889196efa86f449508de04736b66.gif

image.gif.f4ac4322914616ef259f3a28c5902990.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm personally hoping none of our targets make it to the title game. I don't know if I can wait until January 11th. 

I'm pretty certain Clemson will beat Ohio State, so Urban can begin hiring his cronies on January 2nd.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

My bet is Kelly.

As of today Kelly is second (two wins behind Rockne) for wins as Notre Dame head coach.  I wonder if that even enters into his brain at all - staying one more year to take over as Notre Dame's all time winningest coach?

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

My bet is Kelly.

NO IT'S OBVIOUSLY SABAN OR DABO. FUCKING IDIOT! /people who also believe caddox

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As of today Kelly is second (two wins behind Rockne) for wins as Notre Dame head coach.  I wonder if that even enters into his brain at all - staying one more year to take over as Notre Dame's all time winningest coach?

Kelly strikes me as a guy who wants to win a title before he retires. He's 60 currently and I think he's about tapped out regarding talent level of ND. Looking at the ACC championship, the MNC vs Alabama, and the semi final game he has never had the Jimmy and Joe's to keep up with the teams he's faced. Playing Alabama should be another example of this. I think at Texas he will be able to recruit better talent than at ND due to the state recruiting, lack of academic standards in recruiting, and etc.

If he can get the talent to match his X's and O's the sky is the limit for a guy like Kelly who has done exceptional at just about all his stops. He'd also be the best hire from the X's and O's standpoint since DKR or early years Fred Akers. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

My bet is Kelly.

If IT is to believed (and we are using their timeline) then Elliot would not be a candidate.  They're apparently still sticking to the 'previous HC experience' requirement. 

So we'd be down to Meyer & Kelly - both of whom definitely satisfy CDC's desire for a coach who has built two different programs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Elliott
Sark
Meyer
Kelly

My bet is Kelly.

No one without hc experience.  I think we can talk to sark now.   I wouldn’t mind anyone on your list

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kelly strikes me as a guy who wants to win a title before he retires.

Maybe

But, he also strikes me as the guy who just got ass-raped by Clemson and will soon take it again from Bama. Yeah, recruiting is harder at ND. Still don't want.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What about this for potential....

Brian Kelly is named Texas head coach.

Brian Kelly goes out and poaches Mike Elko from Texas A&M.

Sounds like a great topic for a different thread.

Urban Meyer or Bust.  BDE.

Soldiers fire 155mm howitzer rounds from an M777

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Whatever you wanna say about Kelly, that's cool, but if it's seriously him we're targetting, I'd be pretty excited if he brought his old OL coach Harry Hiestand to Austin. Dude could 'croot and develop some OL, now. 

plus we could keep our HH monogrammed towels. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

oh fucking bullshit

Urban JUST NOW started kicking the tires on an NFL career? And he JUST NOW decided "you know, a guy who hasn't coached in twenty years is just the person to ask about it"...? He has no one else he can ask, and he's only just now (a year into his SECOND retirement from coaching) calling up people to ask about the NFL?

fucking retarded bullshit

FCB's articles and message board postings should be plopped on the "Fantasy" shelves at the local B&N. I wonder how long it took him to realize that both Urban and Johnson work for Fox, so he could dream up this nonsense. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

ND won't win on the 1st so by the next day or so we will know if he's a realistic target or not. If both tOSU and ND loses with no smoke then we could probably assume that Campbell is the target who doesn't play until the 2nd. 

But if tOSU wins and we hear absolutely nothing for a few days then we can feel pretty good that UM is coming to town after the CFP final.

Or we're waiting for Kubiak to get bounced in round 1...

23 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

oh fucking bullshit

Urban JUST NOW started kicking the tires on an NFL career? And he JUST NOW decided "you know, a guy who hasn't coached in twenty years is just the person to ask about it"...? He has no one else he can ask, and he's only just now (a year into his SECOND retirement from coaching) calling up people to ask about the NFL?

fucking retarded bullshit

and people pay for that shit (beyond the people on here that pay just to post his insanity)

• Hook 'Em 1