Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Just got word from one of my sources, he’s the brother of a cousin to the dog sitter for a BMD. Apparently Urban is coming here, you can bet on it. He is just deciding to wait because he wanted an extra challenge, so he let Herman finish off the shitty recruiting class he put together because that makes tons of sense.

He will instead be piecing this program back together using transfers. Some names I’ve heard are Tom Brady, Earl Campbell (from 1975), Jesus Christ, and others. Joining him on the sidelines is Nick Saban, because y’all had him once, so why wouldn’t he come now?!?!?!

the ghost of Michael Jackson will perform at halftimes

The good news is if your career in stand up doesn’t take off at least you have that awesome aggy network to build off of

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Enjoy virginity for the next 20 or so years till  you can find a sheep desperate enough. You figurelli mother fucker. Nothing more pathetic than someone going on another teams board to “troll”. I’m sure your Christmas season is full of nothing but friends, family and fun! Nothing says “people love me” like have the time to spend trolling on the internet 3 days before Christmas. You kissless aggy fuck. Have a good holiday 😘

You really think they ask the sheep for permission first?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why do you think Steve Sarkisian would be a good hire for head coach at the University of Texas?

*Kicked the booze problem

*Knows offense

*Has coached a lot of guys who've made it to the NFL

*Plus recruiter

*Mentored by Saban and Carroll

*I assume he's learned from his past failures.  

*At 46, he's still relatively young.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

What is IT saying about this news?  I'm actually ok with it.

Haven’t seen anything from them. I’m also ok with it if he’s actually sober but I think TFB is very behind on what’s actually going on. Which sucks cause they are very likeable and GREAT at recruiting info. Think they are more sooner focused for team/coach info

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Haven’t seen anything from them. I’m also ok with it if he’s actually sober but I think TFB is very behind on what’s actually going on. Which sucks cause they are very likeable and GREAT at recruiting info. Think they are more sooner focused for team/coach info

Didn't a first time poster pop up here and say Sark was gonna tell Saban he's taking our job?

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Can’t remember where I read it and it probably has little bearing but I read Sarkisian just agreed to a 3.5M extension with Alabama.  

After declining Auburn interview, they (Bama) were supposedly working on a massive extension for him....

31 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You really are a terrible poster and I need to figure out this ignore  feature. 

On mobil hit the icon on the top right (menu button) then select account. Should see an option for ignored users, select that, then there is a search bar where you can start typing in users to ignore.

Might I suggest David Dennison, Futureman, spiderbananaguy, and the rest of the cloak room queens? Your life will improve dramatically.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I thought Sark was going to be the heir apparent to Saban. I know Saban wants to coach as long as he can; he’s 69 and has tons of energy. Sark is currently tied with Steele for being the highest paid coordinator in college football. I get why he’d turn down offer to interview with Auburn in theory but am curious as to why he did so. Them being an in-state rival is a factor but can’t see it being the primary reason to turn down the interview. And if he’s a/the name to watch for Texas why not interview with another school to drive up the price. If Sark stays sober he’d be a great HC. 

I am 100% Urban or Bust! There is only one way. This is the way! 

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why do you think Steve Sarkisian would be a good hire for head coach at the University of Texas?

A few reasons

1. He is a great offensive mind. His offense would be a perfect counter to OU

2. He has NFL experience. He could sit in recruits living rooms and sell them on the fact that he's been there and can teach them how to go pro

3. His time with Saban. If he is as smart as everyone says he is then he's been taking notes and observing what it takes to run the most successful program in college football

4. He has coaching experience in a P5 league. Unlike Herman and Strong, Sark has several years experience as a Head coach which means he knows what goes into being the head man.

During his time with Saban and in the NFL, he has most likely been able to evaluate some of the things he did right and wrong as a head coach. He never made Washington into world beaters but that program was as good as dead we he got there and he turned them into a .500 program. Not the greatest but it does make you wonder how good he could have become if he wasn't a Sumlin level alcoholic. You hire him because he comes from the most successful program in the nation any he has the most upside potential of and candidate we could hire. If he really has be clean for several years and Urban does turn us down, we could do a lot worse then Sark.

Edited by HornsofBevo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

On mobil hit the icon on the top right (menu button) then select account. Should see an option for ignored users, select that, then there is a search bar where you can start typing in users to ignore.

Might I suggest David Dennison, Futureman, spiderbananaguy, and the rest of the cloak room queens? Your life will improve dramatically.

LOL

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I thought Sark was going to be the heir apparent to Saban. I know Saban wants to coach as long as he can; he’s 69 and has tons of energy. Sark is currently tied with Steele for being the highest paid coordinator in college football. I get why he’d turn down offer to interview with Auburn in theory but am curious as to why he did so. Them being an in-state rival is a factor but can’t see it being the primary reason to turn down the interview. And if he’s a/the name to watch for Texas why not interview with another school to drive up the price. If Sark stays sober he’d be a great HC. 

I am 100% Urban or Bust! There is only one way. This is the way! 

Spoiler

MandoFavreau2.gif.3d1d8f5f786a03d92d85cbd1b5e3a38f.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HornsofBevo said:

A few reasons

2. He has NFL experience. He could sit in recruits living rooms and sell them on the fact that he's been there and can teach them how to go pro

3. His time with Saban. If he is as smart as everyone says he is then he's been taking notes and observing what it takes to run the most successful program in college football

4. He has coaching experience in a P5 league. Unlike Herman and Strong, Sark has several years experience as a Head coach which means he knows what goes into being the head man.

During his time with Saban and in the NFL, he has most likely been able to evaluate some of the things he did right and wrong as a head coach. He never made Washington into world beaters but that program was as good as dead we he got there and he turned them into a .500 program. Not the greatest but it does make you wonder how good he could have become if he wasn't a Sumlin level alcoholic. You hire him because he comes from the most successful program in the nation and he has the most upside potential of and candidate we could hire. If he really has be clean for several years and Urban does turn us down, we could do a lot worse then Sark.

That must be why Alabama is setting him up to succeed NIck Saban.

7 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

Does HC experience count if you made  @NorLa Horns look like a model of sobriety the entire time? 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

A few reasons

During his time with Saban and in the NFL, he has most likely been able to evaluate some of the things he did right and wrong as a head coach. He never made Washington into world beaters but that program was as good as dead we he got there and he turned them into a .500 program. Not the greatest but it does make you wonder how good he could have become if he wasn't a Sumlin level alcoholic. You hire him because he comes from the most successful program in the nation any he has the most upside potential of and candidate we could hire. If he really has be clean for several years and Urban does turn us down, we could do a lot worse then Sark.

Well, since you put it that way.

#nitecrüe

6 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

What shit show. Will we have a team to field next year? Having players declaring to be an NFL free agent now. My question is? Whom gets fired 1st. CDC or the Turtle. Actually who will have enough nads to swing the hatchet. 

This happens at every program across the country nowadays. Go back into your house and stop yelling at the clouds. 

• Hook 'Em 2

What makes you so confident on Kelly?

Absolutely nothing. Just based upon the timing for announcements it most likely is someone in the playoff, leaving only Kelly, sark, and Meyer as meeting the criteria of head coaching experience.

Forgot Campbell. 10:1.

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This happens at every program across the country nowadays. Go back into your house and stop yelling at the clouds. 

Not to sure about this. Have you ever heard of Auburn. Coaching fired and a hire within two weeks. This makes no sense at all keeping Herman around.

Edited by ckhorn
Shit show
  • Fuck You 2